Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Dreams are an individual as we are but there are some common dream themes. What do you dream about the most?

What do you dream about?
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/14/13 12:14 PM

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I have submitted my vote there..

Amoeba
Amoeba
Great poll, Lori!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks for your support! smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Lori, a lot of the time I dream about school. It helps me work out problems.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I dream about school too. Usually about college and failing most of my courses because I am so tired I can't even make it to class. At age 45, you would think I wouldn't be dreaming about that kind of thing anymore.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Connie, dreaming about our jobs or our workday is pretty common. We find a lot of solutions during our dream state where we can play around with all possibilities.

In Jeanne's case, when she dreams about college, this symbol is more a life metaphor. For years, I dreamed about going to school. In one recurring dream, I was not going to pass high school because I skipped social studies. The counselor gave me a chance to "make up" this course during summer so I could graduate.

In real life, I never had academic problems in school. This was not a literal dream message. HOWEVER, in my waking life at the time, I was withdrawing from socializing with friends and other social groups. I wanted to cocoon and be a hermit when I knew that in order to fulfill one of my life purpose's I had to be among people. The dream was telling me that I would not advance spiritually--that I would not graduate to the next level--until I learned my social studies (became more social).

In later dreams, I was late to college classes. Running up the stairs, but late.

Similarly, Jeanne, your college dreams tell you that you might not "get" or "pass" your higher life lessons because you are too tired (from distracting activities) and aren't attending your life classes!

You didn't ask but here is some unsolicited advice or what I call Dream Therapy: Reflect on your current life and see what is tiring you out so much. Be sure that your best energy is spent on more spiritual matters rather than physical activities. This doesn't mean you have to switch careers or anything drastic. Just be sure to work in some meditation, reading, gentle exercise, journaling or attending groups that encourage higher thoughts, deep introspection and soul growth. Rest. Be still. You are still "doing something" when you are at rest.

Whatever career or job you may have, be sure to apply all of the wisdom you have gained thusfar in life.

We misunderstand sometimes and think that a spiritual person only thinks about spiritual matters. But a spiritual life is also a physical life here on earth. We are to learn in spirit but apply in the physical.

You are a wise woman. Just apply what you have learned so far and be open to learning more.

Keep dreaming and your dreams will lead you to the next step.

Life is a school.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Since I teach and counsel people as part of my 'work', I find that I commonly continue this on the dream plane. I also often receive teachings there myself from teachers I have or am studying spiritually with. So in the poll I marked this as 'exploring other worlds' and 'receiving warnings and guidance' but really I feel like it's another category...actually I feel like we continue a lot of communications from our daily lives on a deeper level in our dreams too, which is kind of dreaming about waking life, but really is different...like if you need to say something to someone in your daily life, but are having a hard time, you may do it in a dream, and I believe it can be a valid communication.

Great poll!

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Amoeba
Amoeba
Lisa - Like telepathy? That is very interesting!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks for your great insight, Lisa! I agree!

There was a NOVA program called, "What are dreams?" and I highly recommend it if you can get it on Netflix.

Scientists are coming to a new understanding about the important role dreams play in human life. In fact, if a person cannot dream (not those who merely cannot recall them) he suffers in his waking life.

Completely fascinating. It really is like living a life in a different dimension.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.