Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
BestHomeDecor, lmnopq261352, Manisha Pal, Rain_2014, EmmaIsherwood
57316 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57316 Members
417 Forums
113295 Topics
803965 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 656
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 393
Beetlemess 286
Jana - Creativity Editor 286
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 80
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Dorcy 59
Nancy Roussy 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#800768 - 01/15/13 02:26 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Ruby,
I have a hard time meditating on my own. My mind loves to wander! I use a CD to help.

The body follows the mind!
Here's to your health!

Edited by Dr. Ilyssa-Mental Health (01/15/13 02:26 PM)
Mental Health Facebook Page

Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Twitter Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Facebook Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to MySpace Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Stumbleupon Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Reddit
#803952 - 02/01/13 12:44 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Meditation is a great way to reduce stress. If one has difficulty meditating, just taking some deep breaths is extremely beneficial.

Long, deep cleansing breaths can calm the mind.
A calm mind can lead to a relaxed body.

The body follows the mind and the mind follows the breath.

Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Twitter Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Facebook Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to MySpace Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Stumbleupon Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Reddit
#804070 - 02/01/13 09:16 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
Dear Doctor,

I do not have difficulty with sitting meditation,I just don't like it.Love active meditation,Like Thich Nhat Hanh teaches.

Respectfully yours
loong

#804163 - 02/02/13 07:54 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loong, I enjoy Thich Nhat Hanh's writing/teachings too.

Edited by Dr. Hershey-MH (02/02/13 07:56 PM)

#804164 - 02/02/13 07:57 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Has anyone tried Aromatherapy to reduce stress and anxiety?

#804166 - 02/02/13 08:15 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Ruby June Offline

Loc: Spokane
Hi Dr. Ilyssa, I love to put on my perfume and I have....Put on Perfume.....on my coping strategies list. From Ruby June

Edited by Ruby June (02/02/13 08:17 PM)

#804192 - 02/03/13 12:17 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Yesterday in the restorative yoga class I took, the instructor sprayed a peppermint eucalyptus scent over us. It helped to further calm my mind and increase positive feelings.

Edited by Dr. Hershey-MH (02/03/13 12:18 PM)

#804197 - 02/03/13 12:28 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Ruby June Offline

Loc: Spokane
Yum......I love the smell of peppermint. When I was young I lived on a houseboat with my sister in Sausalito. We used-I think it was called-Dr. Bronner's Peppermint liquid soap for everything from washing dishes to bathing. It was such a magical time that whenever I smell peppermint it brings me right back to those joyous days. I can see how that smell with eucalyptus would be delightful and restful.

#804521 - 02/05/13 09:51 AM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Speaking of soap, I love the smell of grapefruit. I have a liquid soap with that fragrance.

But my favorite of all time is the smell of coffee, especially in the morning, It is pure bliss !!

What is everyone's favorite scent?

#804568 - 02/05/13 10:43 AM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
Dear Dr,

As the movie said :The scent of a woman :with Al Pacino,coffee
and cinnamon

loong

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Dr J Webb - Mental Health 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Quizzes about Neuromuscular Disease
by Jori-ND Editor
Neuromuscular Diseases
1 second ago
I Am Back Online
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
34 minutes 57 seconds ago
First Letter-Last Letter
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 09:09 AM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 09:04 AM
New Review - Clue!
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
Today at 08:56 AM
Server Crash and Us
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
Today at 08:47 AM
Expect more
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 07:59 AM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by "Rosie"
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:59 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by "Rosie"
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:19 AM
Music ABC game
by "Rosie"
Pop Music
Today at 04:11 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.