#799516 01/07/13 07:49 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Tu B'Shevat is around the corner. It's time to start talking about trees.

Judaism and Trees

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
My favorite ode to trees come from a project called Tree Whispers. Check it out:

Tree Whispers

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Lisa, my family believed that trees were put opon the earth to guide and counsel humanity. They have powers that men need to learn about including stability and long life. Their roots go deep into the earth which make them secure even through a storm. Much of humanity would think these things to be foolish but we believe that trees can communicate with people if we will "listen" to what they have to say. We believe that they can communicate but they do so very slowly as humans define it, yet distinctly as we learn how to again "listen". I am so glad that you posted this Lisa. Sometimes it is nice to not feel like you're the only one that experiences these things. David

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
David -

That is beautiful! I hope that many will stop by and read your words (though don't count on many responding - it's a quiet forum) smile

My son recently connected with a series of books - about being a wizard - where the young wizard had a power to connect with trees and the trees helped fight 'the bad guy'. It was a very powerful book, written for young youth, and connecting them with trees through the thrill of wizardry.

My kindergarten and first grade daisy troop talked about the upcoming holiday of Tu B'Shvat and its relation to trees - (simply stated) why Jews love/need trees and why the girl scouts love/need trees. It's nice to connect to pathways of thought over a single bridge.

Thanks again for sharing. It's more than ever urgent to build a connection between our young people and all of nature.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Lisa, encourage your son to discover wizardry if he seeks it out. My family had a few mystics and what you might call "wizards" if you will. There is also some very beautiful mysticism and timeless wisdom including healing in ancient Judaism. Most people today have no interest in such things and for that they have missed much of their heritage. It sounds like you and your son might be open to these "hidden" mysteries and I encourage you both to investigate them. You might be really amazed and it may open doors for your family that that you will appreciate. I am glad that we can talk about this. I hope that you are as well!! David

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
You've reminded me of a book, David - about healing in Judaism. I can't remember the name offhand. I'm going to have to go and search for it!

Do you have any book recommendations that focus on the importance and brilliance of trees? We may have some readers who would be interested to incorporate something like that into their Tu B'Shvat seder.

Thanks again! Keep spreading your goodness.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
It is refreshing for me that someone is interested in trees as they were an integral part of our culture. They, as well as everything that we see with our natural eyes were place here for our benefit and we are to protect and nurture what we see for that reason. Man takes no thought in cutting them down until he sees what they really give back to us.

Go out into the woods and find the largest tree, width and height. Both you and your son place your hands on either side of the trunk and prepare to stand or sit there for a while. This is going to sound crazy but we have used this energy for healing and regeneration for centuries.

Keep your hands there until you begin to feel a tingle in them. The longer they are there they will eventually begin to feel like they are on fire and yet of course with no pain or discomfort of any kind, on the contrary. Now place your hands on a part of the body that might be hurting. It could be arthritis, skin problems, or even more serious illnesses. Remember that in utilizing this method one must have or at least work towards a belief in complete healing in order for it to work. It does work!!!!! They have energy that we need and we have elements that they utilize as well. Remember, belief must accompany the action.

In food prep this method of energy transference is very beneficial to your family.

If you make your own bread, rolls, Challah or any other dough prepare and mix the ingredients. Go to the tree and place your hand as such. When your hands begin to tingle go back in and knead the dough. Then bake as normal.

Serve it and let them tell you about the taste. There is now something within it that is life giving and it will be borne out in the comments.

If at first you don't see too much difference just continue a few times and as your belief system eventually coincides with your "knowing" of the end result you will be amazed!!!!

You can do the same with the laying on of hands for healing another person. Despite how kooky and unscientific that it sounds there is a science within it that is not yet a part of the mainstream empirically proven acceptable standard. It is one of the mysteries that is hidden in ancient cultures and yet when the time comes it may be not so hidden to the general public.

Lisa, we have practiced these things for many many years and they are gifts to us.

Again thank you for asking about trees. My best to you and your family, David

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Lisa.....I love trees. They are majestic, beautiful, and stoic. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Dave......trees are indeed mystical and magical. It is amazing what one realizes if they believe. I will try what you suggest. A clairvoyant once told me to hug a tree. Now I know why.

I don't like when trees are cut down. When a hurricane brought down numerous mature trees around here not too long ago I cried at the carnage. I could feel their pain.

We really ought to spend more time with trees. They are truly beautiful beings and it is very peaceful being around them.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Lisa, I have a lot more information about trees and their mysticism from my family if you would like. I give this information to anyone for their benefit and their family. The only thing that I would ask please is that nothing written about myself and/or my family be reproduced in any way. It is to stay on Bella. So many have helped me through a very hard time on here and it is for them that I give this information freely. If you have readers that are interested in what I have written please refer them to Bella. Thank you for understanding. What I have received freely I will give freely. Blessings to you and your family, David

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.