Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
minas, puumando, 2013, Geddingsm1992, Suzann
57212 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57212 Members
417 Forums
113002 Topics
801009 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 807
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 441
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 154
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 86
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 81
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Mona - Astronomy 39
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#802661 - 01/25/13 03:14 PM Job Interview - Terrified!
nola615 Offline

Hi everyone, Thanks to everyone here for their help this past month. I wanted to give an update that I have a final round interview for a job on Monday. The position would require re-locating, which the company will pay for. The position is also a "stretch" of my technical skills and the company will want to send my for training. As some of you know, I was extremely miserable in my last job. I cried several times a week, gained 40 pounds, saw a therapist about work, and had insomnia. Right now, my money is running out and I am going to have to use my retirement savings to support myself in Feb. So, that is why I am interviewing for another corporate job. The problem is, I am terrified that I will be miserable in the new job. I am terrified that they will hire me and I won't be able to do the job or learn the new skills adequately. I am terrified that I will have to work 60+ hours a week for 4-6 months in order to learn the new job. I am terrified that I will make mistakes on my work and then my boss will regret hiring me. I just feel like throwing up and crying all the time about going back to a corporate job. I really need to switch these thoughts and approach the situation from a place of gratitude. I need help.

Add Job Interview - Terrified! to Twitter Add Job Interview - Terrified! to Facebook Add Job Interview - Terrified! to MySpace Add Job Interview - Terrified! to Del.icio.us Digg Job Interview - Terrified! Add Job Interview - Terrified! to Yahoo My Web Add Job Interview - Terrified! to Google Bookmarks Add Job Interview - Terrified! to Stumbleupon Add Job Interview - Terrified! to Reddit
#803869 - 02/01/13 12:57 AM Re: Job Interview - Terrified! [Re: nola615]
Meredeth King Offline
Shark

Hi, Nola, I am so sorry to hear about that you cried and are terrified for so many things, I experienced this kind of things for about several months as well after my graduation, i need a job to raise myself so desperately at that time. I am terrific too, as a person who entered the society to start the real life decided by her own, there are always so many things to worried about, but sometimes you have to choose, you have to be brave to make the decision that you are terrific, it is a must you see. Once you stepped out, those worries would be minimized, you have to step out, then you'll find how brave, strong, competitive and excellent for you job you are about to deal with. All your worries can be settled down with you activities, all skills you are lack of can be learned through later-learning, you have to step out to break all your terrified feelings in fact.

Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Twitter Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Facebook Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to MySpace Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Job Interview - Terrified! Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Reddit
#803887 - 02/01/13 07:39 AM Re: Job Interview - Terrified! [Re: nola615]
nola615 Offline

Thanks, Meredeth for the really great advice. I truly appreciate it. I found out that the Company is going to make me an offer, pending a background check. The HR person indicated that the pay would be less than I am asking for. Plus, I will have to move to a more expensive area and try to rent out my house. This is all very scary. When I look at what places cost in the new city, I am very depressed at what I can afford.

Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Twitter Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Facebook Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to MySpace Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Job Interview - Terrified! Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Job Interview - Terrified! to Reddit

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:05 PM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 01:59 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 01:28 PM
Game - Vampire Names
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
Today at 09:46 AM
Job Titles Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Fiction Writing
Today at 09:30 AM
Road Trips Success with Young Kids
by Tiffiny - Family Travel
Family Travel
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Sorry about not posting for a while
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Pagan
Yesterday at 02:41 PM
Olay Pro-X- Advanced Cleansing System Review
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
Yesterday at 12:25 PM
The Gifts of ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 10:31 AM
7 Chaos Taming Strategies for ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 10:31 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Lisa - Buddhism), 127 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.