Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Are you kidding? Oh yeah, it counts, big time. I bet you burned a lot of calories but even better you got your body moving. Good job. Have fun with the kiddies.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. It felt good to get back into the swing of things today. I didn't push myself. I took it easy and rode the recumbent bike for 20 minutes at a level 3.

Then I did yoga for about 30 minutes. Lots of long, slow, holds. I felt like my body had started to turn to stone and I was breaking free.

I plan on sticking with the bike and yoga for a couple of days then I will start alternating with treadmill again. I'll work up to 30 minutes on bike and treadmill. I don't think it will be too difficult but the important thing is to go slow.

I want to keep doing 30 min of yoga minimum and maybe longer as long as I'm not overdoing it. Have to take care of these shoulders.

I think I will start adding Pilates back in to the routine at some point, soon. Most Pilates can be done without overuse of the shoulders. In case you haven't read it here is a link to my most recent article: Pilates Workout at Home
This is a short but good workout.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Today I did what I call the 20-20-20 workout. I ride the recumbent bike for 20m keeping my heart rate consistently in the training zone, which for me is anywhere between 110-128 beats per minute.

Next I did 20m of Pilates and finished with 20m of yoga.

I had a hard time getting started, I felt sluggish. After I started getting warmed up on the bike I felt better.

I am in the middle of putting together the "Mother of all Re-hab workout". I'm taking my physical therapy exercises and other exercises I have found and I'm putting together a program for myself gently working knees, shoulders and back. I'll be glad to share it when I am done.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Took the day off. Had meetings all day and choir practice tonight, where I go to sing like an angel. Ha! I was really tired when I got home so here I sit.

I do have the foam roller waiting for me by the door of my office so as I walk out I will grab it. I am going to lay on it and hopefully relax my back.

Tomorrow I plan on using the treadmill and I haven't decided what else, Pilates, yoga, whatever feels right at that time.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Woo hoo! This morning I began my 1-mile AM walks. Took the chis and ended up running some and walking some. It felt so good to be out there in the fresh morning air.

The dogs distracted me somewhat, getting tangled in their leashes, but overall, we kept walking, walking, walking until they got scared of other dogs and began to run. I kept running with them.

I'm so excited to start this and I hope, hope, hope I can make this a regular routine. I would love to be able to sustain a nice walk/run routine. I want to work my way up to five miles.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Koala
Koala
To Lori -dreams

Bravo.Wish I could just walk fast.

loong

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you, loong.

Running really isn't so great for me. It's hard on my joints and since my triglycerides are high, I should watch vigorous exercise in case my arteries are clogged.

My "running" is like more like fast walking. At my age, I don't know if I should take up running.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Tonight I walked on the treadmill for 30 mimutes. I varied the incline, started low for warm-up; went up to 3 for about 15 minutes; then level 2 until cool-down when I took it down to 0.

Did my warm-up between 2-2.5 mph, then walked at 3mph for the workout, taking it down lower again for a cool-down. I want to emphasize that I think a warm-up and cool-down, even if it's only 2 minutes, is very important. Warm muscles are less prone to injury.

I usually do some strength/resistance or flexibility, or both but I ran out of time. Late tonight I stretched out on my foam roller. I put it underneath me. At first it hurt and took my breath away but I slowed down my breathing and started relaxing my body. Once I did this it felt pretty good and I had a hard time making myself get up.

So watch for my upcoming article and review on the foam roller.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Today I did something a little different. I used to do yoga in the morning, not every day, but several days a week. I would wake up so stiff and morning yoga really helped. So this morning I woke up really stiff and remembered my little morning yoga book and did the poses. It didn't take long probably about 20 minutes. I do it while I watch CNN so I can see what's happening today.

Tonight I walked on the treadmill. This is what I did:
2 minutes - incline level flat ; 2-2.5mph
26 minutes - level 3 incline; 2.9-3.1 mph
1 minute- level 2 incline; 2.6mph
1 minute-incline level flat; 2.2 mph
Felt strong during and after.

Tonight I listened to 80's rock. We have the music channels on our TV and I pick a music station and turn it up loud. My favorites are: "Today's Hits"; "Today's Country"; 80's hits; 70's hits; Soundscapes.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks for the great idea of putting together my own song list to exercise to.

I really love Soundscapes but usually not for exercise since it calms me more than juices me.

Are there particular songs you like?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.