Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
geraldrice, Letonya M., xaritsu, elina, lah123
57012 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57013 Members
417 Forums
112558 Topics
795835 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 769
Beetlemess 618
Karm - SW USA Editor 355
Nancy Roussy 173
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 165
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 131
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 131
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 128
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 117
Linu 104
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#801280 - 01/18/13 03:46 AM How to maintain the silver rings?
want Offline

I bought a silver ring from a shop, I don't know if it is a real one. I have worn it for about 3 months, I find it not as shining and smooth as It was before. I don't know the reasons, I don't know how to keep the silver rings too.

Add How to maintain the silver rings? to Twitter Add How to maintain the silver rings? to Facebook Add How to maintain the silver rings? to MySpace Add How to maintain the silver rings? to Del.icio.us Digg How to maintain the silver rings? Add How to maintain the silver rings? to Yahoo My Web Add How to maintain the silver rings? to Google Bookmarks Add How to maintain the silver rings? to Stumbleupon Add How to maintain the silver rings? to Reddit
#801566 - 01/18/13 10:28 PM Re: How to maintain the silver rings? [Re: want]
Meredeth King Offline
Shark

It is a result of oxidation, almost all silver jewelry would experience the progress for long wearing.
In fact, silver should not be worn with gold jewelry mixed, for they are of different character, just like the dress suit is not suitable to be worn with jeans.
Some style of silver would become black, and it is not necessary that it can be worn only after it is cleaned clearly in that the nostalgic taste is great as well, just like the patches on the jeans.
When the color of silver changing into old black, it is very nice to wear retro style items, cleaning it is not that necessary.
Well, hope these tips would help! smile

Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Twitter Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Facebook Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to MySpace Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to maintain the silver rings? Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Reddit
#801838 - 01/21/13 04:14 AM Re: How to maintain the silver rings? [Re: want]
kanika Offline

you can clean your silver jewellery with dry colgate powder.

Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Twitter Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Facebook Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to MySpace Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to maintain the silver rings? Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to maintain the silver rings? to Reddit
#803433 - 01/30/13 01:53 AM Re: How to maintain the silver rings? [Re: want]
antjewelry Offline

You can search on google or I think you should contact silver manufacture or shop to warrant.

#808171 - 02/27/13 04:04 AM Re: How to maintain the silver rings? [Re: want]
arnoldous Offline

"The silver ring looks awaesome in many aspects. The silver ring is formed because of the result of oxidation. They are mainly used for making Jewellery items.

**Note: new users are not allowed to add links/urls to their posts!

Edited by Sadhana - Indian Food (02/27/13 06:47 AM)

#809623 - 03/05/13 09:33 AM Re: How to maintain the silver rings? [Re: want]
clairehobby Offline
Shark

Originally Posted By: want
I bought a silver ring from a shop, I don't know if it is a real one. I have worn it for about 3 months, I find it not as shining and smooth as It was before. I don't know the reasons, I don't know how to keep the silver rings too.

It's also the problem for me. Now I have got what I need to know from the repies below.

Edited by clairehobby (03/05/13 09:35 AM)

#820137 - 05/09/13 03:37 AM Re: How to maintain the silver rings? [Re: want]
Omily Offline
Jellyfish

Almost all the silver jewelry will experience this process. It's oxidation. u should keep the ring dry. I was told that the silver ring may get oxidation easily when it was wet. It is said that toothpaste can clean the silver ring, and make it shiny as before! u can have a try!!

#823439 - 05/27/13 05:58 AM Re: How to maintain the silver rings? [Re: want]
Russell K. Mark Offline

If the baking soda solution loses its efficacy, dump it out and start afresh with clean water and baking soda.

#823454 - 05/27/13 10:04 AM Re: How to maintain the silver rings? [Re: want]
BB -Body Care Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

I have experienced this problem with silver rings. I have used the baking soda and water to clean tarnished silver rings.

#860657 - 03/31/14 11:57 AM Re: How to maintain the silver rings? [Re: want]
James Andrew Offline
Shark

Loc: Austin, TX, USA
Jewelry cleaner is a perfect solution.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Where Is Meditation?
by Tracy - Philosophy
Meditation
1 second ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
9 minutes 37 seconds ago
My Spirit Was Touched By a Canada Goose - Article
by Tracy - Philosophy
Spirituality
9 minutes 56 seconds ago
Giving and Spirituality - Article
by Tracy - Philosophy
Spirituality
25 minutes 57 seconds ago
Do You Embrace Your Shadow
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
33 minutes 54 seconds ago
How Does Your Self Image Affect You
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
34 minutes 48 seconds ago
Is Time Now Or Eternal
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
37 minutes 59 seconds ago
Is Health Pre-Determined
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
41 minutes 33 seconds ago
What Purpose Do Relationships Serve
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
43 minutes 4 seconds ago
Surrender Or Resistance
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
45 minutes 12 seconds ago
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Tracy - Philosophy, 1 invisible), 131 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.