Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#802661 01/25/13 11:14 AM
N
nola615 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi everyone, Thanks to everyone here for their help this past month. I wanted to give an update that I have a final round interview for a job on Monday. The position would require re-locating, which the company will pay for. The position is also a "stretch" of my technical skills and the company will want to send my for training. As some of you know, I was extremely miserable in my last job. I cried several times a week, gained 40 pounds, saw a therapist about work, and had insomnia. Right now, my money is running out and I am going to have to use my retirement savings to support myself in Feb. So, that is why I am interviewing for another corporate job. The problem is, I am terrified that I will be miserable in the new job. I am terrified that they will hire me and I won't be able to do the job or learn the new skills adequately. I am terrified that I will have to work 60+ hours a week for 4-6 months in order to learn the new job. I am terrified that I will make mistakes on my work and then my boss will regret hiring me. I just feel like throwing up and crying all the time about going back to a corporate job. I really need to switch these thoughts and approach the situation from a place of gratitude. I need help.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Shark
Shark
M
Hi, Nola, I am so sorry to hear about that you cried and are terrified for so many things, I experienced this kind of things for about several months as well after my graduation, i need a job to raise myself so desperately at that time. I am terrific too, as a person who entered the society to start the real life decided by her own, there are always so many things to worried about, but sometimes you have to choose, you have to be brave to make the decision that you are terrific, it is a must you see. Once you stepped out, those worries would be minimized, you have to step out, then you'll find how brave, strong, competitive and excellent for you job you are about to deal with. All your worries can be settled down with you activities, all skills you are lack of can be learned through later-learning, you have to step out to break all your terrified feelings in fact.

Come to pandahall to get your fashionable jewelry.
N
nola615 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks, Meredeth for the really great advice. I truly appreciate it. I found out that the Company is going to make me an offer, pending a background check. The HR person indicated that the pay would be less than I am asking for. Plus, I will have to move to a more expensive area and try to rent out my house. This is all very scary. When I look at what places cost in the new city, I am very depressed at what I can afford.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.