Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
DrdubbleG, mandyjones, Nicola x, Pure Bliss Handbags, LegacyPoetry
57154 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57154 Members
417 Forums
112904 Topics
799230 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 743
Beetlemess 547
Nancy Roussy 226
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 114
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 104
Mystic - Romance Movies 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 67
Dianne W - Editor 64
Karm - SW USA Editor 56
Tracy - Philosophy 56
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#789986 - 10/29/12 04:28 AM Tips for Falling Asleep
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

I've put together this list of tips for falling asleep. Which of these work for you? Do you have other tips to add in?

* keep the room cool

* take a hot shower / bath beforehand. It then makes the room seem cool.

* eliminate allergens / get a fresh pillowcase. I have to be sure to wash them with non-allergenic / non-bleach detergent to sleep best. I switch out the pillowcase even when I'm not ready to switch sheets.

* white noise helps. I run an air filter in my bedroom. Some people have apps on their phones that have a wealth of noises to choose from.

* make it *really* dark or wear an eye mask. I have double shades on my windows, and curtains too. I also cover up or turn off any glowing plugs or clocks. I keep my watch by my bed which is push-button to light up, if I need to know the time.

* avoid caffeine / chocolate / alcohol beforehand

* avoid glowy devices & TV for an hour beforehand. Light on your eyes causes melatonin not to be produced, because your brain thinks it's still daytime. So your brain needs that dark to start preparing for sleep.

* lavender as a scent can help bring on sleepiness

* chamomile tea is also known to help here

* keep a journal by your bed, with a glowing-pen. This way you can write without turning on a bright light. Here's an example if you haven't seen one -

glowy pen

This way if you have a thought that's stuck in your head, you write it down and then promise yourself "I'll deal with it when I wake up". Any time the thought circles back again, promise yourself you'll deal with it later. This is a training process. The more you do it, the more it works. So don't be frustrated if it doesn't work the first time, or second, or tenth. Keep at it. The training is key, and it does get better over time.

* exercise. I know we can sometimes tend to avoid exercise. But it really does help the body sleep MUCH more easily. Find something you love to do. Dance with your Wii. Go for a lovely walk in nature. Play with your pets. The more you do it, the better you'll sleep.

* remove stress from your life.

Edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames (10/29/12 05:43 AM)

Add Tips for Falling Asleep to Twitter Add Tips for Falling Asleep to Facebook Add Tips for Falling Asleep to MySpace Add Tips for Falling Asleep to Del.icio.us Digg Tips for Falling Asleep Add Tips for Falling Asleep to Yahoo My Web Add Tips for Falling Asleep to Google Bookmarks Add Tips for Falling Asleep to Stumbleupon Add Tips for Falling Asleep to Reddit
#789993 - 10/29/12 05:02 AM Re: Tips for Falling Asleep [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tina - Living Simply Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Bay Area, California
For the last 3 weeks I've done a series of 3 on how to get a better night's sleep. Here they are:

How to Get a Good Night�s Sleep
What to Do at Night in Order to Sleep Well
Have a good evening routine before you fall asleep

WireFreeBra.com

Living Simply-Improve Your Life with Less Clutter Book

Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Twitter Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Facebook Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to MySpace Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tips for Falling Asleep Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Reddit
#789998 - 10/29/12 05:45 AM Re: Tips for Falling Asleep [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Dear Tina -

Those are great tips! We do have a soft nightlight in the bathroom.

The "early bedtime" is of course a varying thing - we all work different hours, so early for one person is late for another person smile.

Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Twitter Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Facebook Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to MySpace Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tips for Falling Asleep Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tips for Falling Asleep to Reddit
#790143 - 10/30/12 03:44 AM Re: Tips for Falling Asleep [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

We do also have a 39 page free ebook available for everyone, on Secrets to Falling Asleep! It covers a lot of what I posted here -

Secrets to Falling Asleep

#795314 - 12/05/12 11:20 PM Re: Tips for Falling Asleep [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Carolyn Golden Offline

You just posted some great tips. I have a white noise machine and it really helps. My brain seems to focus in on that noise so nothing else bothers me! And I have to sleep in a cool room - I like to keep the fan on low even in the winter. Anyhow, thanks for the other tips - I think I have not been sleeping as well when my daughter turns on her nightlight because I like it dark! Guess it is time for the facemask!

#796254 - 12/16/12 06:00 PM Re: Tips for Falling Asleep [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Carolyn -

I agree that my white noise machine definitely helps me sleep. It mutes out all those "sharp" noises that might have otherwise woken me up.

#799838 - 01/10/13 03:28 AM Re: Tips for Falling Asleep [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Meredeth King Offline
Shark

Nice post, then I have some asleep problem, Thanks for sharing, I would have a try on your tips!! Thanks again! :)

#800884 - 01/16/13 06:49 AM Re: Tips for Falling Asleep [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Smear Offline

Loc: Delaware
I had sleeping problem for long time and thus trying to adopt such tips to help my sleep so hope for the best.

#803208 - 01/28/13 05:18 PM Re: Tips for Falling Asleep [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

It also helps to think thoughts of gratitude as you lay in bed. That way your mind focuses on the pleasant, helpful things in your life.

#806043 - 02/14/13 09:44 AM Re: Tips for Falling Asleep [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
djesse Offline

Very interesting tips. One thing I always consider so that I can fall asleep or sleep well is indeed to have cool room having an air conditioner is not necessary as long as the air can circulate, it is okay. My sleep can be disturb especially if I feel the room gets warmer. sometimes, I love to sleep while listening to music especially the mellow ones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  DebbieMandel 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
Today at 03:39 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 03:38 PM
Job Charts - Reward Systems
by Lisa - Moms
Moms
Today at 02:54 PM
If I didn't remind him every day, my son would….
by Lisa - Moms
Moms
Today at 02:53 PM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 02:27 PM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 02:26 PM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 02:24 PM
New Reviews - LGBT Romance Novels
by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
Romance Novels
Today at 02:24 PM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 02:21 PM
Romance Movie Titles Game
by Beetlemess
Romance Movies
Today at 01:51 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 62 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.