Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kelly Z, opqrst619667, Arca Decks, arrowproject, Ashley Jessica
56563 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56564 Members
417 Forums
111434 Topics
785950 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 236
Nancy Roussy 170
loongdragon 139
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 134
Rosie 66 131
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 89
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 55
Lestie4containergardens 51
Jilly 48
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#801495 - 01/18/13 03:17 PM Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS [Re: MargeKnits]
joanj Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas
I really wish we had something like there where I live. Kind of a fun destination where you can relax and spend some time.

It is odd that Arlington has only one yarn shop. there is only one bead shop too that I know of. When I go home to Oregon to visit, I can find both yarn and bead shops all over the place.

I order a lot of yarn from Etsy.com from the people who actually spin and dye it. It is nice though to go to a good yarn store and drool over the fabulous fibers and textures!

Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Twitter Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Facebook Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to MySpace Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Stumbleupon Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Reddit
#801544 - 01/18/13 07:40 PM Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS [Re: MargeKnits]
AKLisa- Knitting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
That is odd that Arlington would have only one such store. There is so much farming and harvesting all through Texas, that I would think a fiber industry would be present - throughout the State! I remember reading someplace about the number of sheep farms in different states, and Texas was very high on the list. With all of those farms, I would think some local producers would want to sell in state at places like LYS, in turn creating more of a market.
Perhaps this could be a good business idea for someone in Arlington.
the stores all of Oregon are a great example of what I am talking about here.

Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Twitter Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Facebook Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to MySpace Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Stumbleupon Add Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS to Reddit
#801605 - 01/19/13 10:51 AM Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS [Re: MargeKnits]
joanj Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas
Yes, you're right. I wonder why nobody has thought of creating such a store. Or even a co-op type of store from various Texas artisans. I would certainly shop there.

In southern Oregon, I can buy alpaca yarn, for instance, which is from alpaca ranches in the local area.

#806240 - 02/15/13 11:06 AM Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS [Re: MargeKnits]
rdywenur Offline
Gecko

what is LYS?

#809943 - 03/06/13 02:03 PM Re: Has anyone else notice the resurgence of the LYS [Re: MargeKnits]
AKLisa- Knitting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
LYS stands for Local yarn store. It would be a locally owned, small business as compared to many of the mass retail box stores such as Jo-Anns, Hobby Lobby or even Wal-Mart.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  AKLisa- Knitting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What is the latest spring fall fashion ?
by Bruceox1962
Women's Fashion
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Frugal Home Cleaning - using food
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 08:55 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 08:53 PM
Prayer
by Pamela - Bible Basics Editor
Bible Basics
Yesterday at 08:53 PM
What influenced your personality?
by Nina - Siblings
Siblings
Yesterday at 07:47 PM
Coffee Compost for Containers
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Yesterday at 07:28 PM
What my Buddhism is about.
by loongdragon
Buddhism
Yesterday at 06:51 PM
What My Spirituality Is!
by loongdragon
Spirituality
Yesterday at 06:01 PM
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
Yesterday at 05:27 PM
Online shopping
by Rodelma Lopez
Women's Fashion
Yesterday at 04:28 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 56 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.