Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
vincischool, christylynn81, minas, puumando, 2013
57214 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57214 Members
417 Forums
113007 Topics
801085 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 828
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 470
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 150
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 87
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 80
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Mona - Astronomy 39
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#801737 - 01/20/13 01:24 PM Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

What dream symbols appear most often in your dreams? If yours isn't on the list, please feel free to post your response.
Your Dream Symbols
Multiple choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/20/13 01:24 PM
View the results of this poll.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Twitter Add Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Facebook Add Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to MySpace Add Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Del.icio.us Digg Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll Add Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Yahoo My Web Add Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Google Bookmarks Add Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Stumbleupon Add Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Reddit
#801738 - 01/20/13 01:27 PM Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

As for me, my dreams have changed throughout the years. In the beginning, I often dreamed about the open ocean. Sharks.

Then, my recurring dream themes was about highways and journeys and being in college.

Today, I dream often about different dimensions and seeing spirits of people in various places and situations.

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Twitter Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Facebook Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to MySpace Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Stumbleupon Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Reddit
#801747 - 01/20/13 02:08 PM Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
My parent's house was broken into one time when we left to drive our dad to the airport. We all slept in the living room until he returned. They used matches for light and left them all over the house.

Another time when I was young, I had a friend over and we were in the basement playing records. Later that night after the friend went home, my mom had told me to go back downstairs and turn off the lights and record player, which I knew I had aleady done. Apparently my friend had snuck back in the house to hear the record again, but ran out as I headed downstairs.

I'm thinking that's why my dreams are always about someone breaking in, even now a life time later.

Edited by Dianne W - Editor (01/20/13 02:09 PM)

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Twitter Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Facebook Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to MySpace Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Stumbleupon Add Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll to Reddit
#801758 - 01/20/13 02:57 PM Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Thanks for stopping by, Dianne. smile

Childhood events can leave permanent scars upon our psyches because we're at such a vulnerable and impressionable stage of life. When our homes are broken into, it is a major security breach and invasion of privacy. For a child, this is extremely traumatic.

One of the most basic human needs for a child is to feel safe. Even though you are grown, you still harbor a deep-seated fear of insecurity.

Additionally, it is possible that you feel you don't have clear boundaries and others attempt to "break into" your sense of self. Reflect on your waking life circumstances and relationships to see where you can strengthen yourself.

I encourage you to try some Dream Therapy during which you can relax and do some meditation exercises. While in meditative state, you can enter a sort of waking dream state (aka. daydream) and imagine yourself fortifying your home. Make it beautiful--anyway you like--but surround your house with an invisible but impenetrable energy field of light, love and protection. People can enter only with your permission.

Redream your childhood experience: See any potential invaders as not being able to enter due to locked windows and doors. Same for your old friend's break-in. Dream about a protective dog standing guard and chasing everyone away.

Do you have a dog in your waking life? It might be a good idea to get one or two. For friendship and protection. Very good tokens to have around.

Thanks for your support. smile

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#801764 - 01/20/13 03:27 PM Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
Thank YOU Lori, excellent insight. I find it fascinating, and truly believe that what happens in our childhood manifests itself later in life.

I took an excellent self-hypnosis class a few years back - it was very helpful in finding that quiet place to relax within.

The one funny thing is that I do not like dogs. Never have, though we did let our kids have one once and I did most of the caring for it - despite the (now ex)husband and kids who wanted it. Dogs actually became a huge issue when my mother-in-law was staying with us and had one that I used to call "the beast" because he was so big and hairy and used my wall to wall carpet as his own personal toilet...LOL..anyway, I digress.

Thanks so much for the always helpful insight!

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#801824 - 01/21/13 01:17 AM Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Happy Birthday jenniechan Offline
Gecko

It also happens with me Lori. My dreams have also changed time to time. I can’t choose one option. Recently, I have seen dreams of shopping….

#801842 - 01/21/13 05:45 AM Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Tas - Japanese Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Loc: Japan
I recall having quite frequent dreams (though not recently) of my teeth dropping off in one way or the other... Yup.

Not sure how many people experience this one, but you might wanna add it to the list?

#801843 - 01/21/13 06:00 AM Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll [Re: Tas - Japanese Culture]
Mona - Astronomy Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: United Kingdom
Oh yes, quite - the teeth dropping out. I know that one.

Also showing up places and realising that somehow I'm still in my pyjamas. No one ever seems to notice. That's probably not unrealistic when I think about what people go out wearing! wink

http://www.bellaonline.com/newsletter/astronomy

#802006 - 01/22/13 01:10 PM Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Sandra Investing/HFinance Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I have had dreams of my teeth dropping out, too. Someone told me it was because I was feeling powerless about something in my life. Don't know about that.

I do notice that I dream alot about what I have just read. I read before bedtime and find myself incorporating parts of what I read in my dreams.
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum

#802111 - 01/23/13 12:47 AM Re: Your Frequent Dream Symbols Poll [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Happy Birthday jenniechan Offline
Gecko

I have never heard about teeth dropping out technique. I will definitely try it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lori-Dreams 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Fall Family Fun with Sandwiches
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
28 minutes 24 seconds ago
Halloween
by Angie
Christian Living
Today at 08:19 AM
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
Today at 07:19 AM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 07:14 AM
What's your favorite fashion item?
by isabell smith
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 06:12 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:17 AM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:05 PM
Game - Vampire Names
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Creativity
Yesterday at 08:59 PM
Job Titles Game
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 08:55 PM
Coming Up-Yoga Sequences E-book
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Yoga
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.