Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
jazmine, essentialoiladvocate, Steven Plaisted, mariechin1234, yirecipes
57476 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57477 Members
417 Forums
113621 Topics
806849 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 387
Nancy Roussy 213
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 67
Mona - Astronomy 59
Jana - Creativity Editor 53
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 39
Susan - Meditation Editor 36
mary-tea1 17
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 9 of 35 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#801913 - 01/21/13 07:17 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
91-Equanimity,by Banthe:Comments:
Non-involved and even Equanimity is a subtle form of happiness... By stabilization
it perfects and consummates all the other six links to awakening: Awareness,
Investigation, Energy, Joy, Tranquillity and Concentration. Equanimity is proximate
cause for knowing and seeing it, as it really is. Equanimity quenches any agitation!
When seeing and noting: 'All this is constructed, conditioned, coarse and transient!
But this state of serene equanimity is indeed exquisitely peaceful...', then instantly
ceases any arisen agreeable or nasty feeling, when Equanimity takes its stance...!

Loong's comment:To me Equanimity is the capacity of seeing things as they REALLY ARE.

Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Twitter Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Facebook Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to MySpace Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Agora of Buddhism Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Reddit
#802202 - 01/23/13 06:46 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

92- Sometimes,old habits die hard.Detachment of these necessitates more work than others.Mara is a conning ennemy.

Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Twitter Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Facebook Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to MySpace Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Agora of Buddhism Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Reddit
#802294 - 01/23/13 11:26 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
93 - "Only with the heart [can one] see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
This is not from a Buddhist text, but from The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupéry. I was reminded recently how true this is, and how the path of opening the heart is never done. We can always be surprised by the forces in us that rise up to try and stop it, out of fear or self-righteousness. Letting go and opening the heart is truly the path.
Blog: Mommy Mystic

#802320 - 01/23/13 06:13 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

94= At 11.15 where I live it is outside -33 degrees not counting the chill factor.No suntan needed for tomorrow supposed to be much warmer -28......

#802337 - 01/24/13 03:14 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

95- Signs of the times.

minus 33 degrees outside,and a couple are doing all the recycling
bins for empty cans.I was looking outside the man was coming out of the uncyclable container stealing a bag .

#802492 - 01/24/13 04:17 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

96-The only thing we really have is nowness,is now.

#803279 - 01/29/13 03:49 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

97- Met an ex work friend yesterday.He is a complete atheist.
I was not trying to sell him any ideas.He kept coming up with citations from other atheists.So at one point ,I cut the conversation monologue and left him.
I found myself lucky to live what I am living now.
Yesterday on the "Bones" show,there were people preparing a person to die The Tibetan way.The researcher did not do his job well.The man in charge kept saying :Oh my god:
Bones,said if she died would like her body dismembered and left
on top of a mountain,for the birds and animals to feed.That is sometimes done in the Tibetan region.

#804144 - 02/02/13 01:32 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

98-My favorite words in Buddhism,are;Mind,Mindfulness,Impermanence,Samsara,a little more exotic ,Equanimity,--Then there is rebirth attachment,cravings,fetters,mara,Noble eighfold path,Enlightenment.If you know what each of these words mean you know what buddhism is about.

#804191 - 02/03/13 07:05 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
99 - And compassion.
Blog: Mommy Mystic

#804297 - 02/04/13 04:44 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

100- Metta

Page 9 of 35 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  Lisa - Buddhism 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Christmas in the skies
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
50 minutes 2 seconds ago
Canada to allow prison tattoos to reduce disease
by Nancy Roussy
Body Art
Today at 12:29 PM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:57 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:56 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 09:51 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 09:49 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 09:18 AM
What's your HTML comfort level?
by Mona - Astronomy
HTML
Today at 06:59 AM
Do you text message or email more than you talk?
by Mia Silky
Computer Networks
Today at 06:37 AM
A wish for everyone.
by Angie
Christian Living
Today at 05:01 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.