Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
uveuleurz, Noitartst, KAMI, Betty6123, nigarnigar
57304 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57305 Members
417 Forums
113270 Topics
803627 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 576
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 299
Jana - Creativity Editor 247
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 82
Nancy Roussy 56
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 55
Dorcy 54
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#799517 - 01/07/13 11:54 PM Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe [Re: Angie]
Cinzia - Italian Food Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Loc: California, USA
Originally Posted By: Angie
Cinzia, this is the way my mother made the dish. My father taught her to cook Italian. His mother was from Alberobello and his father was from Palmi, RC.

I recall her salting the slices and stacking them with a weight on top. This is probably why mine never tastes as good - I don't do that. I'll have to go back to the original recipe.

Thanks so much.

You are so very welcome! Great towns both, where your grandparents were from, amazing food there. I am glad you can appreciate true, traditional cucina italiana.

Take care.
Also author of the eBook Simple Delicious Italian Recipes.

"Never cook as a chore or duty, or your food will taste like it" C.Aversa.

Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Twitter Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Facebook Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to MySpace Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Stumbleupon Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Reddit
#799579 - 01/08/13 12:21 PM Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe [Re: Cinzia - Italian Food]
rdywenur Offline
Gecko

I always salted my eggplant too but in the same show Mario Batali said that salting was always done to remove bitterness but that they found out that is not true now and is not really necessary. I am a creature of old habits so will probably still do the way I was taught. (BTW my MIL is from Naples..born and raised till they moved to the Bronx)

Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Twitter Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Facebook Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to MySpace Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Stumbleupon Add Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe to Reddit
#799609 - 01/08/13 02:12 PM Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe [Re: rdywenur]
Angie Offline
Zebra

Originally Posted By: rdywenur

(BTW my MIL is from Naples..born and raised till they moved to the Bronx)

My grandparents met in NY and lived in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, I never knew them.

#800628 - 01/14/13 08:37 PM Re: Eggplant Parmesan Recipe [Re: Cinzia - Italian Food]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Cinzia.....I am talking about a homemade delicate tomato sauce, not the marinaras out there today. An Italian woman I know makes a lovely sauce that complements the eggplant parmesan she makes. It is not overpowered at all, and I know what you mean by that. I may just try your recipe. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cinzia - Italian Food 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
How to Use the Internet to Job Search
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
59 minutes 18 seconds ago
Volcano Movie Review
by Dianne W - Editor
Action Movies
Today at 10:11 AM
Gold Jewelry/Silver Jewelry?
by Sophia5141
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 10:03 AM
What Is Space Weather? *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 07:20 AM
The Challenge of Aging Wine
by Peter - Wine
Wine
Today at 05:28 AM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Peter - Wine
Low Carb
Today at 05:04 AM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by "Rosie"
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:28 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by "Rosie"
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:25 AM
Music ABC game
by "Rosie"
Pop Music
Today at 04:20 AM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Dorcy
Home Finance
Today at 12:29 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Dianne W - Editor), 65 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.