Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
mermatthews, djamel eddine chakrar, anton83, faclinic, Vermontwhitewolf
57242 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57243 Members
417 Forums
113114 Topics
801896 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 849
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 521
Beetlemess 220
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 175
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Nancy Roussy 112
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 71
Jana - Creativity Editor 68
Susan - Meditation Editor 45
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#803634 - 01/30/13 03:59 PM Vibration Exercise Machines
Stephanie - Weight Loss Offline
Parakeet

Do Vibration Exercise Machines work. Like the ones at goga studios? Anyone used them with success?

Add Vibration Exercise Machines to Twitter Add Vibration Exercise Machines to Facebook Add Vibration Exercise Machines to MySpace Add Vibration Exercise Machines to Del.icio.us Digg Vibration Exercise Machines Add Vibration Exercise Machines to Yahoo My Web Add Vibration Exercise Machines to Google Bookmarks Add Vibration Exercise Machines to Stumbleupon Add Vibration Exercise Machines to Reddit
#803643 - 01/30/13 04:34 PM Re: Vibration Exercise Machines [Re: Stephanie - Weight Loss]
Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Stephanie.
According to the Mayo Clinic's view of vibration machines is they "offer some fitness and health benefits, but it is not clear if it as good for you as regular exercise."

However, my research did not show that they were unsafe. There is also some research that shows it helps reduce back pain, improve balance in the elderly, and reduce bone loss.

Of course the makers of the machines make claims of amazing weight loss. This machine is fairly new and there is not a lot of research to back up the claims.

I don't know anyone who has tried one but I suggest the best way to find your answer is to try one. They look like fun and the exercises are common ones you will be familiar with.

Let us know how it works out.

Exercise: Website | Forum
Yoga: Website | Forum

Don't forget to sign up for the weekly Yoga Newsletter.

Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Twitter Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Facebook Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to MySpace Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Vibration Exercise Machines Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Stumbleupon Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Reddit
#804036 - 02/01/13 03:35 PM Re: Vibration Exercise Machines [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Carleen Offline

Hello - I have severe arthritis and there are days when the thought of a trip on the treadmill just about makes me want to urp. I have a Whole Body Vibration machine and I use it on my down days. My balance is impaired by my arthritis and I have found my vibration machine to be a help with that.

I can adjust the strength of the vibration and, depending on my pain level, I can adjust that to my needs.

I didn't spend a lot of money on it but there are some with lots of bells and whistles. All mine has is a level of vibration control. As I said above, I do think it has helped my balance level and I have noticed that when walking I don't veer to the left and then the right, but, rather, I can walk straight ahead.

I hope this helps a bit.

Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Twitter Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Facebook Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to MySpace Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Vibration Exercise Machines Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Stumbleupon Add Re: Vibration Exercise Machines to Reddit
#804038 - 02/01/13 03:50 PM Re: Vibration Exercise Machines [Re: Carleen]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Carleen, it sounds like you use your machine as a therapeutic tool, is that right? I'm glad that it helps your arthritis I know how painful it can be.

Have you noticed any weight loss or toning of muscles since you have been using your machine?

#804040 - 02/01/13 04:04 PM Re: Vibration Exercise Machines [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Carleen Offline

Yes, it's a therapeutic tool - anything that keeps me upright and moving is a good thing!!! I have psoriatic arthritis and osteoarthritis, in all of my body. Not a pleasant thing at all!

The biggest benefit from using the Whole Body Vibration machine is better balance and sureness of feet. I was beginning to walk as if I even more elderly than I am, very carefully and timidly.

I have noticed some toning but not weight loss. I have a home gym with lots of other things to use including a Bowflex, treadmill, strider, etc. I will occasionally use exercise bands that I've accumulated from various physical therapy sessions over the years. I put the illustrated exercises on magnetic boards on the walls of my gym so I won't forget the proper form.

For me, speed = impact = pain. So anything that I do is mostly in slow-motion! My maximum speed on treadmill or walking outdoors, is 3 mph on good days. Not all days are that good!

My weight loss, which is significant, comes from exercise and low-carb eating for the past 10 years.

#804043 - 02/01/13 04:26 PM Re: Vibration Exercise Machines [Re: Carleen]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Sounds like you know what your body needs; and you know what to do for it. I like your motto: speed=impact=pain. Actually I pretty much do the same thing. Three mph is great, that is usually what I walk so my knees don't get sore.

One thing I might suggest is a recumbent bike. I have gotten relief for back and knee pain (degenerative arthritis) from riding my bike. There is absolutely no impact. They are pretty affordable as long as you don't want a lot of bells and whistles. Look for comfort and stability. The bike should provide a smooth ride without jerkiness.

Good luck and keep us posted.

#804047 - 02/01/13 04:37 PM Re: Vibration Exercise Machines [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Carleen Offline

I've been thinking about a recumbent bike. I currently have an adult tricycle for outdoor use but my knees are not liking it very much anymore.

I'm thinking a recumbent bike will be my next purchase. Thanks for validating my impression of them.

#804084 - 02/01/13 11:32 PM Re: Vibration Exercise Machines [Re: Stephanie - Weight Loss]
Parakeet

Thank you for that information everyone! Right up the street is a Goga studio, it's only 49 a month, but I think what I'll do is join for one month (no contracts) and see how it helps. I'm a little bothered by the idea of people seeing my body shaking like that, but I don't want to spend too much money until I know it works. Thanks!

#804086 - 02/02/13 01:59 AM Re: Vibration Exercise Machines [Re: Stephanie - Weight Loss]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

I should probably already know this but what is Goga?

#804087 - 02/02/13 02:01 AM Re: Vibration Exercise Machines [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Parakeet

You can check them out at gogastudios dot com. They have the vibration machines.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Do you prefer to go shopping online?
by MarryJoseph
Fashion Jewelry
15 seconds ago
What Did You Write Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Another dress pattern HELP!
by bubblyblonde174
Crochet
Yesterday at 08:48 PM
Healthy Snacking Ideas
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 08:03 PM
Autumn Poetry
by Karena - Poetry Editor
Poetry
Yesterday at 06:54 PM
3 Days to Kill Movie Review
by Dianne W - Editor
Action Movies
Yesterday at 06:52 PM
Leyna on Every Heart
by Karena - Poetry Editor
Poetry
Yesterday at 06:50 PM
MOM is in Martian orbit - jubilation in India!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 06:15 PM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 03:40 PM
What Is Space Weather? *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 03:10 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 57 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.