Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
If Shell Oil says they have a plan; why should people question it?

Read Further: Is an Oil Spill in the Arctic a Big Deal?

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Petitions one and three are closed. I cannot sign petition fourteen. Petitions two, thirteen and fifteen signed. Thanks Deb!

Koala
Koala
To Deb,

You wrote:The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

I do not beleive humankind is evoluting.It has been regressing for 200 years.All that counts is that black substance,called oil.
Oh and all the money that goes with it.

Every sentient being should be protected against humans.
In the movie MATRIX Agent Smith calls the humans the VIRUS of the planet.He is right on,

Thank you
loong

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Loongdragon,

I appreciate your frustration and understand your comment in the tone of sarcasm. If I might, I would like to offer up a productive perspective for your consideration.

When we allow devolved thought processes to irritate us to the point of surrender, negativity sets into us, and consequently devolves our position of critical thinking and reason. Why on Earth would we grant such a power to those perceived as unenlightened or self-oriented?

If the greedy have the ability to constantly push for what they want. We certainly have the power to push for what is needed.

This is not to say that I believe people should live life with their heads in the clouds, as I believe that is what caused most of troubles we face. It is to say that positive thinking and productive approaches can combat negative elements. Our voices are powerful tools. We just have to choose to use them thus.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
Koala
Koala
Dear Deb,

You find my comments negative!Who destroys everywhere he goes ,man.Reality is.
Ghandi said ,if you want to change the Universe,start by changing yours.I should have compassion for those who destroy our planet.That is what I do. have compassion for the humans.

loong

Koala
Koala
Dear Deb,
Can you cite Your positive thoughts on the situation.Also your positive approaches ,to this problem.Not being sarcastic.Sarcasme is for those who lack self esteem,which is not my case.

With respect
loong

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Hi Loong,

I see that you have positive intent, which is why I suggest dialing the perspective. I do not disagree with your points, humans have the power of great destruction. However, if we look at life in terms of balance, then logically, if we are capable of great negative, so too are we capable of great positive.

Let me see if I can walk you through the point I am attempting to make. You stated that you do not believe humans are evolving. While this is an astute observation, it is a message that conveys negative resolution. When we approach a subject in this tone is reflects a finality to our purpose and outcome - it is a finite approach with a futile result.

If we come from the perspective that humans are equally capable of contributing to the world in a positive manner, point out what needs to change, and provide suggestions on how to change it, then it helps abate the negative and opens up the world of possibility - it is infinite, or without end. This allows people to embrace accountability and seek greater awareness on how humans affect other factions of life - animals, ecosystem, and planet.

If you ruminate on my words, I believe you will conclude that a negative approach is essentially coming at an issue from a closed mind perspective. However, if we tackle issues from a positive approach we are effectively opening up people's minds to critical thinking, which brings into the fold hope and change.

So, rather than saying people have grown dumber over the course of the past 200 years, we could say that the evolution of our critical thinking skills have been sidetracked by the concept of greed. Then go on to point out how this distraction has affected the way in which we act towards the concept of life, which affords us the opportunity to suggest corrective actions to better maintain balance of our priorities.

Let me know your thoughts.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
Koala
Koala
Dear Lori,

Reread my first post and It confirmed that I did not say humans
are becoming dumber.I wrote they were regressing.
I was once banned by Lisa Shea for my let us say arguments with others,this club not being one for arguements.

When I came back ,I was advised very specificly not to debate with anyone.Already have had a warning.
May I end by saying ,that I prefer animals,trees to humans.

loong

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Loong,

I appreciate your sharing your insight. I do not believe you are acting in a negative manner. I rather appreciate the perspectives you bring into the forum. Please do not receive my words as criticism, for they are most assuredly not meant in that context.

If you do not find my added perspective to bring value to your line of thinking, so be it. To each their own. I sense that you are a person who genuinely cares about the welfare of animals and the stability of the planet. I have quite a lot of respect for such a mentality. My words are meant to potentially open doorways of logic and thought, and I assume that is the intent of your words, as well.

I hope this better explains my words, and I surely meant no offense by paraphrasing your sentiment, it was merely used as a tool of example. I continue to look forward to your insights and thank you for your participation in the Animal Life forum.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
Koala
Koala
Dear Deb,

The % of human beings wanting change in a positive way is so small.There are many groups wanting change.However all these groups are peaceful.These are the humans I appreciate.

As for the sentient beings,I let a moskito suck my blood.
I used to be very aggressive.The Realm I live in we are extremely
conscient of the Sentient beings.

Loong the learner

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.