In an interesting situation, we got back-to-back Biggest Loser days, I think in a desire to keep the momentum rolling. So we got the big introduction on Sunday then on Monday we got "week 2" immediately. I did like that, so we could see everything fresh and get on the ground with everyone.

Also, I liked that they didn't have any voting at all. The people barely knew each other. I would have felt it unfair to vote at this point. So I greatly appreciated the "red line". Each person had to do their own work and that was what mattered.

I realize that Jillian uses tough love, and I do appreciate the value of tough love. But I wish she would also help be a safety net for her team. Clearly all people here have problems. It's why they're on the show and not doing this on their own. The other trainers seem willing to invest the time to "nurse" their team members through problems. But Jillian seems to have forgotten about the nurturing side. Hopefully she will regain that going forward.

I like how they're working with the kids and finding a baseline to then show their progress against. And I know this might be a bit rough of me, but I really blame the parents. These kids aren't buying their own junk food. Why are the parents filling the house full of this stuff? Why don't they offer to go play with their kid or walk with them or SOMETHING, vs abandoning them for 12 hours straight in front of a TV? Yes, people work. But 12 hours??

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum