Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
kerenwaugh, mfboutique, Mrs. Cara, lighthouse, Fee
57197 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57197 Members
417 Forums
112995 Topics
800614 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 688
Beetlemess 300
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 267
Nancy Roussy 177
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 95
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 93
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Mona - Astronomy 41
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#804228 - 02/03/13 06:52 PM Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week
Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Do you exercise because you want to lose weight? Is that your primary goal? Tell us how you feel.

Edited by Terri-Exercise Editor (02/03/13 06:56 PM)

Exercise: Website | Forum
Yoga: Website | Forum

Don't forget to sign up for the weekly Yoga Newsletter.

Add Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Twitter Add Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Facebook Add Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to MySpace Add Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Del.icio.us Digg Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week Add Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Yahoo My Web Add Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Google Bookmarks Add Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Stumbleupon Add Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Reddit
#804236 - 02/03/13 07:33 PM Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
Great topic! I am exercising because I am prone to high pressure. I was on pills, stopped taking them and started exercising - I no longer needed to be on the pills my doctor swore I would need to be on the rest of my life.

So as per the doctor, as long as I exercise, eat right - my blood pressure stays lower - no pills. My goal is to stay off pills.

I can tell when I'm headed in the wrong direction by not exercising. I start feeling dizzy which is the first sign that my blood pressure has gone back up to unacceptable levels.

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Twitter Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Facebook Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to MySpace Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Stumbleupon Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Reddit
#804263 - 02/03/13 11:53 PM Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Dianne, it's great that you can control this potential threat with exercise. Keep up the good work and stay healthy.

I am two-sided. I exercise because I have a family history of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and degenerative arthritis. I have already inherited the arthritis with a vengeance. Exercise keeps my joints moving and reduces pain.

But I am always grateful to lose a pound or two. Healthy weight is also important in protecting my joints.

Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Twitter Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Facebook Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to MySpace Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Stumbleupon Add Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week to Reddit
#804474 - 02/05/13 12:17 AM Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Did you know you have to burn 3500 calories to lose one pound. Take a look at my Calorie Chart:
Calories Burned During Aerobic Activities

#804722 - 02/06/13 01:37 AM Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Exercise is only part of losing weight. Remember you have to be taking in less calories also.

Keep exercising to maintain any weight loss.

What do you think? Do you count calories?

#805093 - 02/07/13 05:02 PM Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Always remember exercise is only part of the weight-loss equation. You also need to take a careful look at your diet. You cannot eat whatever you want and still lose weight just because you exercise. TJ

#805385 - 02/09/13 02:53 PM Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Todays Tips:

Being bored can make you eat more. Try to find something to do that has nothing to do with food.

Eating while watching TV can make you fat. You can lose track of how much you are eating.

#805403 - 02/09/13 04:45 PM Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
Hy coach.
In my last post ,I mentionned tkat I had bought a fantastic stationnary bicycle.
Not assembled yet.
I suffer from a sleeping disorder,so I just inished ,a 2 or 3 day sleep.

will assemble the blke asap.

My happiness

#805472 - 02/10/13 04:18 PM Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Sorry about your sleep. I suffer from insomnia but never had to do a 2 or 3 day sleep.

Good luck with the bike, it shouldn't be hard to assemble. Let us know as soon as you ride if you like it. Of course you really can't tell from one ride.

#805475 - 02/10/13 04:30 PM Re: Exercising to Lose Weight-Discussion of the Week [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Tina - Living Simply Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Bay Area, California
I go on the treadmill every day, but occasionally I miss a day. I have the computer wired to a screen and I watch DVDs while I exercise. There are many DVDs I want to watch and if I get engrossed I exercise more. I never watch DVDs without exercising.

It just helps with everything, I feel better when I exercise, I really notice when I don't. It's meant to help heart rate, blood pressure etc. The trick was scheduling it into my life, I used to exercise first thing in the morning, but now I exercise at 6pm every day.

WireFreeBra.com

Living Simply-Improve Your Life with Less Clutter Book

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
26 minutes 26 seconds ago
Replace one word... (new game)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
27 minutes 20 seconds ago
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
28 minutes 56 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
31 minutes 16 seconds ago
New Reviews of Male-Female Romance Novels
by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
Romance Novels
Today at 12:59 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 12:33 PM
Heavenly Art
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 10:27 AM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Today at 09:25 AM
New Post - Ireland's Megaliths
by Bee - IrishCulture
Irish Culture
Today at 09:20 AM
Better Nutrition Helps ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 08:47 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 93 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.