Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kelly Z, opqrst619667, Arca Decks, arrowproject, Ashley Jessica
56563 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56564 Members
417 Forums
111434 Topics
785950 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 236
Nancy Roussy 170
loongdragon 139
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 134
Rosie 66 131
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 89
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 55
Lestie4containergardens 51
Jilly 48
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 4 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
#800841 - 01/16/13 01:06 AM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Thank you Loong, for your kind words. I am not sure what this other exchange is about with Burt B., but it sounds very powerful.

Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Twitter Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Facebook Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to MySpace Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What  my Buddhism is about. Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Stumbleupon Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Reddit
#801591 - 01/19/13 07:31 AM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
To all or none,

Just woke up,and realizing how Buddha would have described,me,
this morning.
A living corpse,full of sores,every articulation hurting.Because abuse and aging,one leg is twisting,to support the 8 tears in the knees, the ankles have grown almost an inch,to give balance while walking.He wears elastic braces.His brain is dammaged from abuse also.Forgetting his son's name.Eyes always dry from blocked
canals,his heart,5 operations,tempted by Mara's daughters,more shall come,until he becomes a dead corpse.

To most of you ,this description might sound negative,but it is
the reality of every living being,aging,aging.To me this is my
reality.But however it is accepted,and well lived with.

To me ,a carrier made of human flesh ,bones,organs ,feces is
well understood.The part most important to me is my Mind.This is aging well.Living more and more compassion and loving kindness.Seeing each moment better and better thanks to Mindfulness and Equanimity.May you understand the aging process,
and work on the Eighfold Path ,to rid yourself of samsara.

Never been happier, never have life been so good to me.What makes my life so good is being ,more and more,capable living,more
and more in the Now

Loong a carrier

Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Twitter Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Facebook Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to MySpace Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What  my Buddhism is about. Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Stumbleupon Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Reddit
#801897 - 01/21/13 07:19 PM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all and none
Maybe I spoke of it recently,but am in some kind of turmoil,in my beliefs.
Hard to explain. Since,I started working on Tibetan Buddhism,been mixed up.
What I miss,ls Mindfulness,changes in my faith,behavior.For the few years, I have been in Buddhism, this is the first such episode.
Started reading ,Lisa's article on the bardos.having ptoblems with faith.

This turmoil,keeps me out of the now.

Loong

#802340 - 01/24/13 08:41 AM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all or none,
This morning What I am thankfull for ,is not to be a homeless person at -33 degrees,and also not having to check in recycling bins for empty cans.I am grateful to the universe for threating me so well .with what I have.As for the 2 aforementionned I have compassion for what they are living.

loong a lucky man

#802875 - 01/27/13 07:25 AM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

to all or none,
In society,there are many worlds based on Mara's form.
Last nite,beat Mara.

loong

#803662 - 01/31/13 12:50 AM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all or none,

Buddha said many times to give and give with Compassion.
Presently ,I found a private coach to help me regain a bit of rigor in my body,right here at bellaonline,free and with compassion
Another one a food coach is looking for a better way of eating,
again right here at bellaonline.
Always looked for someone to become abetter Buddhist,found her right here at Bellaonline the editor of the Buddhism section
all this giving is done with compassion and loving kindness.
Many thanks to Bellaonline and to the people who constitute it.

_/\_

loong

#803762 - 01/31/13 02:06 PM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for your words of gratitude Loong. Bellaonline is an amazing creation of Lisa Shea. It offers so many wonderful training tools for the volunteer editors too. Did you know that the advertising revenue from the ads you see goes to charity? It is truly an example of how wonderful the web can be, bringing people together around the world, sharing information, learning, and giving to charity also.

#805731 - 02/12/13 03:20 PM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all or none,

In my buddhism ,what
I have read and put to use,is the respect of others beleifs.
I had a friend ,christian,whom I had a lot of affection for.
When he died last year of an overdose,self-inflicted,some people decided that they
would organise the ceremony of laying to rest,their way-,not minding the friend's
Family that was really mad.So was I,,,so this morning inrespect for his beliefs,his way
,I paid in a catholicc church ,for a mass,call
me crazy,but this -is the -respect ,I have for people beleifs.
Maybe by now he has been rebirthed,but for our friendship,I believe it necessary,even
If he,s gone ,however ,My belief our friendship transcends time,life or death.
This is what my mind filled with compassion,felt like doing.

With metta
Loong

#805746 - 02/12/13 07:24 PM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Regarding my last post.i know that all is illusion.

loong

#805961 - 02/13/13 03:28 PM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all or none,

Today met with a Rhuandan priest,in my village.The man is pure ,not spoiled by
The north american system.Iasked him that our conversation be spiritual only..

The subject was my incapacity to have compassion for one individual.Someone
he knows very well.I stated my problem,and then he took over.This individual is all typesof programs,associations.His problem,is always taking credit for thegood he
Does and asks to be recognised for it.

The priest said tha Jesus like Buddha,asked togive,give,almost in silence.

The conclusion we came together ,the person suffers from narcissism
All the discussion was with love,
Already ,the discussion started to sink in.Imust first give myself pardon,
Then let the compassion flourish in my Mind,for myself and then for thishuman
being,that carries buddhahood inside of him.

This is part of what my buddhismis all about
Loong

Page 4 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 28 >

Moderator:  Lisa - Buddhism 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What is the latest spring fall fashion ?
by Bruceox1962
Women's Fashion
10:50 PM
Frugal Home Cleaning - using food
by Jilly
Frugal Living
08:55 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Jilly
Frugal Living
08:53 PM
Prayer
by Pamela - Bible Basics Editor
Bible Basics
08:53 PM
What influenced your personality?
by Nina - Siblings
Siblings
07:47 PM
Coffee Compost for Containers
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
07:28 PM
What my Buddhism is about.
by loongdragon
Buddhism
06:51 PM
What My Spirituality Is!
by loongdragon
Spirituality
06:01 PM
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
05:27 PM
Online shopping
by Rodelma Lopez
Women's Fashion
04:28 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Elleise - Clairvoyance, Izeigo, Nancy Roussy), 45 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.