Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
ecella, Salume Kh, Badnezzahmi, vincischool, christylynn81
57219 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57219 Members
417 Forums
113036 Topics
801352 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 911
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 472
Beetlemess 325
Nancy Roussy 142
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 70
Sandra Investing/HFinance 50
Susan - Meditation Editor 43
Mona - Astronomy 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 58 of 64 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 63 64 >
Topic Options
#800906 - 01/16/13 10:07 AM Re: Back Porch Folk [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Now, why would a 12-inch 33-1/3 rpm LP vinyl album want to duke it out with a collective bunch of flakes? Or even a 45-rpm single, for that matter?

Get it??? Record - Fight - Snowball ... I figured you read right through me.

Granpappy, we need to improve our winter camouflage, we were spotted getting in some advance practice for the upcoming Town Snowball... Whoa, ain't that suppose to be a shindig over at the County Grange? You been setting me up for trouble again.

Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Twitter Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Facebook Add Re: Back Porch Folk to MySpace Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Back Porch Folk Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Stumbleupon Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Reddit
#800907 - 01/16/13 10:23 AM Re: Back Porch Folk [Re: Beetlemess]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Granpappy likes trouble and has no problem finding it.

Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Twitter Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Facebook Add Re: Back Porch Folk to MySpace Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Back Porch Folk Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Stumbleupon Add Re: Back Porch Folk to Reddit
#802863 - 01/27/13 01:21 AM Re: Back Porch Folk [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline

Loc: Reno, NV
Awww! Granpappy is just a fun-loving ol' guy. He has a good heart and you are his best buddy, Beetle -- always there for him.

#802864 - 01/27/13 01:29 AM Re: Back Porch Folk [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Awww! Granpappy is just a fun-loving ol' guy, Debbie. He has a good heart under all that mischievous facade.

You are his best buddy, Beetle -- always there for him. Without you, Granpappy would just sit on the porch and snooze all day.

#802866 - 01/27/13 01:37 AM Re: Back Porch Folk [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Winter here in Washoe Valley has been fairly mild so far. We got a little snow that is still lingering in shady spots because the nights are so cold. Days have been clear and sunny for about a week now, with almost spring-like weather in the afternoons. It makes for pleasant walking time.

The jack rabbits came out yesterday, so many of them, running all over the little mountain. That was the first time I have seen them in a few months.

#802924 - 01/27/13 03:58 PM Re: Back Porch Folk [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I do have a soft spot for Granpappy. I know he means no harm, but he does like his mischief.

It has been quite cold here with a little snow now and then. The cold seems to be getting into my bones now and I long for spring warmth and the ability to sit outside and enjoy nature without being cold.

#803021 - 01/28/13 09:02 AM Re: Back Porch Folk [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

Hey, Granpappy, you up for a little hockey practice down on the pond? Just brooms & a brick will suffice - don't even need skates cuz we'd be a slippin' & slidin' anyway.

#803027 - 01/28/13 09:18 AM Re: Back Porch Folk [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Now that sounds like fun! I am thinking it will get a little too rough for me, so, I will sit on the sidelines with cinnamon rolls and hot coffee for break time.

Mornin', Beetle. smile

#803035 - 01/28/13 09:35 AM Re: Back Porch Folk [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

Jus' as long as Granpappy does try to drink hot coffee on the pond. He's apt to spill it & cause the ice to start thawing.

Whoa - an overdone cinnamon roll could make a nice puck; or just leave exposed to the cold & a frozen one could be used.

#803061 - 01/28/13 10:06 AM Re: Back Porch Folk [Re: Beetlemess]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

What a great idea, Beetle.

Phyllis....let's leave out one of them cinnamon rolls to freeze for the men. With it being lighter in weight, it will be sure to fly around the ice much easier than a brick will. That means a much better show for us on the sidelines!

Page 58 of 64 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 63 64 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Planning for your annual Halloween BOO-ffet
by Karen - Quick Cook Ed
Quick Cooking
58 seconds ago
what is a good brand for my daughter?
by dion90
Women's Fashion
3 minutes 10 seconds ago
Astrophotographer of the Year 2014
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
11 minutes 36 seconds ago
Halloween Reads
by Karen-Suspense/Thrillers
Suspense Thriller Books
39 minutes 22 seconds ago
Feedback on a few pieces
by ecella
Jewelry Making
56 minutes 6 seconds ago
Game - Vampire Names
by Rosie 66
Creativity
Today at 04:54 PM
New Post - Seamus Heaney
by Bee - IrishCulture
Irish Culture
Today at 04:16 PM
Forum Rules - Be Tolerant of Other Paths
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Wicca
Today at 03:34 PM
International Neuromuscular Disease Organizations
by Jori-ND Editor
Neuromuscular Diseases
Today at 02:43 PM
Master Chef
by Nancy Roussy
Reality TV
Today at 02:31 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Karen - Quick Cook Ed), 151 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.