Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Jessyyoga, Arash, Ziv Halevy, HectorHernandez, TaraV
57403 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57403 Members
417 Forums
113449 Topics
805467 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 617
Beetlemess 265
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 168
Jana - Creativity Editor 142
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 78
Nancy Roussy 62
Susan - Meditation Editor 45
Mona - Astronomy 41
Sandra Investing/HFinance 34
Dianne W - Editor 26
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#801649 - 01/19/13 01:08 PM Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You?
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

How happy are you? The field of Positive Psychology studies happiness and what makes life worth living. When one focuses on their strengths, it helps to reduce suffering in the future. Learn the five main building blocks to well-being and what you can do to help increase yours.

Positive Psychology
Mental Health Facebook Page

Add Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Twitter Add Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Facebook Add Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to MySpace Add Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Del.icio.us Digg Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? Add Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Yahoo My Web Add Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Google Bookmarks Add Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Stumbleupon Add Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Reddit
#801652 - 01/19/13 01:31 PM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
Excellent article !!!!

Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Twitter Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Facebook Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to MySpace Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Reddit
#801653 - 01/19/13 01:42 PM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
Dear Dr,

In the article .there is this section :Positive Psychology is the study of happiness and what makes life worth living. Instead of focusing on dysfunction or abnormal behavior, it is centered on helping people become happier.

We have discussed together recently,From 1978to 1990 I had a group even with my anxiety,where I taught Happiness through Positive thinking,4,000 people assisted to my reunions.This is the way I got rid of Agoraphobia,Panic attacks ,Paranoia.The one left was Manic depressive ,which my Doctor and Pharmacist found the mix of pills ,Like I toldyou I was 61 when my demon disappeared.
I beleive humans are not born with fear ,but teached to fear.

Thank you for being there

loong/normand

Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Twitter Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Facebook Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to MySpace Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Reddit
#801774 - 01/20/13 10:44 AM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Ancientflaxman,
Thank you so much!! I appreciate you taking the time to read it, as well as commenting in the forum!

#801777 - 01/20/13 10:47 AM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loong,
I think it is great that you lead a group of people trying to get well with positive thinking, activities and changes. The support and care of other people can truly make a huge difference.

Yes, agreed - we are not born with fear...only love!

#801791 - 01/20/13 11:48 AM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I think we can't underestimate the power of resilience. Life can deliver some devastating blows but those with resilience keep climbing to their feet, dusting off the pain and disappointment and keep on going...

Is resilience an innate trait? Is it genetic? Is it an attitude that can be developed? A belief?

I am resilient because I have a sense of inextinguishable hope.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

#801874 - 01/21/13 10:42 AM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Lori,
You are right! Being happy increases your resiliency so that you are better able to deal with life's challenges.

Research shows that genetics play a role but from other areas, like personality traits. Being more outgoing and conscientious are traits found in happier people.

I found, in working with people and while writing the article, one can develop attitudes and beliefs that they currently don't have.

Hope is a strong positive feeling/belief.

#801875 - 01/21/13 10:49 AM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind.

What language of strength have you used today?

#802054 - 01/22/13 10:42 AM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Great article, Ilyssa.

#802063 - 01/22/13 11:28 AM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Thank you Debbie !!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  Dr J Webb - Mental Health 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
A Photo A Day
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Photography
08:13 PM
Beer-Kissed Cranberry Bread Recipe
by Carolyn-Beer & Brewing Editor
Beer & Brewing
08:00 PM
Relief For Men With Unwanted Body Hair
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
03:32 PM
How often do you cut your hair?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
03:26 PM
Stress Reduction is a Beauty Basic
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
03:21 PM
Using Nail Decals for Easy Nail Design
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
03:14 PM
Teaching Moon Phases and Eclipses
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
01:13 PM
Why You Should Brush Your Tongue
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
12:06 PM
The Best Way to Condition Your Hair
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
11:54 AM
How to get rid of dark circles in 2 weeks?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
11:45 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.