Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Marie Stroman, azirajewels, Chrissy Brady-Smith, Emma Lomax, noahmiller2
57460 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57461 Members
417 Forums
113586 Topics
806657 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 417
Nancy Roussy 228
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 116
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 62
Jana - Creativity Editor 57
Mona - Astronomy 53
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 40
mary-tea1 21
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#801444 - 01/18/13 09:01 AM Petunias can be Perennials
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

I know many say that petunias only last one season, but mine keep going! I grow them in containers and bring them in for the winter.

My petunia just made me a new flower! smile

Does anyone else grow these?

Add Petunias can be Perennials to Twitter Add Petunias can be Perennials to Facebook Add Petunias can be Perennials to MySpace Add Petunias can be Perennials to Del.icio.us Digg Petunias can be Perennials Add Petunias can be Perennials to Yahoo My Web Add Petunias can be Perennials to Google Bookmarks Add Petunias can be Perennials to Stumbleupon Add Petunias can be Perennials to Reddit
#801523 - 01/18/13 11:26 AM Re: Petunias can be Perennials [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lestie - ContainerGardens Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi Lisa and all,

Thanks for stopping by - the petunia really looks great and yes they are really beautiful especially mass planted in a large pot - they bring much wanted colour to our gardens here all the time.

What is your Kitty's name - he-she looks very content!

Cheers

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Twitter Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Facebook Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to MySpace Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Petunias can be Perennials Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Stumbleupon Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Reddit
#801529 - 01/18/13 11:31 AM Re: Petunias can be Perennials [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I've experienced the same thing, Lisa! Our petunias in the front yard border are going strong still! I was ready to take them out to plant some Christmas poinsettias but couldn't make myself take out perfectly beautiful petunias still blooming.

Despite the c-c-cold weather and gusty winds here, their hanging in there!

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Twitter Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Facebook Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to MySpace Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Petunias can be Perennials Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Stumbleupon Add Re: Petunias can be Perennials to Reddit
#801531 - 01/18/13 11:51 AM Re: Petunias can be Perennials [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Lestie -

The two petunia plants tend to be "quiet" in the winter - just greens - but that's fine with me smile.

The kitty is Juliet! She wanted to be in the photo too.

#801532 - 01/18/13 11:53 AM Re: Petunias can be Perennials [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Lori -

Wow, we have a layer of snow down here. I'm not sure what the mint and sage are doing in their blanket, maybe hibernating. But we do bring the petunias and other porch-plants inside for the winter. So we have a gardenia, several basil plants, three pepper plants, a rose, and two succulents hanging out in the kitchen area waiting for spring.

#815629 - 04/08/13 01:35 PM Re: Petunias can be Perennials [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

OK my petunias are now enthusiastically making TONS of blooms. They are happy spring is here. I took them out with me on the porch when I did my yoga today, the first time I'd been able to do yoga on the porch.

Hopefully I can do it more often in the coming days!

Here are some photos I took today.

Moderator:  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
57 minutes 8 seconds ago
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:02 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:00 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 08:57 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 08:55 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 08:21 AM
Change a letter game - 6 letter edition
by Mona - Astronomy
Inspiration
Today at 03:40 AM
How do you begin your day?
by Mia Silky
Self Development
Today at 03:11 AM
The Geminids Are Coming!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 03:04 AM
Do you prefer to go shopping online?
by Mia Silky
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 02:41 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 74 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.