Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
vebuskeder, Ladybugz, LLTC, ethniccode, Sony Raycom
57297 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57297 Members
417 Forums
113263 Topics
803525 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 594
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 369
Beetlemess 299
Jana - Creativity Editor 235
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 83
Nancy Roussy 59
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 53
Dorcie's 53
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Mona - Astronomy 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#801102 - 01/17/13 03:47 AM Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts [Re: JOY ( Self Development )]
Omily Offline
Jellyfish

Wow, that's really a very good idea.

Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Twitter Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Facebook Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to MySpace Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Stumbleupon Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Reddit
#801103 - 01/17/13 03:49 AM Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts [Re: JOY ( Self Development )]
Omily Offline
Jellyfish

Wow, that's really a very good idea.

Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Twitter Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Facebook Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to MySpace Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Stumbleupon Add Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts to Reddit
#801116 - 01/17/13 04:59 AM Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts [Re: JOY ( Self Development )]
Lestie - ContainerGardens Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hello Joy and everone,

Well Christmas is over but there are many other celebrations coming up for us all and for all sorts of reasons.

Joy, I loved the way your article was written ... as if your gift suggestions were at the foot of the Christmas tree! Clever indeed.

In today's frenetic world there seems to be so little time to communicate with depth and care and understanding and all and all.

One of my all time favourite Latin sayings is BIS DAT QUI CITO DAT which translates to 'He-She gives twice who gives quickly.'

There is much to say about this but my favourite gift to give AND receive is a piece of me to someone else and a piece of them to me. Just spending quality time with them in conversation is a gift in itself. Giving of oneself is a formidable gift anyway.

Running my site and forum on BOL is another way of communicating too. Is it a gift in this sense - who can say, but I love doing it anyway.

Hope I have been able to articulate my thoughts properly!

Cheers now

Edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens (01/17/13 05:08 AM)

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

#802495 - 01/24/13 09:36 PM Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts [Re: JOY ( Self Development )]
Omily Offline
Jellyfish

What a good idea!!

#808225 - 02/27/13 12:22 PM Easter Gifts [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]
JOY ( Self Development ) Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: England, UK
Originally Posted By: Lestie - ContainerGardens
...Joy, I loved the way your article was written ... as if your gift suggestions were at the foot of the Christmas tree! Clever indeed...

Hi Leslie, many thanks for your feedback! As Easter approaches, if you gave 'gifts' to people then as well, what sorts of presents do you think they might like to receive at that time of year, especially from a Container Garden point of view? (JOY)

Add Easter Gifts to Twitter Add Easter Gifts to Facebook Add Easter Gifts to MySpace Add Easter Gifts to Del.icio.us Digg Easter Gifts Add Easter Gifts to Yahoo My Web Add Easter Gifts to Google Bookmarks Add Easter Gifts to Stumbleupon Add Easter Gifts to Reddit
#808245 - 02/27/13 12:47 PM Re: Easter Gifts [Re: JOY ( Self Development )]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Lestie, sharing your joy and enthusiasm for container gardening *is* a gift to others. You always re-inspire me to container garden.

I love to give and receive garden gifts but I have learned to be careful when giving such gifts to others who do not understand them. It really is like giving a pet in a way because plants and container gardens require ongoing care for which many people lack the time or inclination.

I love nature gifts though and wonder if giving a terrarium is a better choice. They are self-contained and self-maintaining.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: Easter Gifts to Twitter Add Re: Easter Gifts to Facebook Add Re: Easter Gifts to MySpace Add Re: Easter Gifts to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Easter Gifts Add Re: Easter Gifts to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Easter Gifts to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Easter Gifts to Stumbleupon Add Re: Easter Gifts to Reddit
#808246 - 02/27/13 12:49 PM Re: Unusual Christmas Gifts [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Originally Posted By: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
We don't give gifts at all any more - we take each other out to dinner our have them over for dinner.

With all the material goods in the world and everyone having his own preference, style and taste, maybe it is better to go this route, Lisa. Time spent with others *is* a gift. The gift of one's time and attention is precious.

I'd much prefer that over some tangible item that will collect dust.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  JOY ( Self Development ) 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
15 minutes 14 seconds ago
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Today at 05:55 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Comedy Movies
Today at 05:39 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Today at 05:36 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 05:36 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Today at 05:10 PM
Name a Classic Toy Game
Creativity
Today at 05:10 PM
Craigslist Buying and Selling Tips
Home Finance
Today at 05:09 PM
Fall Fun Word Game
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Investing
Today at 04:06 PM
Stock Market Volatility Returns
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Investing
Today at 03:55 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 159 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.