Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 28 29
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Loong, your kind thoughts are appreciated very much.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Boy I was in a foul mood today. I am really amazed I was able to enforce my exercise habit. So today I rode my recumbent bike for 20 minutes. I am thinking I may move up to 25 minutes.

I did strength for my upper body using dumbbells. I have a set of weight lifting exercises from my shoulder physical therapy (rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders). I continue to use them. Today I did 10 reps of each exercise three sets without stopping between sets. Because of the rapid pace I could only use three pound dumbbells. But wow, my arms shook all evening.

I ended with some slow yoga. Wish I would've had time to do more yoga. Maybe tomorrow I'll do an all yoga day. That's something to look forward to.

Oh, by the way, I'm still waiting for you all to join me. It's getting a little weird like talking to myself.

Koala
Koala
To Terri

Hi coach.second day done.
Will do my dumbells tonite..Remembered some exercises from the gym.
Added those to yours.

Feel great.

From one giver to another giver,when I used to have a foul day,found an exercise
Thought by an 82 year old special person.

When I wake up ,first thing IS do is not move,put half a smile on my face and breathe 3 times. Then sit still with the half smile on my face breathe 3 times THEN get up
This way one cannot start a day on a wrong foot.with loving kindness
Loong.
Where do I type the address you gave me,please?

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Dear Loong. I very excited for you as you start this new exercise adventure. I hope you find the relief you are looking for. I'm sure the more strength you have the better your knees will feel.

Please feel free to continue to report your progress here in our online fitness journal. It is good to let others see you as inspiration.

If you have more personal questions or something that will take a lot of room then you can go to the main site from the first page of the forum. At the top of the page it says "This is a Companion to the BellaOnline Exercise Site". Click there and it will take you to the main site. Once on the main site on the right side of the page is an envelope that says contact under it. If you click on it you will be directed to a personal comment which will go to my email.

However, like I said we enjoy hearing about your exercise progress and successes here in the forum fitness journal. Thanks for your posts.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Today I almost broke 2 of my VIP exercise rules. First of all I thought about pulling the "I'm too busy" card. Then I told myself, "well if I can't work out hard then I may as well not work out at all". Ha! What was I thinking.

First of all we can always carve out a few minutes for exercise even if it is only 10 minutes. So I took a shower and planned my workout to take place while my hair dried. Second, who said exercise had to be hard. The days of "no pain, no gain" are over.

So I gave myself a good talking too and thought I did not feel like a hard (hard for me, not everyone) workout. I decided to do one of my relaxing yoga session. Turned out this was exactly what my body needed. The forty minutes (which I thought I didn't have) felt so good. I practiced breathing with my poses and I actually felt relaxed.

Lesson learned. Working out is not all about exercise. It's also about listening to our bodies and giving ourselves what we need. TJ

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Today I went to a yoga class. We did a lot of twists which are good for purifying the body of toxins. They felt good too.

Later today I rode my recumbent bike for 25 minutes. Yeah! I increased by 5 minutes and feel good.

I posted a chart of Calories Burned During Aerobic Activities. Take a look at it:
Calories Burned During Aerobic Activities

You can also find this on the Exercise Site Home Page, under the category of Fitness Charts. TJ

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hey Loong, How are you doing? Exercising okay?

Koala
Koala
Hello Coach,
Today taking the day off.Yesterday hurt my worst knee,so taking a recuperation day.
You don't know ,but you have given me a new drive. For that I thank you.

with high respect
Loong

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Loong, how did you hurt your knee?

Koala
Koala
Dear Terri,
Actually ,if you saw the shape of my knee,you would understand ,how lucky .i am that it does not happrn more often.
The pain was on the top ,if you can call that a top.
Tomorrow morning ,I will restart;
Thank you for caring,and by the way ,how are you yourself.
loong the leaener

Page 3 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.