Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Do you have more than one dog? If so, how many?

Our city allows up to five dogs. I have three. I've never had more than two dogs at the same time in my entire life.

I am so happy with our little pack! Because they are small, they are easy to maintain and take with us in the car.

How many dogs have you had at the same time?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I have one dog. I never considered getting a second one as Oreo is used to being an "only child". smile

In the future, I may get two so that they have each other for company and to rough dog play with.

Dr. Ilyssa Hershey
Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Site
Mental Health Facebook Page
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I own three dogs and am temporarily taking care of another that we hope to find a good home for. If we can't find a good home for her, we will have four dogs.

Right now I have a German Shepherd, an Australian Shepherd, and a Boxer/German Shepherd mix. The stray who seems to have adopted us from the moment she stepped onto our porch is some sort of beagle mix.

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Dogs are very adaptable, depending upon their breed, but typically, they are pack animals and like to be in a pack. First and foremost, YOU are their pack and pack leader so if they have your attention, that will keep them satisfied.

But I've found that most dogs do enjoy the company of other dogs, especially if their owner must leave them for a good portion of the day. It isn't healthy for a dog to be alone without social stimulation for long stretches on a regular basis just as it is for humans.

Our beloved border collie was loyal and loving as an only dog but he sure thrived with the company of another dog. He was never alone when we were gone and benefited from the mental and physical stimulation that only another dog could give him.

Our three chis sure love their lives. smile Yet even though they love each other's company, they really prefer to have our attention and affection first. It's like having three little kids in the house all over again. I guess they provide mental, physical and emotional stimulation for us in return.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I have two dogs, yellow Labrador Retrievers. They are brother and sister and were brought home together as puppies. With work schedules at the time it was important for me that they have company while I was not home. I am very aware of a dog's pack mentality as well.

I don't regret having the two. They play together and take a lot of that energy burden off of me, which is great. When they were young they learned their lessons from each other too. If one puppy "got it" then the other was soon to follow because they do like to imitate each other. It was a good choice for me to acquire the two dogs together, even though getting them through puppyhood had it's little challenges now and then. They sleep together and are best buddies.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
From rescuing over the past 25+ years, we have had a minimum of 3 furbabies in our home. Right now, we have 3 Doxies and a Shih Tzu.

Tess is the youngest at 7 and the others go from 10, 11 and 12, so they are aging. Oh, we have a cat too who is 13.

Bettina Thomas-Smith, Herbs Editor
Herbs Website
Dogs Website
Dogs Forum
My Website

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
When we have a larger property, I will increase our pack to five dogs. The three chi mixes are already here in our family. My husband wants a purebred border collie and I'd like a giant pyrenees. I'm not sold yet on the pyrenees because I know the needs and traits, but the loving personality and oversized cuddle factor tempts me greatly!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Hello Lori, having a pack is great...ours is 4 dogs and a cat. Luckily, they are small, so it isn't too much. We would happily take in any Doxie or Shih Tzu that needs a forever home, no questions about it.

The other great thing about packs is they know who is boss (just like children)...I'm the one they listen too, my husband? Well he tries, but he's the softy! :-)

Herbs Website
Dogs Website
Dogs Forum
My Website

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I have two dogs right now, an Australian Shepherd and a Lab, ages 9 and 13. We've had as many as 3 at a time. I would get another one from the local shelter but my husband said two is enough. I think I'll always have at least that many though as so many need homes.

We have 3 cats too.

B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
It is heartbreaking at how many are in the shelters and humane societies. If people would just think before they bring one home, or get them spayed and neutered...it may cut down on how many are disposed of.

Herbs Website
Dogs Website
Dogs Forum
My Website

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bettina-Dogs/Herbs Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.