Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Do you exercise because you want to lose weight? Is that your primary goal? Tell us how you feel.

Last edited by Terri-Exercise Editor; 02/03/13 02:56 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Great topic! I am exercising because I am prone to high pressure. I was on pills, stopped taking them and started exercising - I no longer needed to be on the pills my doctor swore I would need to be on the rest of my life.

So as per the doctor, as long as I exercise, eat right - my blood pressure stays lower - no pills. My goal is to stay off pills.

I can tell when I'm headed in the wrong direction by not exercising. I start feeling dizzy which is the first sign that my blood pressure has gone back up to unacceptable levels.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Dianne, it's great that you can control this potential threat with exercise. Keep up the good work and stay healthy.

I am two-sided. I exercise because I have a family history of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and degenerative arthritis. I have already inherited the arthritis with a vengeance. Exercise keeps my joints moving and reduces pain.

But I am always grateful to lose a pound or two. Healthy weight is also important in protecting my joints.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Did you know you have to burn 3500 calories to lose one pound. Take a look at my Calorie Chart:
Calories Burned During Aerobic Activities

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Exercise is only part of losing weight. Remember you have to be taking in less calories also.

Keep exercising to maintain any weight loss.

What do you think? Do you count calories?

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Always remember exercise is only part of the weight-loss equation. You also need to take a careful look at your diet. You cannot eat whatever you want and still lose weight just because you exercise. TJ

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Todays Tips:

Being bored can make you eat more. Try to find something to do that has nothing to do with food.

Eating while watching TV can make you fat. You can lose track of how much you are eating.

Koala
Koala
Hy coach.
In my last post ,I mentionned tkat I had bought a fantastic stationnary bicycle.
Not assembled yet.
I suffer from a sleeping disorder,so I just inished ,a 2 or 3 day sleep.

will assemble the blke asap.

My happiness

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Sorry about your sleep. I suffer from insomnia but never had to do a 2 or 3 day sleep.

Good luck with the bike, it shouldn't be hard to assemble. Let us know as soon as you ride if you like it. Of course you really can't tell from one ride.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I go on the treadmill every day, but occasionally I miss a day. I have the computer wired to a screen and I watch DVDs while I exercise. There are many DVDs I want to watch and if I get engrossed I exercise more. I never watch DVDs without exercising.

It just helps with everything, I feel better when I exercise, I really notice when I don't. It's meant to help heart rate, blood pressure etc. The trick was scheduling it into my life, I used to exercise first thing in the morning, but now I exercise at 6pm every day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.