Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My friend's daughter is 11 and she has already put a relaxer in her hair. Since I have a 10 year old daughter it made me wonder, how soon is too soon to put chemicals in your daughter's hair?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My daughter has never put chemicals in her hair, but did decide to get twist her hair into locs when she was in Jr. Highschool much to my dismay. Her hair grew long, but she decided to pick them out midway through her highschool years. We redid the locs. :-) She has had them since and they have grown quite long.

I have chemicals and would love to go natural but worry about the transition. I would say, if a mother could hold off, it might be good. Once the transition is made, it's hard to transition back.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Dianne,

I have been scouring the World Wide Web and almost everyone agrees with you about transitioning back to natural hair. I actually had sisterlocs in my hair for a few years but my daughter would never sit still long enough for that.

I have always heard that you are supposed to wait at least until a girl hits puberty though because of all of the chemicals. Plus I though no lye relaxers were more gentle but everything that I've read says that it's easier on your scalp but harder on your hair.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I think all of it is difficult on your hair and scalp. It also depends on the brand and the individual. There was a brand that totally took my hair out and ended up with a bald spot, switched brands and all way ok.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
E
E
I have to agree with dw and Maria be very careful and because you don't want to lose any strands take precaution!

M
Shark
Shark
M
Eleven might be too early for a girl to have a relaxer put on teh hair, I guess.
In fact, my mother didn't do that to me, I did that the day when I am into the 20th years in the world.

Come to pandahall to get your fashionable jewelry.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I am totally against putting chemicals (relaxer)on a youngsters hair. This is a very abusive process that will lead to scalp problems and early hair loss. Let the child make their own decision once they are old enough to realize the risk involved. Perhaps in their early teens. This is my opinion. I'm sure there are others who totally disagree.

R
R
Depending on what kind of relaxer you are using it's always best to follow up with the entire hair line products for best results for example if you used pink luster's or olive oil you should use there other products too.

does face thin tool work

J
J
I am totally against putting chemicals (relaxer)on a youngsters hair. This is a very abusive process that will lead to scalp problems and early hair loss. Let the child make their own decision once they are old enough to realize the risk involved.

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.