Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Jessyyoga, Arash, Ziv Halevy, HectorHernandez, TaraV
57403 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57403 Members
417 Forums
113448 Topics
805459 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 632
Beetlemess 265
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 168
Jana - Creativity Editor 142
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 78
Nancy Roussy 62
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 41
Sandra Investing/HFinance 34
Dianne W - Editor 26
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#800242 - 01/11/13 05:48 PM Haboobs
Angie Offline
Zebra

Have you seen any photos of the haboob? A haboob is a giant dust storm sandwiched between the water and the clouds. It is incredible.

Dust Storm - Haboob

Add Haboobs to Twitter Add Haboobs to Facebook Add Haboobs to MySpace Add Haboobs to Del.icio.us Digg Haboobs Add Haboobs to Yahoo My Web Add Haboobs to Google Bookmarks Add Haboobs to Stumbleupon Add Haboobs to Reddit
#800250 - 01/11/13 08:26 PM Re: Haboobs [Re: Angie]
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Thanks for that Angie and WOW! What a sight!! At first I thought your post was a "suss" one with a name like Haboob, but it's a very impressive image and I thank you for enlightening me on a new word and meaning.

We're having all sorts of weird weather this year, guess I shouldn't be feeling special - it seems that people all over the planet are experiencing strange weather too.

Keep us posted with any new info Angie
Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Re: Haboobs to Twitter Add Re: Haboobs to Facebook Add Re: Haboobs to MySpace Add Re: Haboobs to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Haboobs Add Re: Haboobs to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Haboobs to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Haboobs to Stumbleupon Add Re: Haboobs to Reddit
#800281 - 01/12/13 03:57 AM Re: Haboobs [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
Angie Offline
Zebra

I was watching the weather channel when they showed pictures of it. It was impressive.

Add Re: Haboobs to Twitter Add Re: Haboobs to Facebook Add Re: Haboobs to MySpace Add Re: Haboobs to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Haboobs Add Re: Haboobs to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Haboobs to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Haboobs to Stumbleupon Add Re: Haboobs to Reddit
#800299 - 01/12/13 06:56 AM Re: Haboobs [Re: Angie]
Ninjahedgewych Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Portsmouth, England
Impressive! My wife is off to visit family in Coomara Waters on Thursday, but that is on the other coast. Otherwise I'd worry about her lungs!

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama

#800315 - 01/12/13 09:56 AM Re: Haboobs [Re: Ninjahedgewych]
Angie Offline
Zebra

My friend in Australia told me that the sand is swept up from central Australia - it is huge!

I hope your wife has a great trip. Australia is beautiful. We visited Tazmania. They have had huge fires there lately.

Edited by Angie (01/12/13 10:00 AM)

#802463 - 01/24/13 10:46 AM Re: Haboobs [Re: Angie]
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Hi guys, the haboobs are very impressive, but Australia's experiences with dust storms comes nowhere near the "dirty thirties" dust storms in America during the 1930's. Am reading about them at present. Amazing.

Yes Angie, the fires in Tasmania have been awful. My friend Annie's son lost his home, cars and caravan and all his tools in the fire at Dunalley. You might have seen the photo on the web that went viral of a grandmother and her five grandchildren who's only option to escape being burnt alive was to enter the water and stand in neck high water sheltering under a jetty for hours. Here's a link to that picture if you're interested.

www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/ama...b-1226550726787

The photos were taken by the grandfather as he stood in the water with the family. Amazing images.

Other parts of Australia have been affected by bushfires. They said it would be a bad year this year and they were right.

Hope all's well with you guys

Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

#804278 - 02/03/13 09:54 PM Re: Haboobs [Re: Angie]
Ninjahedgewych Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Portsmouth, England
Renumber the floods too! My wife was in the ones caused by the cyclone!

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama

#804281 - 02/03/13 10:04 PM Re: Haboobs [Re: Angie]
clairehobby Offline
Shark

i never seen it before. The nature is a gelious, as it has create so many amazing scenery in our life.

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Relief For Men With Unwanted Body Hair
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
2 seconds ago
How often do you cut your hair?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
5 minutes 39 seconds ago
Stress Reduction is a Beauty Basic
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
10 minutes 37 seconds ago
Using Nail Decals for Easy Nail Design
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
18 minutes 10 seconds ago
Teaching Moon Phases and Eclipses
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 01:13 PM
Why You Should Brush Your Tongue
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 12:06 PM
The Best Way to Condition Your Hair
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 11:54 AM
How to get rid of dark circles in 2 weeks?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 11:45 AM
not worth buying three at a time
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 11:40 AM
Fashion
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 11:34 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Nancy Roussy), 144 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.