logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Has anyone started the Diet after reading the book? What are your thoughts on the way it is written. Very confusing. Information all over the book, instead of categorizing foods and spices you can have in one spot. Helpppppp

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Is the Diet actually related to colds & allergies?

If not, you might get more responses if this were posted in the proper forum :-)

If it is, then it's fine but you could also post a similar question in the Weight Loss forum as well. You will get a broader range of responses :-)

Last edited by Sadhana - Indian Food; 02/01/13 03:54 PM.

SADHANA GINDE, Indian Food Editor

BellaOnline Training Manager, BellaOnline Forum Admin, BellaOnine FB Admin :-)

Indian Food Website

Dont forget to sign up for the Indian Food Newsletter!
M
Shark
Shark
M
Perhaps you can post it on the related Food section, there must be someone read the book and can give you useful advice! :)

Come to pandahall to get your fashionable jewelry.
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
The book actually is related to food sensitivities/allergies so posting it here works. I am trying the Plan and agree there are a lot of problems with it but it does have some good basic information if you are willing to search it out. My biggest complaint is it gives no suggestions for menus if you already know a food being tested is one you have a problem with (e.g. bread). I already know I cannot eat bread (gluten sensitivity) or any gluten-free kind because of candida which makes me sensitive to carbs. But there are no suggestions for making other tests. Basically, you have to use the Plan as a guide and kind of go it on your own. I do like the cleanse and getting you down to the least reactive foods so you can begin to test for sensitivities. That is really working for me.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum
H
H
I read an intro to her book on an amazon page. I applaud her for getting folks to eat better, mentioning KILLER INFLAMMATION *for most doctors play it down to the detriment of their patients, and for eliminating those items that cause sensitivities. What I didn't care for was what is allowed: PROCESSED. Can't wrap my head around that at all - perhaps today you are NOT suffering from a reaction from the bromide in bakery items. The genetically modified ingredients. The synthetic enrichment. Or are you? Unless you have a window to your digestion, there could be some real problems brewing. I don't mean to sound critical - but I have been there. I opted out of the processed foods chain-for my health's sake. The allowed federal government approved suggested amounts of GRAINS and DAIRY and it almost killed me. I don't trust anyone that suggests any -food- that contains over 8 items and is wrapped in a can or wrapper full of BPA - whether allowed by the FDA or not. I was tested for allergies and know what I may have issues with. Some might be healthy broccoli. But chances are, I will find a way to include them every so often for the nutritional and some times CANCER fighting qualities. There really is NO nutritive reason to eat chips, white bread, etc. Oh, and by going organic, gluten-free and not eating anything that was made in a laboratory - I lost over 10 pounds and have kept it off for 7 years. (Even my red wine is organic. But I can take resveratrol and organic grapes without the damage to my liver) But that's just how I look at food, health and weight loss.

Last edited by HappyMe09; 02/01/13 02:39 PM.
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
I am only using the reactive foods aspect of her plan but that can be helpful for someone with inflammation. Like I said, her plan is far from perfect. I too do not appreciate the processed foods but I don't eat them anyhow.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum

Moderated by  Sheree-Allergies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.