Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Thank you for your thoughts on that. I usually am able to recall wonderful adventures like that when I am afraid (say, when getting a tooth pulled at the dentist), and it helps me stay calm.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
Sometimes it helps me to think about my safe places, the places I go to fully relax and read or nap or talk about meaningful things. If I am not able to be near my safe places, I try to think about the feeling of the couch or chair that are there, the lovely smells in the air, the taste of the peppermint tea I drink. My body relaxes just by thinking of these places and reduces my anxiety.

R
R
I feel really thankful to have really great health care providers. I have a team of doctors, each providing his or her specialty that I can call on as needed that I have known for years. Mental health, physical health, dental health, chiropractor, massage therapist, etc. It's so awesome to have that support network in place. I'm thankful for the structure that allows me to have my medical home for all my care, instead of requiring me to see a different doctor each visit. And I feel very fortunate to have a job that provides the insurance so I can get the care I need. I'm very grateful and feel extremely humbled. Which also makes me feel concern for my fellow earthmates who don't have this care. Wow, just re-reading this is powerful to me. My heart is really humbled.

Last edited by Ruby June; 02/17/13 08:11 PM.
D
D
[quote=Dr. Hershey-MH] What are some strategies you can share that has helped you to reduce your everyday stress or worry? [/quote] I think this is something weird but for me, to reduce my stress and worry, I will go out and play with children in our place, it seems when I am with them, I can also be happy and active, good thing they still let me join though there are some cases I am the one who is responsible to stop whenever someone will start to fight and we know it is common and natural for children to have a little fight but after a few moment, they can be friends again. Sometimes, I just need to take a good rest in order to reduce or get rid of stress.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
@djesse - If you have ever watched kids play, you can see how totally in the now they are. They are totally focused on the moment. I can see how this activity would help reduce your worry/anxiety. Exercise/activity is also known to reduce anxiety...so you have two great strategies going on at once!

@ruby - safe place visualization is a great technique!

Dr. Ilyssa Hershey
Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Site
Mental Health Facebook Page
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.