Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
clairelacey30, arrowproject, Uzzal Hossain, tmelton, ninahaska
56559 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56559 Members
417 Forums
111426 Topics
785908 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 253
Nancy Roussy 169
loongdragon 148
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
Rosie 66 133
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 92
Lestie4containergardens 55
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 55
Mona - Astronomy 48
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
#799313 - 01/06/13 10:13 PM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
To all or none,

Buddha said,give,give,that is what I try to do with all of you.

Today worked 7 hours on learning ,to be able to share with you.

With Metta ;Loving Kindness
loong

Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Twitter Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Facebook Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to MySpace Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What  my Buddhism is about. Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Stumbleupon Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Reddit
#799392 - 01/07/13 09:14 AM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all or none,

I don't know if I have mentionned this before.Learned from Thich Nhat Hanh,When I wake up.Right there ,i stop all movements ,put half a smile on my face ,breathe 3 times,then I can move,repeat if you sit in your bed,this is the way to start a day;
loong

Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Twitter Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Facebook Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to MySpace Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What  my Buddhism is about. Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Stumbleupon Add Re: What  my Buddhism is about. to Reddit
#800257 - 01/12/13 03:44 AM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all or none.

Remember when I started studying Buddhism ,not having found The Middle Path yet,I went stark crazy, seeing myself as a Arahat.
Would read everything I could ,went into Buddhists groups,
Took Refuge in a private ceremony,Took monks vows instead of
Leity vows.After 3 years as a monk ,I renounced
to being a monk,sexual craving ,was driving me nuts.It is easy
not thinking of sex when you live in a sangha.But in the traffic of outside life.Pretty hard of not thinking about sex.
Buddha never let a woman touch him.There is this Theravadin
Bhikkhu that never lets himself touch by a woman .This is done
so as to not awaken the craving for sex.
Now I am thanks to Lisa the editor of the group,I have come closer to the middle way.Thanks to Lisa from bringing me ,with
different views about Buddhism.Thank you Lisa Erickson.

loong

#800263 - 01/12/13 05:04 AM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Loongdragon, i love your Gallery! Is that like your personal board of directors?

#800285 - 01/12/13 10:40 AM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To Jilly,

I originally started this thread,for articles that was too short,
also to be like an open book on how I was seing MY buddhism.

Made my own board of directors:
Martin L.King jr.
Buddha, Dalai-lama,my deceased father
and Jesus ,not the christians Jesus Christ.But Jesus perceived,
not as a savior but like Buddha.

Thank you for your writing

With friendlyness
loong

#800303 - 01/12/13 12:48 PM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I love your gallery too Loong, and am glad that you feel our interactions here are helping you gain clarity on your path. It is enlightening for me too. Truly all of our interactions bring us lessons and insights.

#800615 - 01/14/13 06:23 PM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all or none,

Recently meditated on my beleifs regarding my way of seeing and living my Buddhism.Even if Lisa Eriskson she is -no one's teacher,she says. :),I still consider mine.Her having had a Tibetan teacher for almost 20 years,is a gold mine of experience and Compassion.

We recently exchanged on the way I was walking and living my path.
She ,with her usual,frankness,and love for others,gave me pointers,more than pointers,her truth,on the way she was living hers and how I should after meditation,live mine.
Just too bad ,flowers cannot be sent through a computor,She would get a giant bouquet
With everything she has done for me,specially with her busy schedule.

Ihave,I believe,never said ,what I am about to say..P

Find someone,whom you trust and more knowledgeable than you.

First it is good on humility, then on loving kindness.

To Lisa Erickson thank for wnom you are,with deepest respect
_/\_
Loong

#800692 - 01/15/13 10:38 AM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all,

If trying to make one feel better,and that person after a while feels worse.Something has to be wrong.That is and was my case.
Today,Now ,Peace has reintered my Mind.Today I will start working on BARDO.Keep you posted
loong

#800746 - 01/15/13 12:00 PM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
Burt B. Offline
Chipmunk

Originally Posted By: loongdragon
To all,

If trying to make one feel better,and that person after a while feels worse.Something has to be wrong.That is and was my case.
Today,Now ,Peace has reintered my Mind.Today I will start working on BARDO.Keep you posted
loong

Hi loong,

Your devastation in the loss of finances, homes and love has been my path also.

To hear you say, "Today,Now ,Peace has reintered my Mind." is a great and warm comfort to me.

Your loss was my loss.

Your bitterness was my bitterness.

Your hate and anger and headstrong fight against attachment, suffering and desire is my fight.

Your positive affirmation today is my reward.

Your hope is being renewed.

Your heart is being renewed.

Your mind is being renewed.

Do you have any idea how much joy this is bringing me right now ?

Unspeakable.

You are stabilizing.

This stabilizes me.

Sincerely,

Burt B.

#800747 - 01/15/13 12:01 PM Re: What my Buddhism is about. [Re: loongdragon]
Burt B. Offline
Chipmunk

I do not know what BARDO is.

Will you please teach me ?

It sounds like it is helping you.

-- Burt B. smile

Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 >

Moderator:  Lisa - Buddhism 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
19 minutes 16 seconds ago
How to Roll a Ball of Yarn
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 01:38 AM
Knitting Mitten Instructions
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 01:35 AM
Introduction to Bead Knitting
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 01:31 AM
Types of Knitting Needles
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 01:28 AM
Help! I wanna be a Life Coach!
by clairelacey30
Life Coaching
Today at 01:07 AM
Cat with Bizarre habit?
by Sewlicious
Cats
Today at 12:47 AM
Spring Holiday Season
by Kathryn - Short Stories
Short Stories
Today at 12:27 AM
God was performing a mighty work
by Angie
Christian Living
Yesterday at 10:31 PM
Good Friday
by Angie
Catholicism
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 57 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.