#803629 01/30/13 11:45 AM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Are you a scrapbooker starting with a ton of photos? This article offers help and ideas for storing and sorting all those photos.

Storing and Sorting Photos

Kathleen Rensel
Scrapbooking
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
lmm Offline
L
Kathleen, I am new to scrapbooking and found this article interesting. i have many very old family photos, and I am currenlty in teh process of sorting these, placing with photo mounts onto acid free card, and storing in sealed archival storage bags. When it comes time to do the family tree scrapbook pages, is it best to use copies of these old photos for the scrapbook pages, that way I have the original. I am also making digital copies of the front and the back that has been written on to pass on to other family members. Any other ideas out there on dealing with old photos and scrapbooking them would be greatly appreciated.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Great to hear from you, lmm! Thanks for reading my article.

It sounds like you are taking great care of your photos. It's always good to make a copy and store it safely (from possible water, fire, etc. damage.) Personally, I use copies, especially if I'm doing any cutting/cropping. I would also consider who might be viewing the book - will it stay on a shelf or will children be going through it someday? If you feel confident that the copies are safe, you could use the originals.

Another idea... when you get the digital copies, make a digital album! Then, no one is touching originals and you can make multiple copies, if needed.

Kathleen Rensel
Scrapbooking
L
lmm Offline
L
I plan on giving all of the family members a copy of the digital photos on a CD, that way they will never be lost. But what do you mean a digital album? As I said I am very new to all of this.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Sorry, I didn't see this until today. A digital album refers to layouts that are done digitally. Not JUST the photos, but the layouts also. It's very easy to get copies done of the entire album, if it is digital layouts. Some people also do color copies of their paper layouts - either way, you can have an electronic file then. Hope that helps!

Btw... I use a product by Close To My Heart, called Studio J. It's free to use, all online (no downloads) and no charge until you print.

Kathleen Rensel
Scrapbooking
L
lmm Offline
L
Thank you for this Kathleen. Is each lay out then kept in a folder. Maybe I will need to experiment with the product.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
I think it depends on the product. But you have the right idea!

Kathleen Rensel
Scrapbooking

Moderated by  M McVaney - Scrapbooking 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.