Print Thread
Page 43 of 95 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 94 95
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Good job, Jilly! The garden looks pretty...all weeded out and bright with flowers.

Phyllis.....Granpappy was the only one who joined me for breakfast, but he behaved himself. Seems that he couldn't get enough of those pancakes. He sure loves blueberries. He put down quite a bit of sausage and bacon, too, and almost an entire pot of coffee. That old coot knows how to tank up for the day!

What's everybody doing today? I am off to visit a nice old gentleman who is in the hospital. We are hoping he makes a full recovery and we are bringing our best Father's Day wishes. I will try to make it back later to relax on the porch swing and chat with you all.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
I went out early this morning for a little hike on the mountain. It sure smells smoky up there. There seems to be just as many rabbits and squirrels as ever, but their hidden homes are no longer hidden with all the sage and other brush gone.

Debbie, I hope your elderly gentleman friend is doing ok.

Did anyone see Jilly's write-up in the Frugal forum, about the WonderWash? I want to get one of those for myself. It saves a lot of water and uses no electricity and washes up to 5 pounds of clothes. It is a very good product according to reviews. It would be a great thing to take camping. I bet Beetle has one, or something like it. He goes camping a lot.

Last edited by PhyllisFolkMythAppalachia; 06/17/12 11:31 AM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Phyllis, your adorable froggie abode reminded me of my Frugal Garden Frogs thread. I'd love to see your photos there if you have the time. smile

And you even have a froggie living at yours! So cute.

I gave up on the frog house idea for my place. It's too hot, too dry, and the cats love to kill anything that moves. I'd be inviting the amphibians to their own worst nightmare. frown

Last edited by Jilly; 06/17/12 11:04 PM.
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Phyllis.....my friend is doing better but it is a long road to recovery for someone in their late 80's after major surgery. One day at a time, but it was nice to bring a little good cheer to him today.

I got in quite late tonight so I will bid you all a good night. See you on the front porch again very soon.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Good night, debbie! You are so nice for comforting your friend. I hope he takes the time to rest up well and good.

Phyllis, thanks for the wonderwash thread mention. I think I am in love with it. I'll be writing up my review soon and will let you guys know all about it.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Jilly.....my older friend is more like family to me, and he is doing the best he can with a tough recovery process to get through. I think he enjoyed the visit yesterday. Thank you, to you and to Phyllis for being concerned.

It is a very nice day with the sun shining. I hope everyone is having a good morning. I am off for a bit of breakfast. I might just heat up a few of the leftover pancakes that Granpappy didn't eat.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Nope - No wonderwash here. Have used the 5-gallon bucket & plunger method when established at a base camp. Simple hand washing suffices when only out for no more than a couple weeks. <seems to be the longest they let me out of the office>

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
OP Offline
Hi Beetle, I guess the old bucket & plunger method is popular among campers. My Mom used to do that, too. With seven kids on a camping trip she had to have a way to clean the clothes. It did not work too well on us kids, though -- she just tossed us in the creek. hahahaha

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Thanks, Jilly. I look forward to reading your review on the WonderWash. smile

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Pooch on the Porch:

My old hound dog is not much into chasing foxes and weasels anymore. He just likes to laze around on the porch and watch the other hounds run around.

Sometimes I let him into my kitchen to lay by the stove when I have it fired up for baking -- like today. I am making Oatmeal cookies with raisins, peanuts, chocolate chips and dates. Granpappy loves these jumbo cookies.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 43 of 95 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.