Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
2013, Geddingsm1992, Suzann, pupp, dannyken
57206 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57206 Members
417 Forums
113001 Topics
800960 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 789
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 445
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 159
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 89
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Mona - Astronomy 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#801538 - 01/18/13 05:15 PM Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan"
Barbara Vessel Offline

Has anyone started the Diet after reading the book? What are your thoughts on the way it is written. Very confusing. Information all over the book, instead of categorizing foods and spices you can have in one spot. Helpppppp

Add Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Twitter Add Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Facebook Add Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to MySpace Add Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Del.icio.us Digg Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" Add Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Yahoo My Web Add Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Google Bookmarks Add Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Stumbleupon Add Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Reddit
#801540 - 01/18/13 07:01 PM Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" [Re: Barbara Vessel]
Sadhana ~ Indian Food Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: USA
Is the Diet actually related to colds & allergies?

If not, you might get more responses if this were posted in the proper forum :-)

If it is, then it's fine but you could also post a similar question in the Weight Loss forum as well. You will get a broader range of responses :-)

Edited by Sadhana - Indian Food (02/01/13 07:54 PM)

BellaOnline Training Manager, BellaOnline Forum Admin, BellaOnine FB Admin :-)

Indian Food Website

Dont forget to sign up for the Indian Food Newsletter!

Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Twitter Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Facebook Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to MySpace Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Stumbleupon Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Reddit
#801556 - 01/18/13 09:22 PM Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" [Re: Barbara Vessel]
Meredeth King Offline
Shark

Perhaps you can post it on the related Food section, there must be someone read the book and can give you useful advice! :)

Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Twitter Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Facebook Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to MySpace Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Stumbleupon Add Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" to Reddit
#802942 - 01/27/13 05:13 PM Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" [Re: Barbara Vessel]
Sheree-Allergies Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Idaho, USA
The book actually is related to food sensitivities/allergies so posting it here works. I am trying the Plan and agree there are a lot of problems with it but it does have some good basic information if you are willing to search it out. My biggest complaint is it gives no suggestions for menus if you already know a food being tested is one you have a problem with (e.g. bread). I already know I cannot eat bread (gluten sensitivity) or any gluten-free kind because of candida which makes me sensitive to carbs. But there are no suggestions for making other tests. Basically, you have to use the Plan as a guide and kind of go it on your own. I do like the cleanse and getting you down to the least reactive foods so you can begin to test for sensitivities. That is really working for me.

#804055 - 02/01/13 06:33 PM Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" [Re: Barbara Vessel]
HappyMe09 Offline

I read an intro to her book on an amazon page. I applaud her for getting folks to eat better, mentioning KILLER INFLAMMATION *for most doctors play it down to the detriment of their patients, and for eliminating those items that cause sensitivities. What I didn't care for was what is allowed: PROCESSED. Can't wrap my head around that at all - perhaps today you are NOT suffering from a reaction from the bromide in bakery items. The genetically modified ingredients. The synthetic enrichment. Or are you? Unless you have a window to your digestion, there could be some real problems brewing. I don't mean to sound critical - but I have been there. I opted out of the processed foods chain-for my health's sake. The allowed federal government approved suggested amounts of GRAINS and DAIRY and it almost killed me. I don't trust anyone that suggests any -food- that contains over 8 items and is wrapped in a can or wrapper full of BPA - whether allowed by the FDA or not. I was tested for allergies and know what I may have issues with. Some might be healthy broccoli. But chances are, I will find a way to include them every so often for the nutritional and some times CANCER fighting qualities. There really is NO nutritive reason to eat chips, white bread, etc. Oh, and by going organic, gluten-free and not eating anything that was made in a laboratory - I lost over 10 pounds and have kept it off for 7 years. (Even my red wine is organic. But I can take resveratrol and organic grapes without the damage to my liver) But that's just how I look at food, health and weight loss.

Edited by HappyMe09 (02/01/13 06:39 PM)

#804387 - 02/04/13 01:31 PM Re: Is there anyone out there who is trying "the Plan" [Re: Barbara Vessel]
Sheree-Allergies Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Idaho, USA
I am only using the reactive foods aspect of her plan but that can be helpful for someone with inflammation. Like I said, her plan is far from perfect. I too do not appreciate the processed foods but I don't eat them anyhow.

Moderator:  Sheree-Allergies 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Word From Last Letter Game
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 07:16 PM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 06:13 PM
Sorry about not posting for a while
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Pagan
Today at 02:41 PM
Job Titles Game
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Fiction Writing
Today at 01:24 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 01:21 PM
Olay Pro-X- Advanced Cleansing System Review
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
Today at 12:25 PM
The Gifts of ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 10:31 AM
7 Chaos Taming Strategies for ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 10:31 AM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Today at 10:24 AM
Adobe KnowHow Learning Center
by Digital Art and Animation
Digital Art and Design
Today at 05:39 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.