logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
I agree Elizabeth. I know it has helped me combat depression which was not helped by counseling or drugs(lol).

Wish I knew this back in my 20's (now 53 and getting younger) - spent alot of cash and wasted time.

On the other side, some folks do benefit from counseling and medication, so I am not totally against this - it just did not work for me.

I now encourage my only child (age 25, girl) to try different things with any issue in her life as I did not have a mom or sister to bounce things off. Yes, grandma was there (died this year at age 104 back in my island - Jamaica, West Indies) - but you know it is not the same. LOL, some things you dare not discuss with granny.

I did not cry about "Mamamae's" passing, as I knew she lived a fulfilling and independent life in spite of grandpa dying over 30 years ago. I was not able to afford to go back home for her funeral (I now live in Columbus, Georgia) - but I know she understood. I SMILE as I write this, she has ALWAYS been my reason for living my life MY way blush smile blush

Keep up the AWESOME site Elizabeth - way to GO!!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
F
Hi dear, Walking is very effective exercise for the health. It burns the fat of legs, belly and thigh and reduces the extra weight. It keeps us fit, active and young.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Finbar:

I see you are a "newbie" - welcome to the Bella Family and thanks for stopping by and sharing wink

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Finbar:

Yes, I totally agree - walking is one of the best exercises (and free/lol) for general health.

If you want to lose fat, then there are options to do this.

As you know there are different types of walking styles - the trick is to figure out which ones get the results you want.

Me, I am into it for "relaxation" and volunteer to walk to and from work which is not too far from our duplex although we do have a car. My other half use to get upset with me, but now he understands that when I walk, I am a lot NICER to be around wink

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 11/26/11 12:01 PM.
E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
Hi Angela, sorry to hear about Mamamae's death but she certainly had a good innings.Walking is BRILLIANT. When I had difficulties rearing a teenager my morning walk helped me enormously. All my anxieties were gone before I went in to work. I also find I think a lot better when I am walking and I solve lots of problems.Thanks for posting link to my latest article. Lisa from Fiction sent me a message how to do it . I thought it was simple but so far haven;t succeeded creating the link

Elizabeth Brennan
Walking
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Elizabeth:

It takes persistence and not feeling bad about not learning stuff right away.

The bottom line, you are LEARNING like we all did as "first time" editors for this site.

Once you get it down, then you will be able to help other new folks - trust me, here I am at age 53 - set in my ways & hated learning new stuff - still do(lol).

But when you want to do something, you buckle down like you are doing and never give up.

Talk soon wink smile blush

A
A
I love walking. Not only is it good for your body/heart it's a good way for me to clear my head..After a long day at work or after being around the kids all day I just go for a walk. You would be amazed at how refreshing it can be.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi All about improvement:

Welcome to our Bella Family, I see you joined 12/21/11.

Yes, walking is free and does so much for your body, mind and so on.

Depending on what your focus is - we can all benefit from walking.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

S
S
walks everyday,good for our hearts.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Yes ssabrinaa, I totally agree.

If you don't mind my asking, I do tend to get too personal at times(lol) - so you walk every day?

I do to get from home to work - and some days, I would rather not, but so glad that I do. At the moment I am battling with some unwanted inches at age 53. While I don't weigh except when my doctor makes me - I gauge my weight on how tight of loose my size 10 clothes fit.

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by and sharing with us - much APPRECIATED.

Hugs,
A

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.