Next Thread
Print Thread
#792757 11/14/12 07:09 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Are you guys registering for your winter classes yet?

I just registered for my winter classes at NU, which start in January. I chose:

Net security & legal
motivation
stress management
poetry

The last will help me with Mused smile I'd love to be more versed (heh) in how to evaluate poetry.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hurrah I earned an A in my public speaking & crisis communication classes. Only 7 classes left before I earn my degree! I start again in January.

Where are you guys in your class cycle?

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
D
Way to go, Lisa! I am just beginning my college journey this month. I am working toward an Associate's at a local community college (but doing all but one class online) to fulfill General Education requirements and transfer to a four-year state university for my Bachelor's and Master's.

This semester, I am taking Spanish, English, Cultural Diversity, First Year Experience (required for all Freshmen) and Basic Algebra. It's a total of 16 hours with 13 credit hours, as my Academic Plan requires College Algebra and I did not test high enough in Math to go right to that. I have to take Basic Algebra and Intermediate Algebra (no credit) first...I forgot nearly all of it.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's great to hear, Donna - I definitely love online learning. It lets you take the work at your own pace.

How long is a semester for you? Do you have weekly assignments in each of the five classes? Is five classes at a time a normal load for the school?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My first set of Winter classes began today. I have a Poetry class which is a full twelve week class, which will be great for my Mused efforts. I lead the poetry team for Mused so the more I can learn about poetry, the better feedback I can provide to our poets.

The second class is a short six week class on Stress Management. I've written a free ebook on stress management here -

BellaOnline's Free Ebooks

so this topic is important to me. I want to see what other tips and ideas I should add into the ebook. And of course it will help me mentor editors better, to help them get through their challenges they face in life.

So I'm greatly looking forward to both classes!

Then in February the Stress Management class ends and I pick up two new classes. So for the February-March period I'll have three concurrent classes.

At Northeastern the norm is to have four classes in a semester, and the classes can be either six week "half semester" classes or full twelve week classes. So the number you have concurrently at any given time depends on how you set up the classes.

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
D
The semester is 1/14-5/12. Full time students carry a load of 12-19 hours, with classes worth three to four hours each, so I'm pretty much in the middle. I'm going to go over the eight-week summer term (up to 10 hours) and max out my hours next year so that I can get the Associate's done at the end of Spring 2014. If they have a four-week intersession in May, I can squeeze in one more class (four hours max.)

I will be a very, very busy bee. But I'm not getting any younger (I'm 35) so I want to complete my degrees ASAP. I'm going to be a school librarian. smile

Last edited by DonnaCrimeEditor; 01/07/13 10:26 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Donna - I'm 44 so I know what you mean about not getting younger smile

That's great on being a school librarian!

My Cyberlaw paper is now submitted, on internet income and sales taxes. Interesting stuff, 12 pages, single spaced.

Winter term is set!

I get a week's break before Spring starts up. Spring will be my last term before I graduate, with my last 3 classes.

Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.