Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
xmeecosmic, MrsBunny, mucarito, mryannlgn, pattyh
57111 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57111 Members
417 Forums
112792 Topics
798331 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 931
Beetlemess 569
Nancy Roussy 217
Karm - SW USA Editor 216
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 164
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 157
Dianne W - Editor 88
Mystic - Romance Movies 87
Tracy - Philosophy 83
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 83
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#798817 - 01/02/13 11:14 PM The Fiscal Cliff
Angie Offline
Zebra

Are you keeping up with the goings on in Congress regarding the increase in taxes and non-existent reductions in spending?

I know that when I have expenses greater than my income, I need to cut back on those expenses.

Americans have forgotten who the government is. The government is we the people of the United States. It is not a tree with money growing on it.

Add The Fiscal Cliff to Twitter Add The Fiscal Cliff to Facebook Add The Fiscal Cliff to MySpace Add The Fiscal Cliff to Del.icio.us Digg The Fiscal Cliff Add The Fiscal Cliff to Yahoo My Web Add The Fiscal Cliff to Google Bookmarks Add The Fiscal Cliff to Stumbleupon Add The Fiscal Cliff to Reddit
#799295 - 01/06/13 07:12 PM Re: The Fiscal Cliff [Re: Angie]
Angie Offline
Zebra

What a cliff hanger this fiscal cliff story has! Let's see what happens next.

Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Twitter Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Facebook Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to MySpace Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The Fiscal Cliff Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Stumbleupon Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Reddit
#801569 - 01/18/13 11:06 PM Re: The Fiscal Cliff [Re: Angie]
Angie Offline
Zebra

Eric Cantor suggests raising the debt ceiling so that the government can pay their bills; however, the Senate needs to come up with a budget by May 1. If no budget, members of Congress will not be paid as they have not done their job. What do you think about this?

Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Twitter Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Facebook Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to MySpace Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The Fiscal Cliff Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Stumbleupon Add Re: The Fiscal Cliff to Reddit
#802341 - 01/24/13 08:50 AM Re: The Fiscal Cliff [Re: Angie]
Angie Offline
Zebra

House passed the bill, Congress members will not receive their salaries until the budget is passed. The salaries will be held until the end of the session. Do you think this is going to do any good?

Personally, I know that it is easy to raise the debt ceiling; it's easy to overspend but eventually you face the music - either tighten your belt and pay off your debts or you go bankrupt.

#806455 - 02/17/13 11:52 AM Re: The Fiscal Cliff [Re: Angie]
Rhonda C Offline
Gecko

Loc: Texas
We work in the medical field and depend heavily on Medicare reimbursements. Due to the potential, and current, cut backs, we have drastically reduced our spending. It really hurt to tell our landscaper, pool guy, and housekeeper that we would no longer need their services. We will now do these chores ourselves to save money. I worry about the people that were doing this for us before but we have to cut back somewhere. The current government is hurting everyone.

#823998 - 05/30/13 09:25 PM Re: The Fiscal Cliff [Re: Rhonda C]
Angie Offline
Zebra

What do you think of all that is going on in Washington and around the country at this time? Not only the scandals but there are still repercussions from the sequestration. I read that although federal employees ar3e furloughed one day a week they are saving their days to take at one time so that they can get unemployment payments. The employers are giving them the information they need for the process.

CNN Money: Furloughed federal workers can collect unemployment

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Motion 5 Parallax Effect - The Graphics
by Digital Art and Animation
Flash and Animation
48 minutes 19 seconds ago
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
Save money on cruises
by Candyce - Adventure Living
Adventure Living
Yesterday at 09:25 PM
Pawn Stars
by Nancy Roussy
Reality TV
Yesterday at 08:06 PM
Working on Book Covers
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Yesterday at 07:32 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 05:46 PM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 05:39 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 05:29 PM
Should She Stay Or Go?-Poor Eveline in Dubliners
by RoseEnglish
Short Stories
Yesterday at 05:21 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.