Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Written by SRinpoche

The still revolutionary insight of Buddhism is that life and Death are in the mind,and nowhere else.Mind is revealed as the universal basis of experience--the creator of happiness and the creator of suffering,the creator of what we call life and what we call death.

loong's comment: my favorite part of all the learnings I received in Buddhism,
Is the above statement.All illusions lived by humans,are created by
the Mind...No mind no existence in this world,mind you,the
World we believe in is the biggest Illusion created by the MIND.

Loong the learner

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
The words that follow are the words of' Sodian.From his new master.

Then one day,when I was receiving the teaching and prcticing with him,IS had the most astounding experience.Everythingi had ever heard about iin the teachings seemed to be happening to me-all the material phenomena around us where dissolving-I became so excited and stammered:Rinpoche...Rinpoche...
It's happening!I will never forget the look of compassion on his face as heleaned down tward me and conforted me :It''s all right...it's all right.Don!t get too excited.In the end ,it's neter good or bad...Wonder and bliss werebeginning to carry me away
btDujon Rinpoche knew that although god experience can be useful landmarks on the path of meditation,they can be traps if attachment enters in .You have to go beyond them into a deeper and more stable grounding:It was to that groundingthat his wise words brought me.

Although I had received all the essenrptial training from my master Jamyang Khyentse like a seed ,it was Dudjom Rinpoche who had watered it and made him blossom.And when INVOLVED began to teach ,it was this example that inspired me.

Loong's comment. I remember when I used to go to the gym, once while totally concentrated ln front of steel column, a tunnel started burrowing in the beam ,at the end was a beautiful room.Then the tunnel closed.It happened another time.
I have a friend whoo found inside the room.The people sitting i-.n the room were all peace people ,Buddha Lao Tsu,Jesus, and then he found himself outside the room.
It never happened to him ever again.

Loong the learner

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Sorry for the typing errors working on a tablette,not yet mastered
Loong

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks for sharing these. You have truly been picking the best passages and stories from this book. It is such an amazing book, you are reminding me of that. In Buddhism, so many of the themes have been communicated over and over. But it is the new way that someone says it that can strike a chord in us. Sogyal Rinpoche is so good at saying things in a new way that does that.

And I love this story, I had forgotten about it. Yes, we can have so many wonderful experiences and they 'feed' us in a way, keep us going. But they aren't the point...they too are transient in the end...

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I had typed another article,but my batterie on my tablette died ,again lost the post

loong

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: loongdragon
I had typed another article,but my batterie on my tablette died ,again lost the post

loong

This seems to happen a lot to you! Does it happen when it shouldn't? Perhaps you are emanating out a lot of energy that is disturbing your electronics equipment - did you know that some people consider this a sign of the 'kundalini', or spiritual awakening energy, rising in a person:-)

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To Lisa,

Thank you

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

MIND is in Tibetan Buddhism split in 2 minds ,the first :sem:
The other one is called :Rigpa:.So here goes with the first,sem.)loong)
There are many aspects of the Mind,but two stand out.The first is the ordinary mind ,called by the Tibetans ;sem; ONe master defines it "That which possesses discriminating awareness, that which possesses a sense of duality-- which grasps or rejects someting EXTERNAL-that is mind.Fundamentally it is that which can associate with the 'other'-with any 'something'that is perceived as different from the perceiver'.Sem is the discursive,dualistic,thinking mind,which can only function in relation to a projected and falsely perceived EXTERNAL reference
point.
So sem,is the mind that thinks,plots,desires,manipulates,that flares up in anger,that creates and indulges in waves of negative emoyions and thoughts,that has to go on and on asserting,validating,and confirming it's'" existence" by fragmenting ,conceptualizing,and solidifying experience.The ordinaray mind is the ceasely shifting and shiftless prey of external influences,habitual tendencies,and conditioning;The
masters liken sem to a candle flame in the open doorway,vulnerable to all the winds of circonstance.
Seen from one angle ,sem,is flickering ,unstable ,grasping,and endlessly minding in other's business;its energy consumed by projecting outwards.I think of it sometimes as a Mexican jumping bean,or as a monkey hopping restlessly from branch to branch on
a tree.Yet seen in another way,the ordinary mind has a false,dull stability,a smug and self-protective inertia,a stone -like calm of ingrained habits,Sem is as cunning as a crooked politician,skeptical,ditrustful,expert at trickery and guile,
"ingenius"Jamyang Khyentse wrote,"in the games of deception.
It is within the experience of this chaotic,confused,undisciplined and repetitive sem,thisORDINARY mind ,that again and again ,we undergo change and death....

Text Sodyal Rinpoche

loong
The next post will be on THE MIND RIGPA.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
This post is the following text on the definition of the Mind,
called RIGPA.The first part described was called ;sem;read above.
Now we will read about what I beleive to be the entire LIFE of humans.

This is because the nature of mind is the very root itself of understanding.In Tibetan we call it Rigpa,a primordial,pure,pristine awareness ,that is at once intelligent,cognizant,radiant,and always awake.IT COULD BE SAID
TO BE THE KNOWLEDGE OF KNOWLEDGE ITSELF.Do not make the mistake of imagining that the nature of mind is exclusive to our mind only.It is in fact the nature of EVERYTHING.It can never be said too often that to realize the nature of mind is to realize the nature of ALL things.
Saints and mystics throughout history have adomed their realizations with different names and given them different faces and interpretations,but what they all are fundamentally experiencing is the essential nature of the mind.
Christians and jews cll it GOD,Hindus call it the : self:,:Shiva"
"Brahman and "Vishnu" ; Sufi mystics name it the "Hidden Essence"
and BUDDHISTS call it "Buddha Nature.At the heart of all religions is the certainty that there is fundamental truth,and that this life is a sacred opportunity to evolve and REALIZE IT.

Text by S,Rinpoche.

loong's comment: To me Rigpa is the Basis of all we think life is.Without Rigpa there is nothing ,not even the Illusions that constitutes the bardo of life itself.No Rigpa,nothing exists.
Humbly
loong

:

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none

Let us look in ,
The diffmerence that this slight change in orientation(ordinary people looking
inside their Mind),could make is enormous ,and might even reverse those disasters that threaten the world.When a much larger of people know the nature of their minds'they will know also the glorious nature of the world they are in ,and struggle urgently and bravely to preserve it.It is interesting that the word for Buddhist in Tibetan is nangpa.It means inside-er:someone who seeks the the truth not outside,but within the nature of mind .All the teachings and training in Buddhism are aimed at that one single polnt:to look into the nature of the mind,and so free us from the fear of death and help us realize the truth of life.

Looking in will require of us great subtlety and great courage-nothing less than a complete shift in or attitude to life and mind.We are so addicted to looking outside
Ourselves,that we have lost access to our being almost completely.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.