Next Thread
Print Thread
#803649 01/30/13 04:26 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Not much appetite with this flu. Had my shake, an egg, a clementine, and now some edamame. What do you eat when you're sick?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Still flu-ey. Living on protein shakes, clementine oranges, lemon tea, and lots of Mio-flavored water. How are you guys doing?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Starting to feel a bit better, had my EAS protein shake for breakfast with my chewy orange vitamins. How are you guys doing?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Lisa, I make chicken soup with veg when I'm sick and as many days during the winter as I can. I chop in lettuce and parsley and chives and whatever other greens I have on hand. I like to add in a cup of frozen mixed veg just before eating.

I hope you feel all better soon!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I haven't been feeling well so I turn to things like chicken and stars soup. Which then makes me feel even more sluggish. I feel like crawling back in bed smile. How are you guys doing? Eating better than me I hope?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I haven't been feeling well either. Mine's on again - off again thing. I keep going back to the time I was treated for those bugz/mites...just a feeling.

But anyway, what I've been doing is, when I feel pretty decent I'll make just a giant pot of Vegetable soup. The kind with real veggies, V-8 and let it simmer.

Then all I have to do is muster up the energy to grab a bowl of that and it lasts all week.

Little by little AND with a multi-vitamin and Echinacea, I beat it and start adding crackers and build from there.

The Campbell's Chicken and Starz I actually like but add a little bit of real stock or bullion, salt if my throat is sore.

It doesn't really give me that boost though. I have those broth type soups when I've not been able to keep something down. That and a bit of club soda. Ginger ale is just too sweet for me.

Hope you're feeling better and even if you don't feel like it try to nibble on a carrot or cracker, even toast (just a piece).

My husband hasn't been feeling well either. It's just that time of year. Plus I have to remind him to "anti-bacterialize" his hands. He's much more in public than I am smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I'm recovering from a sinus infection, which seems to be my biggest weakness.

I'm sticking with clear broth soups containing plenty of chopped vegies.

Also, deep afternoon naps.

Lisa, Elleise and everyone - feel better soon!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I think I'm coming down with a cold. I went to an art gallery reception for an origami piece I created, and there were a number of kids there. Little germ factories smile.

I've had my EAS shake but am just not feeling well. Maybe chicken soup for lunch?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Well...

We're at least (miles apart) but pretty much in the same situation, as far as being sick sick.

I hate that, lol. There's like nothing my immune system can't crack, but THIS??? It's like a flu/"cold." and NONE of my home therapies, remedies work. SoOOooo....

I haven't been sick in decades (literally)! I've been or at least the immune system has decreased by at least 80% ( I do that via brokerage past/mutual funds, etc.).

However, I've come across things by going through it that DO in fact happen to work, but it's like you're so weak it can be hard to make the stuff over and over, so I make batches.

I don't know what or how to say (anymore) what's appropriate, but just to come out and say what I'M DOING...

Pee strips confused

Sorry if that's not PC (really sorry). But for like Urinary track and such - I can't remember the name of the paper. Test that (on your own) see where you stand.

Second, baking soda, in soups, drinks, etc, juices...I put just a tad to reduce acidity.

Eating? What I have limits appetite and unfortunately has issues elsewhere, so...Bananas and a simple piece of dry toast (I'm not big on antibiotics or shots) reason being, my body is a biological computer and like a chess game recognizes invasions.

The norm - vegetable soup, etc. depends, I've found on the acidity of the urine just by using my "Stuff." Lessens Dr. bills.

From there balancing that acidity helps greatly, along with some other elements.

Chicken soup may work for upset stomach, minus the carbs but with the salt.

After (I wish I could write articles like this, lol) that, seeing where the acidity in the urine is, go from there and move on to CRAVINGS. We have a "hardrive" in there somewhere that helps the good-guys beat the bad ones, AKA the VIRUSES!

After what I've been through and a 2 thousand dollar med bill - I can actually get information out to what helps and what doesn't do a thing!

One thing that pops into my mind is Steroid Injection...I had one when I had the rashes and boils, however, I also had head to toe bites which ate down to the bone (gross I know, but I'm still here). wink

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Susan!

Thank you...it means the world, you'll never know how much.

I hide my weaknesses rather than dwell. I turn negatives SOMEHOW into positives. It's not just me, but my husband as well.

If I were over 70 or so, frankly - I wouldn't be here. This thing invades every organ you've got.

Where I'm at?

Infected STEROIDS (but I have a Stellar Immune System) and infected "Mite" which have yet to be named and called everything from mental disorders, dry skin, Bed Bugs, Bat Bugs and every time someone throws a monetary figure out there for what I HAVE TO DO TO FIX IT AND SAY O.K> Well, it keeps getting higher and bringing in someone from something called CDC confused

Really?

Dr's, with those photos (which embarrassing as they are to post) would have tested Urine, Blood on that day and would have had an appropriate solution within the month....

Sorry to say, not so much. What we have now is One Size Fits All and here where I'm at?

They're doing an experiment with bonus monies going to establishments that treat you "QUICKLY and EFFECTIVELY at the minimum."

In short? Give you a cream or shot and out you go. Suffer consequence later (which BTW - at least for me, I am but able to share my experience with others so it DOESN'T have to happen TO YOU).

I would do that for those I love. That's just all there is. And I happen to still know and understand just what LOVE, HOPE, and COURAGE happens to be regardless what happens to me wink

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.