Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 103 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 102 103
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Jilly, is there a public library nearby where you are with free wifi? or a college campus with wifi for everyone?

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Lisa! I do have lots of places with free wifi I can use. Library, chamber of commerce, coffeeshop, wine bar, mcdonalds and starbucks.

That is really cool that you got some Dr Who to enjoy!

This week I spent $20 on a date, which I shouldn't have done at all, but I wanted to make a good first impression on the date and not be the normal cheapskate that I am. That blew my entire wad of personal funds for the month, though. frown

Other than that I spent nothing this week.

I do need to get more cat food tomorrow. I have some extra buck notes from CVS that I can use to pay for that. I love CVS. :-)

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I had to pick up a lot of cat food, so my pet sitters would have plenty of kitty chow while I am gone. I did buy one large bag at ALCO for $10, but that is fair enough - i set aside money for them for that each month. What is nice is that everything I by at ALCO gives me points for free rewards money. So I really prefer to shop at a place that does that. I end up spending those rewards on more cat food!

I also picked up five little cat food bags for FREE at CVS, just by using my CVS extra bucks. I had $20 in extra bucks to spend, PLUS the cat food was several dollars off from being on sale.

If anyone can get to CVS by Saturday night, there is a great sale where if you buy $30 of product (they tell you which things apply), you get a $10 gift card free. If you buy mostly food, or things you need anyway, it is an excellent system for getting free CVS gift cards that you can use any way you like.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I forgot to get this week's CVS circular, but there are still two days left to see what the extra buck specials will be. Anyone know?

Today i bought some wine and that's it.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I like this thread! It helps keep me in check.

Today so far, I haven't spend a penny but that is because I haven't gone out the door...yet.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Fro the last three days or so, I haven't spent anything. That is because my drivers side door froze open during some weather we had. I just got it thawed out! I actually enjoyed all the time at home, though.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Jilly,

Your post about the CVS circular reminds me of previous posts we used to do about upcoming savings. I will try to be more diligent about stopping by sometime and posting the week's sales so everyone can save.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Maria - i do miss those posts! I'd love to see more of those here again.

Speaking of CVS, I've been getting a TON of those free $10 gift cards, and $5 extra bucks rewards in the last few weeks. The trick is timing your purchases for things you need with the sales, and stocking up, and rolling those extra bucks.

If this is greek to anyone, let me know and I will explain further!

I really love CVS. They've really 'gamified' the shopping process in a fun way.

This weekend I didn't buy anything, and the only thing I spent actual money on the entire week was, again, some wine. You can't use extra bucks on wine, but you can get 10% off wine deals at both CVS and Walgreens.

In the week prior, I did pick up a few things at Goodwill. I'm staying with family in Florida, and realized I didn't bring much more than tank tops here. So I had to pick up a few long sleeved shirts, a knitted wrap, and a hoodie.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Another non-spending day, today, although I used CVS extra bucks to pick up some cotton balls and q-tips for free. I also used food stamps at Walmart. But I didn't spend any actual money.

Yesterday I bought wine with cash. I definitely have a spending pattern. I buy wine, and I buy cat food/cat litter. Sundries like soap and beauty supplies I generally can get for free using stacked coupons with sales.

I also usually come home from the dentist with free bags of toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss - my dentist is happy for me to take as many samples as I want.

I also pick up a lot of Kindle ebooks for free (the titles change a lot, so there is always something new to download).

Blah, blah, blah. So, that was my spending recently. How are you guys doing?

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today my sister in law took me out for lunch, so i left the tip as a thank you to her.

Earlier this week i bought some wine, and i also spent $5 on a magnet from Kennedy Space Center.

In Key West this week I bought a margarita.

That's really it for the week, except for paying recurring bills like the mortgage and sewer.

Page 12 of 103 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 102 103

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.