Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bertinglebra, ostabest, spoodle22, KaylaWa, Marie Stroman
57465 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57465 Members
417 Forums
113603 Topics
806752 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 438
Nancy Roussy 225
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 114
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 65
Jana - Creativity Editor 62
Mona - Astronomy 57
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 39
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 19
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#802311 - 01/23/13 04:44 PM Never scrapbooked before.....
Brandi - Hair Editor Offline

I have never scrapbooked before and I have a million pictures sitting in a box. How would you tackle this so that it does not seen overwhelming. I have been wanting to do this for years and years and years. (I probably could add a couple more years in there.) I pull everything out, look at the pictures and then, put it all back. I need to tackle this problem. Any suggestions?

Add Never scrapbooked before..... to Twitter Add Never scrapbooked before..... to Facebook Add Never scrapbooked before..... to MySpace Add Never scrapbooked before..... to Del.icio.us Digg Never scrapbooked before..... Add Never scrapbooked before..... to Yahoo My Web Add Never scrapbooked before..... to Google Bookmarks Add Never scrapbooked before..... to Stumbleupon Add Never scrapbooked before..... to Reddit
#802322 - 01/23/13 07:22 PM Re: Never scrapbooked before..... [Re: Brandi - Hair Editor]
Kathleen - Scrapbooking Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Loc: Michigan
Hi Brandi! I'm so glad that you asked these questions. I have several suggestions below. They don't have to be done in a specific order.

1. My first question is, are the photos sorted in any manner? By year or event? They don't have to be sorted, but if they are, that may help you decide how to start your books. If they are, you can also remove just a year's worth or just an event or two at a time, so it's not so overwhelming.
If there is no order, that's ok! Tackle it in smaller chunks. It isn't something you can finish in a day - a million photos??

2. You will need a few supplies - an album, some scrapbook paper and if you want them, some embellishments. You may want to learn what to do with them before you purchase too many. #3 will help with that.

3. If you have never scrapbooked before, you might want to get with a local consultant or scrapbook store or start with a basic class. They can help guide you. They can encourage you when it seems too overwhelming and they can offer you crop opportunities. They can also help you with supplies!

4. Do you have time to go to a crop (or several)? This is where you would bring your photos and supplies and work on your album(s).

5. If there really are a million photos and you've put it off for years and years, etc. (First, maybe you're scaring yourself just with that kind of talk! LOL) then this will probably be overwhelming - that's natural.

6. Try thinking about it this way... if you do ONE crop a month, ONE day, say you can do 3 layouts per 12 hours... in ONE year, that's 12 days out of 365... 3 layouts x 12 days = 36 layouts... probably TWO full albums! (We sell our albums with 5 page protectors which would be 5 layouts, including a front and last page. If you add 2 more sets of page protectors, which would be 15 layouts.)

In a simple way, this is some shopping, a class and some re-thinking!! I CAN tell you that scrapbooking is fun! It's not just about getting the photos in books. Wouldn’t it be nice to flip through those photos when they are set in albums and not loose and disorganized???

I do cover some of this in the Scrapbook 101 section of my page - that can be some reference/back up information for you, if you have time to look it up. I would look at the articles Emotions of Scrapbooking, Plan Your Scrapbooking or Scrapbooking - Getting Started.

Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Twitter Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Facebook Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to MySpace Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Never scrapbooked before..... Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Stumbleupon Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Reddit
#802323 - 01/23/13 07:25 PM Re: Never scrapbooked before..... [Re: Brandi - Hair Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Somehow, I think this might become a future article! LOL

Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Twitter Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Facebook Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to MySpace Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Never scrapbooked before..... Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Stumbleupon Add Re: Never scrapbooked before..... to Reddit
#806450 - 02/17/13 06:40 AM Re: Never scrapbooked before..... [Re: Kathleen - Scrapbooking]
Rhonda C Offline
Gecko

Loc: Texas
Kathleen, Great response and very helpful. I have several "current" albums that I am working on but I also have a lot of old photos that need to be scrapbooked. I just work on them when time permits and file them in chronological order later.

I look forward to reading your article on this subject.

Rhonda

#806479 - 02/17/13 09:49 AM Re: Never scrapbooked before..... [Re: Brandi - Hair Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Thanks, Rhonda! I actually wrote the article the week after. Here's the link: BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Moderator:  Kathleen - Scrapbooking 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Great iPhone 6 and 6 plus accessories
by Ewa - Photography
Photography
58 minutes 32 seconds ago
Need help identifying the artist / location
by Art Appreciation
Art Appreciation
Today at 03:26 PM
Fischbild (1925) by Paul Klee
by Art Appreciation
Art Appreciation
Today at 03:23 PM
Cosmic White Christmas *new*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 11:10 AM
Warm and Cozy Holiday Muffins
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Home Cooking
Today at 09:17 AM
Half a Century of Writing!
by IH8FMS
Journals
Today at 09:15 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 08:46 AM
New Review: Home Alone!
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
Today at 08:12 AM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Today at 05:00 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 04:40 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.