Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
KeithB18, Bella Marie, Glady, rani singh, Alycia cullern
57339 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57340 Members
417 Forums
113325 Topics
804650 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 868
Beetlemess 454
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 323
Jana - Creativity Editor 316
Dorcy 64
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 60
Sandra Investing/HFinance 60
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 45
Dianne W - Editor 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#801212 - 01/17/13 03:24 PM Do you exercise when you are sick?
Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

I have a cold and don't feel like exercising. Should I? Do you exercise when you are sick?

Exercise: Website | Forum
Yoga: Website | Forum

Don't forget to sign up for the weekly Yoga Newsletter.

Add Do you exercise when you are sick? to Twitter Add Do you exercise when you are sick? to Facebook Add Do you exercise when you are sick? to MySpace Add Do you exercise when you are sick? to Del.icio.us Digg Do you exercise when you are sick? Add Do you exercise when you are sick? to Yahoo My Web Add Do you exercise when you are sick? to Google Bookmarks Add Do you exercise when you are sick? to Stumbleupon Add Do you exercise when you are sick? to Reddit
#801640 - 01/19/13 05:01 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Nancy Roussy Offline
Elephant

Loc: Grand-Métis, Quebec, Canada
I do. If I skip just one day then I use this as an excuse to stop exercising (the last time i stopped was some time in august 2009 [i used moving to another city as an excuse] tonight will be the 162th day that i started again so you can see what happens when i use an excuse to stop). When I see that I'm starting to be fed up or about to give up exercising I give myself a break (of 4 weeks) then start another exercise. What I do is not extreme and hard so what it only does when I exercise while sick is that it is harder than usual.

Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Twitter Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Facebook Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to MySpace Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Reddit
#801681 - 01/20/13 01:01 AM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Nancy you have incredible determination. You must be very proud of yourself for sticking to it. I think your idea of taking a break, (and designating how long), is a good one. Sometimes that's just what you need to get motivated.

Since I have been sick I have been doing a gentle yoga practice and using my Miracle Balls. Today I am feeling better and jumped on the old recumbent bike. Could only go 20 minutes but I have to start somewhere to build up my strength.

It was nice to talk with you.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Twitter Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Facebook Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to MySpace Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Reddit
#801684 - 01/20/13 01:11 AM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Tina - Living Simply Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Bay Area, California
I do exercise when I am sick because if I'm congested I find it helps. But I will go on the treadmill at 2mph instead of 3mph, for instance. And maybe for a shorter time.

WireFreeBra.com

Living Simply-Improve Your Life with Less Clutter Book

#801687 - 01/20/13 01:20 AM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Tina - Living Simply]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Tina.
Sometimes it makes us feel better if we just do a little bit of exercise and going slower is definitely the right thing to do.

Thanks for joining the conversation.

#801804 - 01/20/13 06:36 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Nancy Roussy Offline
Elephant

Loc: Grand-Métis, Quebec, Canada
Hi Terri! I'm happy to hear that you now feel better. Yoga is something that interest me, I may try it one of these days. I never heard of miracle balls. It's a miracle when I actually do something I say I'll do and when I don't give up after (sometimes i even give up before starting) so for me saying that I will do an exercise for a certain amount of time and actually do it is really something big (even when sick...im a big wuss so when im sick its worst). That idea of taking a break and the idea of starting at one then adding one each day I had several years ago, I tried that to see if I could actually get at least that done and it worked (until i gave it before moving that is...im really lazy since then).

#801810 - 01/20/13 07:55 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Stephanie - Weight Loss Offline
Parakeet

I'll admit that I do not exercise if I am sick. Instead, I rest, and ensure that I am feeding my body what it needs to get better. Regular exercise, if we pick something enjoyable is easy to pick back up when we get well. IMO. But, if I just have a mild cold or something that would not keep me home from work, then I continue on as normal as long as no headache, fever, vomiting etc,... is involved.

#801816 - 01/21/13 12:18 AM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Nancy, you are probably really confused by now, I know I am. I thought my posted didn't go through then I realized it was under a different topic. So you will see several posts from me. Forgive my clumsiness.

#801817 - 01/21/13 12:30 AM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Stephanie - Weight Loss]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Stephanie, nice to meet you. If I am really sick then I won't exercise either. The first week I was sick I didn't have the energy to get out of bed so I sure didn't workout then. I slowly got better and did yoga as I felt better.

Listening to our bodies is really important and knowing when to take care of yourself and rest is a good thing.

Thanks for posting.

#801818 - 01/21/13 12:37 AM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Nancy Roussy]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Nancy, it's me again. You should give yoga a try. If you can't take a class there are some good videos. I have an article on beginning yoga and on miracle balls, (oh you would love them), here are the articles if you are interested in reading them:The Miracle Ball Method Review
Beginning Yoga Students Start Here

You really should think about giving the Miracle Balls a try. They are so relaxing and feel really good.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
01:54 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
12:52 PM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Beetlemess
Sandwiches
12:48 PM
First Letter-Last Letter
by Beetlemess
Attention Deficit Disorder
12:43 PM
Music ABC game
by Beetlemess
Pop Music
12:42 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
12:07 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
12:06 PM
Cosmic Halloween Tour . . . If you dare
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
07:48 AM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
07:25 AM
Star-gazing – Seeing in Dim Light *new*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
06:05 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.