Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
mennat, Jessyyoga, Arash, Ziv Halevy, HectorHernandez
57404 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57405 Members
417 Forums
113452 Topics
805476 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 617
Beetlemess 265
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 156
Jana - Creativity Editor 142
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 78
Nancy Roussy 64
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Mona - Astronomy 40
Sandra Investing/HFinance 34
Dianne W - Editor 25
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#678816 - 04/16/11 05:09 AM What's the weather doing down your way?
Lestie - ContainerGardens Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hello everyone... Gee what a miz day it is here in Johannesburg! We are really having some extra rain presently as we sneak past Autumn into an eary winter. Today having had one our famous highveldt thunder storms last night we are overcast, grey, drippy rain and cold (for us here in sunny South Africa) and I am not in my beloved garden. Ah well, my alternative is great as here I am on line with Bellaonline!

What is the weather doing down your way? Is it affecting your gardening? Are the flowers sighing or crying? Are the patterns the same and usual for this time of year or can you report different. Thanks Lestie

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Add What's the weather doing down your way? to Twitter Add What's the weather doing down your way? to Facebook Add What's the weather doing down your way? to MySpace Add What's the weather doing down your way? to Del.icio.us Digg What's the weather doing down your way? Add What's the weather doing down your way? to Yahoo My Web Add What's the weather doing down your way? to Google Bookmarks Add What's the weather doing down your way? to Stumbleupon Add What's the weather doing down your way? to Reddit
#678841 - 04/16/11 11:13 AM Re: What's the weather doing down your way? [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
It's raining here in Northern Virginia - HARD. I pulled my plants in, didn't want them water logged :-)

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Twitter Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Facebook Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to MySpace Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What's the weather doing down your way? Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Reddit
#678850 - 04/16/11 11:51 AM Re: What's the weather doing down your way? [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Donna - Budget Decor Offline
Gecko

Loc: Central Virginia
The weather here is drizzly and wet. I don't have a garden, just a few azeala bushes. I've tried planting flowers and other flowering shrubs, but the deer eat everything. We are planning to build a deck this summer and I'm hoping to plant some flowers, tomatoes and herbs in containers where the deer can't get to them.

Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Twitter Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Facebook Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to MySpace Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What's the weather doing down your way? Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What's the weather doing down your way? to Reddit
#678853 - 04/16/11 11:56 AM Re: What's the weather doing down your way? [Re: Donna - Budget Decor]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
I can only wish for rain! Here in Southern California, it will be hot, hot, hot. In the 90s. Containers get dried out very quickly.

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

#678885 - 04/16/11 06:52 PM Re: What's the weather doing down your way? [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Angie Offline
Zebra

It has been pouring here too and tornado watches. There was a wine festival taking place but it was forced to shut down early due to the tornado watch.

#678888 - 04/16/11 07:02 PM Re: What's the weather doing down your way? [Re: Angie]
ExerciseEditor Offline
Elephant

It's 87 degrees and sunny with a mild breeze. Totally awesome weather for an outdoor workout. Walked this morning and walking again in a few hours. Swimming tomorrow!

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

#678895 - 04/16/11 07:15 PM Re: What's the weather doing down your way? [Re: ExerciseEditor]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Online   content
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
Angie, where in the tornado alley do you live? I live in near Kansas City, and this time of year can always be exciting. Last Sunday we had lots of hail. The week was warm, and then it was 40 this morning and warmed to 65 today.

We are going to have warm weather next week, and all of my students will have Spring Fever and act like they have lost their last brain cells. I love them, but next week should be challenging. Stormy weather in my classroom!
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

#678903 - 04/16/11 07:40 PM Re: What's the weather doing down your way? [Re: Donna - Budget Decor]

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hello everyone, oh my, how the weather affects us all! Does anyone run around in the rain anymore? I remember as a kid taking flying leaps and splashing as many people as I could by jumping in the puddles. Still, listening to the plants growing is a good thing to do as is feeling holy because I have an excuse not to do any weeding. Lucky weeds. Lucky me.

Lestie

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

#802016 - 01/22/13 08:42 AM Re: What's the weather doing down your way? [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Guys -

I thought I would bring this 2011 post forward and ask the same question today ...

What is the weather doing your way? And this time I am asking the question in February and not April.

Do you remember more about what you were doing then in your container gardens?

Tell us all please!

Here in Johannesburg we are having heavy rains to the extent that I am thinking of transplanting some garden-planted roses that have been in place for many many years, but are now taking a lot of strain from all the water and the poor drainage of the soil. Would that they were in containers that I could just move! Still maybe I can solve this problem in another way - any suggestions?

Ah well here too it's summertime and the weeding is easy; fish are jumpin' and my powder is dry tra la. I am a lucky fish for sure to have and live in such magnificent weather in my neck of these global woods.

Cheers now

Container Gardening Site

#802697 - 01/25/13 01:22 PM Re: What's the weather doing down your way? [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]
Angie Offline
Zebra

Lestie, it in the low 20s and snowing. I'm in Central VA, USA.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Advertising to me
by simplicityshines
Body Image
7 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
4 minutes 26 seconds ago
Chicken Sausage Herb and Potato Soup Recipe
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
16 minutes 13 seconds ago
Cancer the Crab *new*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
38 minutes 13 seconds ago
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 06:25 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 06:24 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 06:22 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 06:19 AM
A Photo A Day
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Photography
Yesterday at 08:13 PM
Beer-Kissed Cranberry Bread Recipe
by Carolyn-Beer & Brewing Editor
Beer & Brewing
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Susan - Meditation Editor, Connie - ADD/Sandwiches, 1 invisible), 92 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.