Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
When you sit down to write, what is the area you write in like? Is it a certain spot? Is it organized? Cluttered? Does it provide inspiring items to look at? Are some items perhaps UNinspiring you?

Share your challenges and progress!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
S
Hello! How psychic are you?! I just sat down and began assessing my work area, hoping for a better start to my work today by organizing! And literally 2 seconds later your post appeared! Thank you.

Anyway, I've noticed that the aestetic (sp) part of my office is gorgeous, peaceful, spiritual, clean,....but that my actual workspace- desk, bookshelves, papers, technology, etc. are a mess! I'm almost burried in sticky notes! pretty colors though.

I will let you know how I do later! Jackie

Jacqueline Olivia Pina
[url = http://nativeamerican.bellaonline.com]NativeAmerican[/url]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I have good news and bad news. The good is that I have an entire room for my creative space! Super lucky at the moment. The downside is that I have many different creative spheres... Besides writing for BellaOnline, I write fiction, and letters, and follow/comment on a number of online topics, daily. One wall is for sewing, quilting, knitting and crochet tools and projects (the stash is in two other places in the house). Family and business accounting and record keeping share the two walls with desk and computer. My recipe collection sits in a two-drawer file cabinet with the household/business equipment manuals, writing folders in another two drawer cabinet. Have I mentioned I can be a bit OCD? smile There are half a dozen banker's file boxes full of photos and family memorabilia sitting under the work table because I am in the middle of a major family history scrap booking project....

Upside: I have so many neat things to choose from each day. Downside: ditto, mainly because I am so greedy about wanting to do everything--now!--that I had put off doing years ago because chores came first. I need a 32 hour day, at least!

I have found it very useful to separate generating ideas from research and actually writing the article. I make a new file and jot down ideas or interesting quotes whenever I encounter them, then have a day (usually Wednesday or Thursday) when I'll spend time researching and making notes on any or several of the file ideas. Then when I sit down on Friday to write the article for that week, I pick one of the ideas' files and flesh it out--which saves me having to face a blank screen and operate from scratch! Saturday morning is my post date.

Still, there will be some weeks when the pickings are thin, usually because I'm caught up using my creative juices on some other project. Conversely, some weeks can generate several article outlines. I admit that I am not working hard at this particularly project to the exclusion of all others. I'm rather newly retired and mostly enjoying the freedom to indulge as many of my dreams as possible in the day... BellaOnline and the taxes are the only deadlines keeping me even halfway 'adult' about my schedule, LOL.

Cheryll Schuette
Bahá'í Site
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jackie -

Definitely clearing the mess off can help a GREAT deal. I find when I clear my desk that I can focus much better on the tasks at hand. Let us know how it helps!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Cheryll -

You are so fortunate to have a room all to yourself! Many editors dream about some day having that smile

It sounds like you have a great system worked out!

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
when i begin to write, the first topic i can think about is the new book i am reading, i may write some thoughts from the book.

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
ClaireHobby -

That is a great idea, to clear your mind of those thoughts and to record them for later. Sometimes if a thought is stuck in your mind it's good to write it down, and say "OK I definitely will work on that later."

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Last night I completely cleared off my desk. I simply put everything "behind me" for now. It made a huge difference! It's so nice to sit down with a clear, empty desk. It relaxes me. I can focus on the task at hand. I know I will get to that other stuff later on.

I also write my to-do list fresh. I don't just carry over the old list. The act of freshly writing down the items helps set my intention to work on them.

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Congratuations Lisa! I would love a clear desk! My desk is cluttered, I have books and paper on every available service except the small folding tv tray table I keep my laptop on. It's totally clear.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Parakeet
Parakeet
I do try to keep my office organized as clutter tends to interrupt my train of thought. I'm lucky that I have a dedicated office in which to work. However, my computer desktop often becomes a disorganized mess as I conduct research and save documents to my desktop.

I have to go in at least monthly and delete and organize or else I go crazy. Right now it's a "crazy" time. Both of my monitors are COVERED with desktop notes, pictures, information, etc.. and I need to delete and organize badly, but December and January have been very busy. I may have a moment after taxes are done.

The thing that inspires me about my office is that I have a window I can look out. There is a tree with squirrels playing in it every day.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.