Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#801208 01/17/13 10:59 AM
Q
qwy Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
Does anyone know of a romance novel in which the woman is the one actively pursuing a man that is not married, doesn't have a girlfriend, isn't a player, nor her best friends boyfriend or fiance, isn't her ex-boyfriend, or just a shy guy? I'm trying to find something that is like a reversal of the normal romance novel in which boy sees girls... boy chases girl... girl plays hard to get.... finally boy wins girl... I would like to see something in which it's the girl that sees boy... the girl chases the boy... the boy plays hard to get... finally the girl wins over the boy. I've been looking for a long time but I don't think such a story exist... The few that I've found that come close usually has a cliche guy in the roll of one of those I mentioned up top... you know he's rich, arrogant, etc... It's never a normal guy... I mean he doesn't have to work in a factory... I mean normal as far as his personality... not a boring guy, just a normal guy.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
qwy #801224 01/17/13 12:36 PM
D
D
Yes, try reading a book called "Behind Hidden Falls". I believe you will find it has quite the twist that you are looking for. He does have money, but unlike any rich guy persona that you would expect. The best part is... you gotta read it. Let me know what you think.

qwy #801225 01/17/13 12:39 PM
D
D
Sorry about the print, don't know what happened.

Q
qwy Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
Hello Darlene, thank you for being the first to answer my post... I tried to google -Behind the Hidden Falls- but I'm getting different results... could you tell me the name of the author??? Google just gives me different titles with hidden falls, but not the complete title of -behind the hidden falls- I even tried wikipedia, google books, Amazon books, Borders book store, and Barns & Nobles book store... even the public library... I can't find that book...

Last edited by qwy; 01/18/13 12:53 AM.
qwy #801296 01/18/13 03:54 AM
D
D
I'm sorry, I didn't catch that I typed it wrong. It is "At Hidden Falls", it's an Angel's Bay novel by Barbara Freethy.

Q
qwy Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
Thanks I'll check it out

qwy #805434 02/09/13 05:37 PM
D
D
Was wondering if you had a chance to check out that book yet? and if so, what did you think of it?

Q
qwy Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
I've only been able to read a summary of it so far, I just moved to Germany for a medical internship last month, so finding books and or tv shows in english is hard.. though for some reason there are a lot of songs in english... Anyway so from the summary I've read on the internet, it seem like she only was after him because of the dream she had and is chasing him to save his life, I was looking more for a she saw him in a book store and was attracted to him and then tried to pursue a relationship with him... but now I kinda of realize that finding a book like that is going to be really hard, so I wrote another question on here titled "any suggestions" Basically it's asking for a story with a really good guy lead character who purses a relationship with a woman who doesn't think she is good enough for him and feels insecure and afraid that he will leave her when he dicovers her faults

qwy #805466 02/10/13 11:39 AM
D
D
She gets a family heirloom in the mail that triggers the dreams. So she sets out to find out what the connection is with her family and this man who is in danger. It isn't until she meets him, that she feels drawn to him. She doesn't pursue him in the sense that you mean. He struggles from wanting her, and wanting to fulfill his duties as a father. It's more like circumstances finds them running into each other, and it becomes quite interesting. there are other characters that as well that want to be together but are overcome by obstacles.. It has a different twist from what you may generally read. It was just a suggestion though. Maybe you will luck out and find exactly what you are looking for.

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.