Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Ebnul Karim Benzima, Morr27, purat, Kellyack91, sienawilson
56586 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56586 Members
417 Forums
111494 Topics
786325 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 273
Nancy Roussy 174
Rosie 66 156
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 132
loongdragon 111
James Andrew 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 70
Jilly 69
Lestie4containergardens 67
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#758134 - 04/20/12 12:26 AM Post-partum depression and the pill
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: Virginia
My daughter is suffering from post-partum depression, a very bad "case". - the doctor actually said birth-control pills would help to stabilize her. Has anyone else heard of this?

Career Training Site
Job Search Site

Do you want to talk to the man in charge or the woman who knows what's going on?

Add Post-partum depression and the pill to Twitter Add Post-partum depression and the pill to Facebook Add Post-partum depression and the pill to MySpace Add Post-partum depression and the pill to Del.icio.us Digg Post-partum depression and the pill Add Post-partum depression and the pill to Yahoo My Web Add Post-partum depression and the pill to Google Bookmarks Add Post-partum depression and the pill to Stumbleupon Add Post-partum depression and the pill to Reddit
#758347 - 04/20/12 08:30 PM Re: Post-partum depression and the pill [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I haven't heard of this personally, but perhaps the regulating of hormones by taking the pill would be helpful, because a hormone imbalance can certainly cause many problems for the sufferer.

I'd be more inclined to have the doctor do a hormone test to see what imbalances are actually present before taking a pill. Low estrogen level pills are safer, but if your daughter is already low in estrogen this might be the wrong option for her. I mean, with all the options out there, how would the doctor know exactly which pill to prescribe if he or she does not know which hormones your daughter needs, and at what levels?

Edited by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor (04/20/12 08:31 PM)

Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Twitter Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Facebook Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to MySpace Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Post-partum depression and the pill Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Stumbleupon Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Reddit
#759228 - 04/25/12 06:38 AM Re: Post-partum depression and the pill [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]
Kitten - Depression Offline
Gecko

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
I haven't heard of this personally, but perhaps the regulating of hormones by taking the pill would be helpful, because a hormone imbalance can certainly cause many problems for the sufferer.

I'd be more inclined to have the doctor do a hormone test to see what imbalances are actually present before taking a pill. Low estrogen level pills are safer, but if your daughter is already low in estrogen this might be the wrong option for her. I mean, with all the options out there, how would the doctor know exactly which pill to prescribe if he or she does not know which hormones your daughter needs, and at what levels?

I have to agree, Debbie. That does seem a very haphazard way to approach it. But if you consider the fact that antidepressants are basically prescribed the same way, without any specific idea of what is going on chemically in your brain, maybe it's not so...strange. Just try this and that with this and that, until we find a "coctail" that works for you... I don't know. Maybe it will work. I hope it does. If not, they'll try something else.

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )

Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Twitter Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Facebook Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to MySpace Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Post-partum depression and the pill Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Stumbleupon Add Re: Post-partum depression and the pill to Reddit
#767256 - 06/08/12 11:38 PM Re: Post-partum depression and the pill [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Encore DT Offline
Gecko

I have heard of mood stabilizers being used for post-partum, but birth control? I suppose there are different kinds - some that also help prevent acne, some that help keep the skin healthy, etc... Maybe the doctor is referring to a specific birth control pill?

#801914 - 01/22/13 12:39 AM Re: Post-partum depression and the pill [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Chandler Offline

Hi Dianne, Never heard of this before but do share the treatment and progress of your daughter with other members as it might help others to deal with post-par-tum depression. Birth control pills have some side effects so do consult Dr before starting birth control pills.

#802748 - 01/26/13 05:30 AM Re: Post-partum depression and the pill [Re: Chandler]
Chandler Offline

Hi Dianne,

Never heard of this before but do share the treatment and progress of your daughter with other members as it might help others to deal with post-par-tum depression. Birth control pills have some side effects so do consult Dr before starting birth control pills.

NOTE: new users are not allowed to add links/urls to their posts!!

Edited by Sadhana - Indian Food (01/26/13 08:00 AM)

Moderator:  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The Way of the Bodhisattva
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
7 minutes 28 seconds ago
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
8 minutes 8 seconds ago
The Bar Method a Body Sculpting Workout
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
16 minutes 17 seconds ago
The Haunting of Chretien Point
by ParanormalHost
Paranormal
36 minutes 38 seconds ago
William Shakespeare or Wilhelm Shakespeare?
by Deb - Animal Life
German Culture
52 minutes 22 seconds ago
Weathering the Rejection Letter
by Corlia - Unemployment Editor
Unemployment
Today at 09:05 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Angie
Frugal Living
Today at 08:38 PM
Extreme Frugal Confessions
by AKLisa- Knitting Editor
Frugal Living
Today at 06:42 PM
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Francine - German Culture
Container Gardening
Today at 06:17 PM
100$ Gas Gift Card - Shell,Exxon,BP,Sunoc
co

by purat
Freebies
Today at 05:54 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
4 registered (Izeigo, Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor, Lisa - Buddhism, Nancy Roussy), 127 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.