Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Recently my posts were on impermanence,viewed the spiritual way.Here is a
Passage on iimpermanence viewed by scientists:

Every subatomic interaction consists of the annihilation of the original particles and
The CREATIONof new subatomic particles.The sub-atomic world is a continual dance of creation and annihilation,of mass changing into energy and energy changing
Into mass.Transient forms sparkle in and out of existence,creating a never-ending,for
ever newly created reality

Loong.'s comment.:What I see in this text is confirmation of 3things:
1-impermanence
2-samsara
3-the non-necessity of a creator god.

Loong messenger

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Every page of the book is yellow by the ligning with a marker.
I will try to quote,whatmay seem more important.
Can't quote the 400 pages book.

Respectfully yours

loong the Messenger

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none
This is a poem showing how to change your lifestyle,habits,cravings attachment.

1-Iwalk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
IFALL fall in.
I am lost...I am hopeless
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

2-I walk the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I'm in the same place.
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

3-Iwalk down the same street .
IFALL see it it's there.
I still fall in ...it's a habit
My eyes are open
I know where Iam
It is my fault.
I get out immediatly.

4-Iwalk down the same street.
IFALL walk around it.

5-I WALK DOWN ANOTHER STREET?

This is agreat very simple poem,

Hope you enjoy it as I did

Loong the messanger

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none ,
Tibetan Buddhists believe that illnesses like cancer can be a warning,to remind us that we have been neglecting deep aspects of our being ,such as our spiritual needs
If we take this warning seriously and change fundamentally the direction of our lives
there is a very real hope for healing not only our body but our own being.

SOGYAL RINPOCHE

LOONG THE MESSANGER

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Contemplating Impermanence on it's own is not enough:You have to work with it in your life.Just as medical studies require both theory and practice.so does life ;and in life the pratical trainingis here,is now,in the labotory of change.As changes occur
they will still go arisingjust as they did before,something in us will be different.
The whole situation will now be more relaxed,less intense and painful;even the impact of the changes we go through we find less shocking.

With each successive change,we realize a little bit more,and our view of living becomes drrper and more spacious.

Sogyal Rimpoche

loong the messenger

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Superb text by Sogyal Rinpoche

HOW THEN CAN WE WORK TO OVERCOME ATTACHMENT?
Only by realizing it's impermanent nature;this realization slowly releases us from it's grip.We come to glimpse what the masters say the true attitude toward change can be:as if we were the sky looking at the clouds go by,or as free as mercury.When
mercury is dropped on the ground its very nature is to remain intact;it never mixes with the dust.As we try to follow the master's advice and are slowly released from attachment,a great compassion is released in us.The clouds of grasping part and disperse,and the sun of our true compassionate heart shines out.
It is then that we begin ,in our deepest self,to taste the eluthing truth of these words by William Blake:
He who binds to himself a joy,
Does the winged life destroy;
He who kisses the Joy as it flies,
Lives in Eternity's sunrise.

loong the messenger

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none
Text by S.Rinpoche

Although we have been made to believe that if we let go we will end up with nothing,
life reveals again and again the opposiite:that letting go is the path to real freedom.

Loong the messenger

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: loongdragon
To all or none
Text by S.Rinpoche

Although we have been made to believe that if we let go we will end up with nothing,
life reveals again and again the opposiite:that letting go is the path to real freedom.

Loong the messenger

I love this one. So often I do find that the ideas of letting go and 'emptiness' leave people upset when they first come upon Buddhism. It sounds desolate or something. But it's so true as we begin to let go, especially of our own internal baggage, what joy can arise.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Nothing has any inherent existence of its own when you really look at it,and this
absence of independant existence is what we call:emptiness:.Think of a tree.When you thinkof a tree you tend to to think of a Distincly defined object;and on a certain level ,like the wave,it is .But when you look more closely at the tree, you will see that ultimately it has no independant existence.When you contemplate it,you will find that it dissolves into an xtremely subtle net of relationships,that stretches across the Universe.T he rain that falls on its leaves,the wind that sways it,the soil that nourishes and sustains it,all the seasons and the weather,moonlight and starlight and sunlight
All form part of this tree.As you begin to think about the tree more and more,youu will discover that everything in the Universe helps to make the tree what it is;that it cannot at any moment be isolated from anything else;

And that at every moment,it's nature is subtly changing.This is what we mean when
we say things are Empty,that they have no independant existence.

Text by S.Rinpoche

Loong's comment.This show that whatever exists may it be a theif an honest man,
everyone and everything,are parts of the whole.

With Metta
Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Today I had to choose between 3 texts.The one I chose,this the ending of the chapter on impermanence .

Gradually'then , we become aware in ourselves of the calm and sky-like Milaripa calls the deathless and unending na-ture of mind.And as this new awareness begins to
become vividand almost unbroken,there occurs what the Upanishads call ( a turning
about in the seat of conciousness),a personal,utterly non-conceptual revelation of what We are.....why we are here,and how we should act,which amounts in the end
to nothing less than a new life,a new birth,,almost,you could say a ,a resurrection.

What a beautiful and what a healing mystery it is that from contemplating,continually
and fearlesly, the truth of change and impermanence,we come slowly to find ourselves face to face,in gratitude and joy,with the truth of the changeless,with the truth of the deathless,unending nature of mind!

TextS.Rinpoche

Loong the learner

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.