Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
KaylaWa, Marie Stroman, azirajewels, Chrissy Brady-Smith, Emma Lomax
57461 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57462 Members
417 Forums
113599 Topics
806723 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 438
Nancy Roussy 225
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 117
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 68
Jana - Creativity Editor 61
Mona - Astronomy 56
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 40
mary-tea1 18
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#800655 - 01/15/13 03:03 AM Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol
Peter - Wine Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Scientists have discovered that a glass of red wine can prevent the build up of cholesterol after a meal of dark or red meat.

Read the news article here

What red wine do you like with meat?

I think malbec aor pinotage goes great with a steak, I like a cabernet/merlot blend with roast lamb, a shiraz or zinfandel with a meat stew -- well, actually any big flavoursome red will do for me.
My Book

Add Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Twitter Add Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Facebook Add Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to MySpace Add Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Del.icio.us Digg Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol Add Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Yahoo My Web Add Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Google Bookmarks Add Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Stumbleupon Add Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Reddit
#801233 - 01/17/13 01:06 PM Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol [Re: Peter - Wine]
HappyMe09 Offline

Scientists at the University of California, Davis, think that a group of chemicals in red wine, called saponins, are linked to the ability to lower cholesterol The tests showed that the Red Zinfandel has the highest levels of saponins followed by Syrah. Also, I believe reducing inflammation helps. My wine is usually organic. So, any red will do. But I recently had the pleasure of having a cannonau wine Cannonau I Fiori Pala I FIORI CANNONAU DI SARDEGNA D.O.C.. Controlled Origin Denomination. Red Wine. This wine was previously named Triente. Would love to have more!!! Just can't find it in Chicago!

Edited by HappyMe09 (01/17/13 01:07 PM)

Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Twitter Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Facebook Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to MySpace Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Stumbleupon Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Reddit
#801294 - 01/18/13 01:29 AM Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol [Re: Peter - Wine]
Peter - Wine Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Welcome, HappyMe

The wine you are looking for in Chicago is available from

Mainstreet Wines
5425 South La Grange Road, Countryside, IL 60525
www.mainstreetwine.us

It is an Italian wine from the island of Sardinia made from the grape they call Cannonau but which is more widely known as Garnacha(in Spain) and Grenache elsewhere.

The winery fact sheet about your particular wine is here
www.pala.it/index.php/en/cannonau

If you like this wine you should also enjoy Grenache/Garnacha from other countries so you may like to experiment.

Come back and let us know if you managed to get to Mainstreet Wines.
My Book

Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Twitter Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Facebook Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to MySpace Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Stumbleupon Add Re: Red wine with red meat reduces cholesterol to Reddit

Moderator:  Peter - Wine 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Classic Art - Redone
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Painting
Today at 03:59 PM
Goya / Wyeth Exhibit
by Art Appreciation
Art Appreciation
Today at 01:47 PM
Call off Christmas!
by Mona - Astronomy
Drama Movies
Today at 01:46 PM
Christmas Paintings
Painting
Today at 12:06 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
Low Carb
Today at 11:50 AM
Is Obesity a Disability?
Low Carb
Today at 11:45 AM
Review of Boston Children's Museum
by Mona - Astronomy
Family Travel
Today at 11:40 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 10:03 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 10:02 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 09:59 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.