Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
riham, Ericaellyson12, Alicecici, onefabulousof, nicpill
57398 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57399 Members
417 Forums
113440 Topics
805392 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 667
Beetlemess 265
Jana - Creativity Editor 171
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 163
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 77
Nancy Roussy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 42
Sandra Investing/HFinance 34
Dianne W - Editor 32
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#799773 - 01/09/13 09:10 AM Where Do You Do Yoga?
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Here's a photo I took this morning of where I am doing yoga right now - in my kitchen, facing my back yard feeder.

It's a tight fit, and it shows anybody can do yoga anywhere as long as the mat fits! I have to move my kitchen table chair away when I do my routine, since it would be right where the mat is.

There's a kitchen counter immediately off-photo to the right.

Add Where Do You Do Yoga? to Twitter Add Where Do You Do Yoga? to Facebook Add Where Do You Do Yoga? to MySpace Add Where Do You Do Yoga? to Del.icio.us Digg Where Do You Do Yoga? Add Where Do You Do Yoga? to Yahoo My Web Add Where Do You Do Yoga? to Google Bookmarks Add Where Do You Do Yoga? to Stumbleupon Add Where Do You Do Yoga? to Reddit
#799774 - 01/09/13 09:10 AM Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I'd love to see you guys post photos of where you are doing yoga!

Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Twitter Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Facebook Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to MySpace Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Reddit
#799919 - 01/10/13 07:47 AM Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi Lisa, Its great to see where you do your yoga. It always sounds so lovely when you describe the view you have and the birds. I shall endeavour to put a photo of my space on here - you may need to bear with me smile

Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Twitter Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Facebook Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to MySpace Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? to Reddit
#800050 - 01/11/13 02:46 AM Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
narrawallee Offline

Loc: Australia, Batehaven
I have never done yoga.... where do I start?

#800056 - 01/11/13 03:05 AM Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

@Lisa, I do yoga at a local studio. I can't seem to motivate solo...need a group and a fearless leader! :-)

@Narrawallee, Check out a local yoga studio and see if they offer beginners yoga or yoga 101 classes to start. You will love it. You stretch and move your body in ways that help you feel better physically and mentally.
Mental Health Facebook Page

#800218 - 01/11/13 11:47 AM Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi Narrawallee good to hear you are interested in learning yoga. I'm the Yoga editor here on BellaOnline - if you click the link under my name it will take you to my site. There is lots of information about how to start, how to do postures, sticking with your practice and lots more.

Dr Ilyssa's advice to find a class is a really good place to start. If you're nervous about going to a class then a yoga dvd that you can do at home is also a way forward. Having a teacher is very beneficial so they can tell you if you are doing the posture correctly and advise on specific exercises for you.

Good luck starting your practice. Don't forget we're all here and can support you through the forum and the articles posted each week smile

#803206 - 01/28/13 12:14 PM Re: Where Do You Do Yoga? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

When I started yoga I began with DVDs so I could figure out the basic moves on my own, at my own pace. That way when I then went to class I had a basic idea of what was going on and could try to follow along. We're all different, so different techniques work for different people!

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
1 minute 32 seconds ago
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
3 minutes 21 seconds ago
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
6 minutes 23 seconds ago
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
11 minutes 6 seconds ago
What Yoga did you Do Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Yoga
22 minutes 46 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 08:37 AM
Dealing with Busy and Drowsy Mind in Meditation
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Today at 07:48 AM
Buddhist Perspectives on Gratitude
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Today at 07:37 AM
Better Nutrition Helps ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 05:04 AM
The Gifts of ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 05:02 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Nancy Roussy), 119 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.