logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 31 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 30 31
P
P
Hello Goals Gals, I am 61 years old and I have never set goals in my life. I guess my disconglomerated jumbled up life shows it. I just took what came next and dealt with it as it came. That's the free spirited flower child baby boomer in me. However, lately several of my girlfriends and my brother and a male cousin have been discussing the fact that at our ages, we are realizinag that some of the things we wanted to accommplish in our lives will never be. We were all in a life crisis at the same time. So now would be as good a time to start making goals and lists as any time I 'reckon. Like most of you I fancy myself a writer as well. I am looking forward to reading some of your things and when I feel confident I will post some of my things for you. Mostly I write about everyday humor and life in general. Here is a short list of goals for 2009. 1. Start propagating Michigan native trees and shrubs for market. 2. Get rid of lots of stuff I have in my house by setting up a monthly garage sale. 3. Read more - watch TV less. 4. And of course, lose 50 lbs. Realistically I'd be happy if No. 2 gets done. I am just too heavy, and I have no energy. Maybe I should put No. 4 first. What do you think?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Hi PrairieGirl,

Congratulations on listing your goals. That is not an easy process.

Your list of goals sounds doable. Like you I feel strongly about the order in which I list my goals. I use a website called 43things to list my goals and I'll spend lots of time just getting the order just right.

I did notice that your first three goals were ongoing and the lose weight goal was about the end result. This is just a suggestion but how about rephrasing that goal so that there are ongoing actions like walk a mile every day. Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables a day, drink eight glasses of water a day etc. That's a life coaching trick. You break a major goal down into doable parts.

Good luck with all of your goals. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
my goodness, Jilly you sound busy! One year from now, I would like to be starting a new career and writing more projects. Mattie a la mode www.mattiealamode.com

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Hi Mattie, sounds good! Have you taken the first steps toward you goal yet?

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Prairie Girl - we can definitely help you reach these goals! The key is to now think more short term. What steps this week or month can help you head towards these goals?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I looked back at my one year goals from June 2008 which is of course now over a year ago. Let's see how well I did!

* Inbox
All my mail is organized! It's all in to-do folders. That makes my life so much easier.

* Sweepstakes
Getting things caught up!

* Social Networking
Pretty smooth

* Weddings & Courtships Native American
OK this didn't get done. Still pending.

* Romance Novels
I kept submitting and getting rejected, the process continues.

* Messy House
Still messy, getting better. Progress is being made.

* Origami
completely caught up!

* Exercise and weight 130
I have been down to 130, right now I'm 135. I do exercise more frequently than before but need to add in yet more.

So I do see good progress in here, and it looks like time to set up some new one year goals!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
A group of friends traditionally sets goals on New Years Eve. They are now sealed in an envelope and decorum dictates that I not open them until Dec 31, 2009. Of the ones I recall, they are the following:

Pushing limits: take a hot-air balloon ride (not done yet)

Organized: the garage (completed until my husband noticed the extra space I created and installed more junk)

Personal: train for a tri-athalon (still training, have yet to actually compete)

Professional: Increase my writing to include style and entertaining. (in progress)

Those are the ones I remember. Thanks for the opportunity to track my progress at the just over half way mark.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's interesting, I would think you would want your goals very visible so you can work on them! How can you point towards goals that are invisible?

Do you get to keep a separate list on your dresser or something so you can plan to get to them?

LOL that is really funny about your husband invading the open space! That definitely happens - if you create space, it gets filled. The hope is that it gets filled with more productive items smile

Hot air ballooning sounds like great fun!

Low Carb Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Greetings,

That's an interesting idea, to write the goals down and then put them away for the rest of the year--that's a true test of the Law of Attraction. LOL.

I think this is a good technique for those goals that are nice to have, but are optional. I have goals like that. And I've achieved some goals without having to do anything, it just landed in my lap. However for those things I really want and have to take action on, then keeping them visible is important since I will need to monitor my progress, put elements of it on my to-do list etc.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Yes, great progress Lisa! I need to find my list on here to see where I am. I routinely use my list on 43things.com

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Page 14 of 31 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 30 31

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.