Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none

Do you know how long it takes me to reach my teacher/master?
...................ONE THOUGHT................

Inspired by a passage in the book.

loong

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all and none,
Presently reading the book on bardos ,that ,I believe compliments the
TIBETAN BOOK OF LIVING AND DYING, am reading a passage on what
happens when your body starts decomposing.
It is a long text,but a text that secures you when you read the various happenings.

Like my Teacher had told me,wonderful things happen.Regarding,karma,supreme joy,
Ignorance and delusion will cease, and during that part there are 3different ways of
Obtaining enlightenment.

Enough for today.

May you find your Buddha inside of you

Simply ,loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

I have been living in death research for about 4 months now.
I will take a little time off from this subject,to help me rebuild my intellectual strength.
It will be a short recess.

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none.

It has been a while. Today we will be sharing ,The 3 methods of meditation.

I will not write the full description of the 3 methods,it would take too L.ong and too much space.

So here is the text written by S.Rinpoche.

THREE METHODS OF MEDITATION.

The Buddha taught 84,000 ways to tame and pacify the negative emotions,and in Buddhism there are countless methods of meditation.I have found three meditation techniques that are particularly effective in the modern world and that anyone can practice and benefit from.
They are,using an object,reciting a mantra,and watching the breath.

Loong,comment:my favorite is mantras.They have the ability to bring me back in Mind's land .This will be all for now.
I will finish reading the details of each method.

With Respect,
Loong,the messenger

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Today we will be speaking of the bardo of death.Since the process that unfolds in the
Bardosof death is embedded in the depths of our mind,it manifests in life also at many levels.There is for example,a vivid correspondance between the degrees in subtlety of consciousness we move through in sleep and dream,and the three bardos associated with death:
.Going to sleep is similar to the bardo of dying,where the elements and thought process dissolve,opening into the experience of the Ground Luminosity.
. Dreaming is akin to the bardo of becoming,the intermediate state where you have a clairvoyant and highly mobile :mental body : that goes through all kinds of experiences.In the dream state too we have a similar kinfd of body,thedream body,in which we undergo all the experiences of dream life.
. In between the bardo of dying and the bardo of becoming is a very special state of luminosity or Clear Light called,as ,I have said,the :bardo of dharmatha:.This is an
experience that occurs for everyone,but there are many few that can even notice it,let
alone experienceit completely,as it can only be recognizedby a trained practicionner.This bardo of dharmata corresponds to the period after falling asleep and before dreams begin.
SOGYAL RINPOCHE.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Today ,we enter chapter 9 The Spiritual Path

All the spiritual teachers of humanity have told us the same thing, that the purpose of life on earth is to achieve union with our fundamental ,enlightened nature.The "task" for which the "king" has sent us into this strange ,dark, country is to realize and embody our true being.There is only one way to do
this,and that is to undertake the spiritual journey, with all the ardor and intelligence and courage and resolve for transformation that we can muster.

Sogyal Rinpoche

loong.the messenger

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Text by Sogyal Rinpoche.

As Death says to Nachiketas in the Katha Upanishad.

There is the path of wisdom and the path of ignorance.They are far apart and lead to different ends.... Abiding in the midst of ignorance,thinking themselves wise and learned,folls go aimlessly hither and thither like the blind leadind the blind.What lies beyond life shines not to those who are childish or careless,or deluded by wealth.

loong the messenger

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none
During the Chikai
Bardo there are 3 different possibilities for attaining enlightenment according to your superior,mediocre or inferior capabilities.If you have superior ability through
Meditation practice,you will realize that death and life are both created by the mind.If youare able to recognize that both are illusions,you will understand the nature of your
Mind,and achive liberation.Mind itself is emptiness.A person of the superior stte will come to the conclusion that happiness,unhappiness,death,birth,good,bad,and all such things ppartake in this emptiness and ae mere creations of th Mind.If you are able to recognize this,you can gain Enlightenment.

Text taken from the book of bardos ,by Venerable Lama Lodo.

Loong the messenger.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

In appendix two Questions About Death.
Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche said:
To use life support mechanisms when a person has no chance of recovery is pointless.It is far better to let them die naturally in a peaceful atmosphere and perform positive actions on their behalf.When the life - support machinery is in place ,but there is no hope,it is not a crime ,to stop it,since there is no way in which the person can survive,and YOU are only holding onto THEIR life artificially.

loong the Messenger

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

As our mind is so light,mobile and vulnerable in the bardo,whatever thoughts arise, good or bad ,have tremendous power of influence.Without a physical body to ground us,thoughts actually become reality.Imagine the sharp grief and anger we might feel on seeing a funeral service performed carelessly on our behalf,or greedy relatives squabbling over our possessions,or friends we loved deeply,and thought had loved us,talking about us in a sneering or hurtful or simply conscending way. Such a situation could ve very dangerous, because our reaction,in its violence,could drive us directly toward an unfortunate rebirth.
Text by SOGYAL RINPOCHE

loong the messenger.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.