Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
A
This song is one that I have played for years and it is timeless. I finally found it on youtube. It is called Desiderata and it is the Les Crane version. The mass choir and the words are awesome !!!!!

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

© Max Ehrmann 1927

What other spiritual songs inspire you guys??

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 01/04/13 05:59 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
That is a great song, Dave. Such inspiring words. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I have turned to music to get me through the days. Some songs are more rock based when I need to release negative emotions, some songs are soft when I need to be soothed. I am not sure if you could classify any as spiritual songs per se, but many have helped my spirit achieve balance, at least for the moment.

There are some songs worth mentioning. One song particularly moving to me is the instrumental song "One World" by John Tesh. It is from his album "One World", a result of a tour he did around the world and he created songs reminiscent of various cultures. Most of the songs are well done, but the song "One World" combines several musical cultures into one and it speaks deeply to me. It both soothes and invigorates at the same time.

One part of the song fondly reminds me of Phyllis, a dear and sweet spiritual friend. Another part, a section of Spanish music, makes me imagine my boyfriend and I dancing together. We never did dance the way I imagine it when I hear that song, but he was a fabulous dancer, and if his heart could have taken it I would have loved to take dance classes with him. He was so open and alive in his mind that I know we could have pulled it off. You can find this song and others from the album on youtube.

Another album I like is an album by Benedictine monks, the Monks of Weston Priory in Vermont. They have several albums, but my favorite album is "Go Up to the Mountain". I like all the songs on that album, with my favorites being "With Thanksgiving to God", "Deep Into the Stillness", "For Us to Live", and "For I Shall See You Again".

This album soothes the most ragged of nerves. The monks' deep choir voices are like angels singing, and I do feel spiritually transported when I listen to this music. The words along with the music are inspiring and comforting. It is difficult to find these songs to listen to online, but the album can be ordered from their website:

http:
//www.westonpriory.org/

Last edited by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor; 01/14/13 01:14 PM.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
"For Us To Live"

Refrain: For us to live is to believe in Jesus, the Christ, and in the One who sent Him.

Though we have never heard His voice nor seen His face, we hope to let His word take root in our lives.

It is in spirit and in truth that we are known, free to be lifted up in each other's lives.

Nothing can take from us the hope in which we've grown; not even death shall separate us from His love.

If we should thirst for truth and ask for more of life, then shall the spirit waken faith that is real.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.