Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
mxvjjet00, sophaylavender, titianfire, kitchenvibe, Sandra Gail
56988 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56988 Members
417 Forums
112494 Topics
795070 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 716
Beetlemess 710
Karm - SW USA Editor 285
Nancy Roussy 181
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 165
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 125
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 122
Linu 114
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 100
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#800431 - 01/13/13 06:20 PM Spice Pots of ANISEED
Lestie - ContainerGardens Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hello there!

Some spices suit containers better than others...and ANISEED is one of them. Instead of ‘fresh off the supermarket shelf' spice, grow your own this time!

Want to ‘stir up some bodily lust?’ Ward off the evil eye? Flavour a medicine? Catch mice? Keep away a nightmare? Cure hiccups? All this and more. You can't and won't do too much better than get some of this dainty herby spice in your life.

Don't want to add yet another container? Well, by visiting the Container Gardening site, learn more about why you should buy Anise seeds - as we say, every well dressed kitched has them on hand; every savvy cook uses them too.

Comment and questions? Come to the forum and post.

Cheers now

Edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens (01/13/13 06:24 PM)

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Add Spice Pots of ANISEED to Twitter Add Spice Pots of ANISEED to Facebook Add Spice Pots of ANISEED to MySpace Add Spice Pots of ANISEED to Del.icio.us Digg Spice Pots of ANISEED Add Spice Pots of ANISEED to Yahoo My Web Add Spice Pots of ANISEED to Google Bookmarks Add Spice Pots of ANISEED to Stumbleupon Add Spice Pots of ANISEED to Reddit
#801178 - 01/17/13 01:24 PM Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Everyone,

Have you ever grown this herb? If so, was it easy? Or are you a traditional only herb grower like the usual suspects - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme! And Basil. And Mint. And Coriander. And Garlic. And Ginger. And Chillies. And Chives.

Let's face it - there are so many wonderful things to grow that it's a tough choice to make about what comes next.

How many herb containers do you have? Will you be trying some Aniseed any time soon (like after the winter and Mr Frosty has gone?)

Cheers now

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Twitter Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Facebook Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to MySpace Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Stumbleupon Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Reddit
#801586 - 01/19/13 04:16 AM Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hello, it's me again!

Are you a cook? Have you ever cooked with or used ANISEED or Anise in your prepartions, party foods or salads? Do you have a favourite use or recipe? If you do not grow Anise then can you buy it readily from the food stores and supermarkets?

I look forward to your responses!

Cheers now

Edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens (01/19/13 05:42 AM)

Container Gardening Site

Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Twitter Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Facebook Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to MySpace Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Stumbleupon Add Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED to Reddit
#801595 - 01/19/13 08:22 AM Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]
Susan - Meditation Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: The Netherlands
I'll have to give them a try this Spring - right now, here in North Holland it is below freezing and snowing lightly ...

#801647 - 01/19/13 05:59 PM Re: Spice Pots of ANISEED [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Susan and All,

Thanks for stopping by and that would be great to hear about.

I am mindful that it is the northern winter right now ... still, it is nice to know what plans can be put into place once spring springs (or whatever season follows for you). What's also great is that our new plans for 2013 still have a chance for more thought and planning, and so by default, what we're thinking of changing or introducing into our container gardens.

I was doing some research on making 'things' with anise seeds and later will post a recipe for some liqueur which I can't wait to try myself. Will also add a non-alcoholic cordial for others and children so hopefuly and correctly will say ... 'Watch this space!'

Here's to some changes for all of us for this Chinese year of the Snake!

Cheers now

Edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens (01/20/13 03:18 PM)

Container Gardening Site

Moderator:  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Low Carb Book Covers - Need Help
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
8 minutes 49 seconds ago
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 01:18 AM
Gelato or Ice Cream?
by Cinzia - Italian Food
Italian Food
Today at 12:38 AM
Using Lip Liner and Lipstick
by Kimberly - Cosmetics
Cosmetics
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Make Your Eyes Look Bigger
by Kimberly - Cosmetics
Cosmetics
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Salad Time
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Low Carb
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Gilbert's Beef and Cheddar Craft Sausage Review
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
Post Here to FIND or BE a beta reader of fiction!
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
Sandwich du jour
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames), 100 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.