Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Bruceox1962, Kelly Z, Arca Decks, arrowproject, Ashley Jessica
56565 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56565 Members
417 Forums
111442 Topics
786004 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 229
Nancy Roussy 171
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 140
loongdragon 137
Rosie 66 130
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 88
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 54
Susan - Meditation Editor 54
Jilly 54
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#802689 - 01/25/13 06:08 PM Do you have more than one dog?
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Do you have more than one dog? If so, how many?

Our city allows up to five dogs. I have three. I've never had more than two dogs at the same time in my entire life.

I am so happy with our little pack! Because they are small, they are easy to maintain and take with us in the car.

How many dogs have you had at the same time?

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Do you have more than one dog? to Twitter Add Do you have more than one dog? to Facebook Add Do you have more than one dog? to MySpace Add Do you have more than one dog? to Del.icio.us Digg Do you have more than one dog? Add Do you have more than one dog? to Yahoo My Web Add Do you have more than one dog? to Google Bookmarks Add Do you have more than one dog? to Stumbleupon Add Do you have more than one dog? to Reddit
#804200 - 02/03/13 12:48 PM Re: Do you have more than one dog? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

I have one dog. I never considered getting a second one as Oreo is used to being an "only child". smile

In the future, I may get two so that they have each other for company and to rough dog play with.
Mental Health Facebook Page

Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Twitter Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Facebook Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to MySpace Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you have more than one dog? Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Reddit
#804214 - 02/03/13 03:39 PM Re: Do you have more than one dog? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Lisa - Fiction Writing Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: Beattyville, KY
I own three dogs and am temporarily taking care of another that we hope to find a good home for. If we can't find a good home for her, we will have four dogs.

Right now I have a German Shepherd, an Australian Shepherd, and a Boxer/German Shepherd mix. The stray who seems to have adopted us from the moment she stepped onto our porch is some sort of beagle mix.

Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Twitter Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Facebook Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to MySpace Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you have more than one dog? Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you have more than one dog? to Reddit
#804215 - 02/03/13 03:40 PM Re: Do you have more than one dog? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Dogs are very adaptable, depending upon their breed, but typically, they are pack animals and like to be in a pack. First and foremost, YOU are their pack and pack leader so if they have your attention, that will keep them satisfied.

But I've found that most dogs do enjoy the company of other dogs, especially if their owner must leave them for a good portion of the day. It isn't healthy for a dog to be alone without social stimulation for long stretches on a regular basis just as it is for humans.

Our beloved border collie was loyal and loving as an only dog but he sure thrived with the company of another dog. He was never alone when we were gone and benefited from the mental and physical stimulation that only another dog could give him.

Our three chis sure love their lives. smile Yet even though they love each other's company, they really prefer to have our attention and affection first. It's like having three little kids in the house all over again. I guess they provide mental, physical and emotional stimulation for us in return.

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#818127 - 04/26/13 09:41 AM Re: Do you have more than one dog? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I have two dogs, yellow Labrador Retrievers. They are brother and sister and were brought home together as puppies. With work schedules at the time it was important for me that they have company while I was not home. I am very aware of a dog's pack mentality as well.

I don't regret having the two. They play together and take a lot of that energy burden off of me, which is great. When they were young they learned their lessons from each other too. If one puppy "got it" then the other was soon to follow because they do like to imitate each other. It was a good choice for me to acquire the two dogs together, even though getting them through puppyhood had it's little challenges now and then. They sleep together and are best buddies.

#818382 - 04/28/13 12:38 PM Re: Do you have more than one dog? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Bettina-Dogs/Herbs Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

From rescuing over the past 25+ years, we have had a minimum of 3 furbabies in our home. Right now, we have 3 Doxies and a Shih Tzu.

Tess is the youngest at 7 and the others go from 10, 11 and 12, so they are aging. Oh, we have a cat too who is 13.
Dogs Forum
My Website

#818400 - 04/28/13 02:35 PM Re: Do you have more than one dog? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

When we have a larger property, I will increase our pack to five dogs. The three chi mixes are already here in our family. My husband wants a purebred border collie and I'd like a giant pyrenees. I'm not sold yet on the pyrenees because I know the needs and traits, but the loving personality and oversized cuddle factor tempts me greatly!

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#818798 - 04/30/13 02:50 PM Re: Do you have more than one dog? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Hello Lori, having a pack is great...ours is 4 dogs and a cat. Luckily, they are small, so it isn't too much. We would happily take in any Doxie or Shih Tzu that needs a forever home, no questions about it.

The other great thing about packs is they know who is boss (just like children)...I'm the one they listen too, my husband? Well he tries, but he's the softy! :-)
Dogs Forum
My Website

#818961 - 05/01/13 03:25 PM Re: Do you have more than one dog? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Joan541 Offline
Gecko

Loc: Texas
I have two dogs right now, an Australian Shepherd and a Lab, ages 9 and 13. We've had as many as 3 at a time. I would get another one from the local shelter but my husband said two is enough. I think I'll always have at least that many though as so many need homes.

We have 3 cats too.

#819549 - 05/05/13 09:14 PM Re: Do you have more than one dog? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

It is heartbreaking at how many are in the shelters and humane societies. If people would just think before they bring one home, or get them spayed and neutered...it may cut down on how many are disposed of.
Dogs Forum
My Website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Bettina-Dogs/Herbs Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Dumpster Diving
by Jilly
Frugal Living
2 seconds ago
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
44 minutes 46 seconds ago
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
46 minutes 20 seconds ago
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
49 minutes 29 seconds ago
Transforming Arms into Tools
by African Dawn
African Culture
Today at 01:43 PM
Remarkable Reads
by Angie
Hispanic Culture
Today at 01:01 PM
Look up - there are beautiful sights in the sky!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 12:52 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 12:45 PM
Hugging and Meditation Are Nurturing
Meditation
Today at 12:43 PM
Easter Week Meditation
Meditation
Today at 12:41 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, 1 invisible), 134 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.